Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - Shikamaru's Help

When Belle Morte is tossed into a completely new dimension without her human servant. How will she get by? Especially with all of these Ninja running around. And that kid, Sasuke, who pushes her buttons so badly she tosses 2 people into a gate.

Chapter 20 - Shikamaru's Help

Chapter 20 - Shikamaru's Help
Belle sat in the room all day, staring at the wall opposite her. That night, though her babysitters did, she couldn't sleep.





The next day went about the same way, she couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, didn't talk.




Shikamaru was there for his shift, Belle barely raised her eyes in greeting, as by now she had taken to staring at her hands in her lap.





"What happened to you? You were more lively the day before yesterday, even with your snapped spine. I've heard from the others that you've only been this way since Uchiha was in here with you. Did he do something to you?"





She didn't even bother to look up, she just shook her head.



" Then what happened? You're acting stupid."




His chair tipped back of it's own accord. It fell back before he could get out of it.



Shikamaru climbed out of the chair, stood and set it upright. He sat back down and looked at Belle, who was glaring at him fiercely.



"I don't take well to insults." Her voice wasn't angry, though, it was dead, empty.



He looked pleased with himself, " I got you to react to something. See? Whatever happened isn't the end of the world."




"It was the end of my world. My old home is gone, forever."




"Yeah, the Hokage told everyone who was watching you that you weren't from this world. So, now you're stuck here, huh?"




"Yes, I guess I am. I guess I have to make friends here, settle down and make a life for myself, all in this new world." Belle cocked her head at him, "Can we be friends?"




"Uh....sure...." Shikamaru was surprised. Most people weren't so straightforward.





Belle laid down and smiled as she drifted off to sleep. Maybe this place isn't so bad.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment