Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 21 - Slipping Out

When Belle Morte is tossed into a completely new dimension without her human servant. How will she get by? Especially with all of these Ninja running around. And that kid, Sasuke, who pushes her buttons so badly she tosses 2 people into a gate.

Chapter 21 - Slipping Out

Chapter 21 - Slipping Out
Belle woke on the third day in a surprisingly better mood. Shikamaru had helped more then he'd known.





After her first guard of the day left, Ino, the next one was Naruto.




The good mood came with more energy, more energy meant boredom, " Hey, Naruto, What do you all do for fun around here?"



He got a very mischiveious(msp?) grin on his face, "How about slipping out of the hospital for some ramen? I'm starving."



"No idea what that is, but slipping out of the hospital I agree with. Let's go!" Belle hopped out of bed, wearing that damn hospital gown that's always this awful white color with blue speckles that made fat old ladies look like giant robin's eggs. She made darkness swirl around her, replacing the god-awful gown with a longsleeve top, and long pants. Boots completed it and she looked sort of like an assassin.




"That must make things easier." Naruto said, staring.




Belle shrugged and nodded. Naruto stood up and went to the window, pushing the glass outward, "I hope you can jump!"



"I'm game if you are!" Belle hadn't felt this happy since before she was turned. Naruto's constant glee must be catching.



"That's the spirit! Let's go!" Naruto jumped onto the window sill and hopped out the window.




Belle followed, climbing onto the windowsill and leaping down the three stories to the ground. She landed in a crouch beside Naruto, then stood up straight, "So, where we going, Naruto?" belle was glad to be out of that horrible hospital.




"The ramen shop! I'm hungry. I'll pay, so don't worry."



"How does a kid earn money around here?"



"Well, most don't have to worry about it, since they have parents. But those who don't go on missions to earn money." Naruto explained.



Belle got quiet, looking around at everyone else. They were all dressed alike. After a while, she noticed something else alike as well. They all looked at Naruto with hatred or chilling indifference. Why? She thought, he's such a sweet kid.



She looked over at Naruto, who was pointedly ignoring the glances, which were starting to expand and include her too.



"Naruto?"



"Hm?"



"Why is everyone looking at us like that?"



He looked annoyed, "Can I tell you later?"



"Um.....sure......"




They came across a shop with an open front covered by a curtain. Naruto ducked under the curtain, Belle followed. They sat down in the tall chairs in front of the bar.




"Two bowls of ramen please!" Naruto said, immediately perking up.




"Hey Naruto, who's your pretty lady friend?" The man behind the counter looked middle-aged but kind, like someone's dad.




"This is Belle Morte." Naruto replied, blushing slightly.



"I'm not familiar with the last name, is she from somewhere else?"



"You could say that." said Belle, a little sadly.




The man slid two bowls of some type of noodle in front of them , then handed them two sticks stuck together to use as utensils. Belle stared at them, confused, what was she supposed to do with these?




"What's wrong, Belle?" Naruto asked, waiting for her to try the food.




"I don't know how to use these...." Belle answered, a bit embarassed.



Naruto nodded patiently, "Watch me." He snapped the two sticks apart, Belle mirrored him. He showed her how to use them and soon she was able to handle them with relative ease.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Konohasdarkshadow on February 24, 2008, 12:09:14 PM

Konohasdarkshadow on
KonohasdarkshadowBelle is a fast learner