Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The Sorting

This fan-fic is about my OC character, Taylor Weasley who is a cousin to Ron.

Chapter 4 - The Sorting

Chapter 4 - The Sorting
The great hall (as I found out it was called from Fred) was full of many students chatting away at four different tables. I walked with Ron and Harry and I looked over at one of the tables to see Fred and George grinning back at me. I smiled and waved to them and they waved back.

I looked around and noticed that all the tables were split into colours. The table at the far end of the hall was green, the second one in was blue, then yellow and finally red.

I heard a voice and I looked ahead to see a hat sitting on a stool. It was talking like a human and I stared at it. It was fascinating and what surprised me the most was when it started to sing.

After it finished its song, the whole hall burst into applause. I clapped as well and saw Ron and Harry clapping as well. Professor McGonagall started to read names from a sheet of parchment. It was in alphabetical order so I would be at the end.

After a couple of names were called and the people had the hat sat on their heads, they moved to the house table that the hat called. The next person was the bushy haired girl from the train. Her name was Hermione Granger and she was sorted into Gryffindor, the red house.

After some more people moved to their houses, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Slytherin or Gryffindor, the blonde haired, smart-mouthed boy from earlier was called up. His name was Draco Malfoy. I snickered at his name and it didn’t surprise me that he was sorted into Slytherin.

After most of the group was sorted into a house, Harry was called up. Once everyone heard his name, they all went silent and started to whisper. I got annoyed at that and just stood there, waiting to see what house he would be put in.

After the hat debated for a couple of minutes it said something about not Slytherin. I was confused until I saw Harry’s lips moving and I knew what was happening. Harry didn’t want to be in Slytherin and it made sense too!

Finally the hat called Gryffindor and Harry walked over to the red table, which had erupted with cheers. I smiled and then watched as everybody except Ron and I were called up. I waited as I heard Ron’s name and I laughed as the hat spoke. ‘Another Weasley!’ I heard it call Gryffindor and I heard a couple of cheers and turned to see Fred and George whooping and hollering. I laughed.

Finally Professor McGonagall called my name and I walked up to the stool. I sat down and looked around to see that everyone was watching me. I looked nervously over at Harry and Ron and bit my lip. What if the hat didn’t put me in Gryffindor?

The hat was quiet for a few minutes and when it did finally speak it scared everyone. ‘You’re particularly hard to place. You are brave and honest, yet you have a sharp tongue. Would you rather be a Slytherin or Gryffindor?’ I looked around to see everybody waiting for my answer and I smiled. ‘I will make this school proud as Gryffindor!’

‘Then a Gryffindor you are!’ I let out my breath which I only just realised I had been holding and the hall burst into applause. I ran over to the Gryffindor table and sat down next to Harry, smiling at him, Ron, Fred, George and Percy.

The headmaster, Professor Dumbledore said a few words and then food appeared on the table. I looked around astonished and reached for a piece of bread when the Headmaster stood up again. ‘I forgot to mention that the third floor is out-of-bounds for those who don’t wish to die a most painful death.’

I looked over at Ron, who was stuffing food into his mouth and then at Hermione who was watching Ron act like an idiot. I couldn’t help but laugh and Harry turned to me. I pointed to Ron and Harry burst out laughing too.

Once we were finished our meal, Percy who was a prefect, led all the first years all the way up seven flights of stairs, which constantly swung around. On the seventh floor we came face-to-face with a portrait of a Fat Lady. Percy explained that it was the entrance to our common room and that there was a password. At the moment the password was Caput Draconius.

Percy led us inside and we all looked around in amazement. Percy then pointed to the two staircases and explained that one led to the girl’s dormitory and the other to the boys. I said goodbye to Harry and Ron and headed up the left staircase. I found myself in a room with six beds with curtains. I saw my luggage at the end of one of the beds and I laid down on that bed.

I heard voices and I saw three more girls that were my age, enter the dormitory. One of them was Hermione and the other two introduced themselves. One was Parvati Patil and the other was Lavender Brown. I introduced myself and then they walked off to their own beds. Before I knew it, I was asleep, fully clothed.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment