Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - What Roy Mustang Never Realized

I was watching Fullmetal Alchemist and realized that I really wanted to write a fic pairing Hawkeye and Mustang. One-shot and realitivly cute.

Chapter 1 - What Roy Mustang Never Realized

Chapter 1 - What Roy Mustang Never Realized
                         What Roy Mustang Never Realized

        Disclaimer: Hi! No I do not own Fullmetal Alchemist, but I wish I did. This fic came about after watching the last episode at least 5 times. (Yes, I am very obsessed.) It's kind of a one shot that I am striving for with a little fluffy feel good junk thrown in. No flamers (haha, what a pun) please, cause this is the first fic I've written in a while.
Enjoy!
        
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

                They say that behind every aspiring and succesful man, there is a woman.
        
        This never really dawned on Roy Mustang until he arrived at central one morning. His normally neat desk was flooded with papers begging for his attention and the coffee (pretty nasty stuff to begin with) was cold. Rubbing his eyes, he walked away from the desk to where his friend and co-worker Riza Hawkeye resided.
        "Lt. Hawkeye, is there anything that..." He paused. The desk was empty. God, how he hated how long it took him to catch onto things in the morning. If Edward Elric ever saw him like this, he would never let the colonel live it down...
        "Can someone please tell me where Riza Hawkeye is this morning and why my desk is a mess?" he growled to no one in particular, rubbing his temples.

        Maria Ross came in right at that moment. " She called in sick with a high fever and nasty cough, sir."

        " She's sick?" Roy fully woke up at that. Hawkeye was never sick, ever. She always came into work before he did (which was saying something cause he tried to get there early) and stayed long after the last person (usually Roy himself) had gone home (again, this said something because he was notorious for staying past nine at night, for he was a workaholic).

        Ross looked at the alarmed general. " That's right sir. That's why your desk is a mess. The first thing she does when she gets here is straighten up your desk."

       Of course, why didn't he realize it? Since they fired the last secretary, someone had to have been clearing his desk and filling his coffee. The last person he would have thought of was Hawkeye, though. She seemed more of the someone-come-clean-his-desk-or-else- type of person.
        " Why would she do something like that?" Roy mumbled, more to himself than anything. What he needed was coffee and lots of it or else this was going to be a long day...

        Ross looked thoughtful. " Permission to speak, sir."

        "Permission granted."

        Ross took a breath. " I think that she knows you have a lot on your plate at the moment and wanted to make sure that at least everything was in order here for you. Whenever I tried to help, she would tell me that there was a certain way you liked things." She cleared her throat. " I'm sure the Lieutenant wouldn't mind a visitor, sir."

         Roy looked up at her, then sat down at his desk for the day.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

        Riza Hawkeye looked up from her thermometer at her dog, Black Hayate. She hated being sick, so her mood had not been that great. However, as the day had progressed, so had her attitude, and now she was in much better spirits. "Well boy, it looks like the fever is almost gone. I'll be able to walk you tomorrow, okay?"
        Her dog looked at her and wagged his tail, giving a small bark. Riza smiled, then sighed as the smile faded. How had Roy done without her? As much as she cared about him, she had to admit that he was pretty incompetent at times and was not the most organized person in the world...
Riza gave herself a mental shake, trying to clear the thoughts from her head before her headache came back. She was begining to head back to bed when there was a knock at the door. Black Hayate ran over to the door and began to bark furiously. Who on earth would be coming to visit her this late at night?
        "I'm coming, I'm coming." After taking a quick glance in the mirror (and grimicing at her reflection: hair down and face pale), she grabbed a robe and went to the door.
        " Can I help you...?" The Lieutenant let out a small gasp. There, standing at her door with a big bunch of flowers, was General Roy Mustang.

        " As a matter of fact, I think that you can.", he said with a smile, handing the blushing Riza the flowers. He wrapped his arms around her and drew her close. " Get better or else work is going to be like hell."

        She let out a small whisper of "okay" before finding herself in a gentle kiss of the man she had loved for so long.

What do you know: Happy endings really do happen.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Well, there you have it folks. Not bad for not having written in a while, huh? I just really wanted to pair these two, so there it is. They really are a perfect match. Maybe I'll write a more in depth one later...
Please review!

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

xxxINUxFANxxx on July 12, 2006, 12:53:22 PM

xxxINUxFANxxx on
xxxINUxFANxxxShort, simple and soooo darn cute!!! You have to write a more in depth one now. It'd be cruel not to.
I'll admit that i like EDxROy alot. But if YOU continue to write  about ROYxHAWKEYE, I might just have a new *Fav* couple. So *please!!!!* keep up on the stories!!!

Kyana07 on June 7, 2006, 3:26:45 AM

Kyana07 on
Kyana07Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! that was so cuuuute! yay!! ROY AND HAWKEYE 4EVR!! not roy and hughes, and DEFINETLY NOT ROY AND ED!!!!!!!!!! ED IS MINE!! heeheeheeheehee....HEE!! sry....i had my sugar for the day...*sigh* good story though!!! ^^

Inuyashas_mate on April 6, 2006, 11:48:57 AM

Inuyashas_mate on
Inuyashas_mate:") AWW, THAT WAS THE CUTEST, M-CHAN! Great job! Im really impressed! That really makes me want to draw a picture for it for you! May I?

-Sobs at lack of inspiration flowing to herself-

-InuDani-_-