Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Flowering Toxins

Rei Anul Sama wrote a story a lot like this, but it was *my* original idea. She wrote the story (Demons of Old) her own way, and I didn't approve cause she made Sesshoumaru a total wuss (and she screwed the whole ending up). This is *my* version of it.

Chapter 13 - Flowering Toxins

Chapter 13 - Flowering Toxins
Rei Anul followed the flower petals across the outer courtyard, towards the training grounds. She arrived, and the entire clearing, what used to be dry dust and dirt, was now blooming with beautiful white flowers. The petals had a hint of red on the tips, looking very similar to Sesshoumarus family crest. Rei could sense something wrong with these flowers though. There was a green haze hovering over the field, like an ominous shroud of some sort of poison.

Great. He wants to poison me now. Another knife flew passed her, striking her arm and landing in the dirt. Another note was attached to it. Nice aim, jackass! Rei shouted out to an absent Sesshoumaru. She looked at the note. It was the second haiku.

Flowers are deadly
With their green toxins and waves.
Knives hide within them.

There was an added note at the bottom this time.

Avoid the poison.
Find the note and you find me.
Die and you will fail.

Geez, who knew demon lords liked poetry? And of course if I die I fail. Id be dead, so there wouldnt be a retake session. Now lets see&knives hide in the flowers. Notes are attached to the knives. Find the knife, the test is over. Sounds simple enough. Rei began to walk through the flowers covered in the green miasma. She suddenly recoiled and ran back out. It was acidic gas! Rei felt as if her entire body was being digested from the outside in! Ok, I think we have officially established that poison is bad. So, to find the knives, poison has to go bye-bye. She looked around, searching for something that might disperse the gas cloud. Then she looked at the note. Paper! She folded the note into a fan. She walked back up to the field of flowers and tried to fan the poison cloud away. At first, it started working, but as the area around the fan dispersed, it pushed the cloud around Rei, consuming her once again with the acidic gas. She quickly stopped fanning, and started thinking to herself.

The field isnt that big, right? I dont see my skin flaking off, so I guess if I just endure the pain until I find it, it should be okay. Yeah&Ill just suck it up. Im the Grim Reaper. No, Im a demon. I ignore pain. Pain is life. Life is pain. Yay, pain! shoot this hurts...



Thats what she was thinking as she shuffled through the flowers, looking for her knife with her feet. No luck, and the pain was starting to get to her. She fell to the ground, bowing to the shim of the flowers. The pain became almost unbearable. She couldnt move. A burning sensation consumed her on the outside, and was starting to seep through her skin to her chest. The burn got closer and closer to her heart, and she breathed harder, slightly moaning.

The burn got to her absolute core. The pain had gotten truly unbearable. A surge flew through her limbs and her eyes burst open, glowing a bright red. She felt as if she had been consumed by fire. It got to the point where bursts of fire came from her eyes and the flames ignited the roots of one of the lowers. In seconds the entire flower was engulfed. Rei was screaming, the excruciating pain throughout her huddled-up body. She managed to lift her body off the ground, though she could only make it to her hands and knees. Her hands dug into the earth, and she tried to concentrate the pain through her hands like a lightning rod. It was working. Flames were exerted from her hands, and it spread across the ground, consuming the flowers it reached. The circumference of the short blasts grew larger each time. Eventually, the entire field was burning.

Sweat trickled down the sides of Rei Anuls face. It was incredibly hot, yet as the fire was exerted from her she felt a cooling feeling. When all the pain was gone, she returned to a calmer state, and remembered she was looking for a knife. She stood p and looked around. Above her there was dark green smoke. All around her were the burning red and white flowers. She felt a wave of exhaustion come over her and she now bore an expressionless face. She walked through the flames, completely immune to their scorching affects. She soon spotted something shiny that glinted a pink light as it reflected the sun. She concentrated fully on the object, her eyes red again, and the knife lifted itself off the ground. She held out her hand as if to catch it, but it stopped in mid-air. She touched the piece of paper tied to it instead and pulled it off. Her eyes turned normal as the knife dropped to the ground. She read the note:

Second test is passed
With poison immunity.
The third is fatal.

Rei shuddered. Something big was behind her, and she could feel it. Suddenly a gust of wind shot out and blew her forward. She could feel tiny darts stinging and pricking her skin as the wind flung her toward the flames. She screamed as she landed among the burning poison flowers. The wind blew out some of the flames, and the poison still had a slight sting on her skin.

I think you can see these notes were pre-written. You are not my heiress, you are hers. For that, you shall die.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Authors Note: Ooh the suspense! =P Back to Laura, and then a double, no, triple chapter of Rei. =D

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment