Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chap 2.

Bliss never knew her father, and is puzzled by humans. When her mother discovers this fascination, she is outraged and banishes Bliss to her room. Her faithful Pegasus, Akindra, comes to bust her out, and take her away - to the Human Realm...

Chapter 2 - Chap 2.

Chapter 2 - Chap 2.
I woke up in the dark to the sound of a tapping at my window, even though by bedroom was in the tower. I slowly got up, trying to stretch out the muscles that had cramped up from sleeping on the floor. I walked over to the window and tried to open it. It was shut, but with a spell from the head of guards, who I could easily overpower. I pointed at it and it swung open. My Pegasus, Akindra, appeared outside the window.
“I’ve come to get you. I have been flying in and out every hour, but you were sleeping. I heard The Queen tell the guard to put the spell on your window. She had to do it sooner or later. She’s never really loved you. Just tolerated.”
“I knew it.” I whispered.
“Ever since your father went away...she hasn’t been the same.”
“You knew my father?”
“Yes. I was his Pegasus before yours. Of course, I was just a foal then.”
“Tell me everything about him.” I pleaded.
“After we get you out of here.”
“Thank you Akindra”
I started out the window, only to hit a spell, and be flung to the other side of the room. I got up and focused my energy on the window. I pointed, then walked over and tried to put my hand through.
“Let me try.” Akindra said.She touched her horn to the windowsill. The whole window frame glowed blue. I hiked up my skirts then climbed out and onto her back. I settled between her wing joints and she flew out and over the forest.
“So, where are we going?” I yelled over the roar of the wind.
“I hadn’t thought that far ahead.” Akindra answered.
“We have to go somewhere she wont find us.” I mused, “She will have the whole realm searched.”
“So lets go somewhere not in this realm.”
“But where’s not in this... you mean the Human Realm?” I exclaimed.
Akindra nodded. We circled back around and started for the Gate.
“Hate to burst the bubble, but the humans in my pictures didn’t have tails, or wings, or horns.” I said.
“Of course, you wouldn’t know. Creatures of the Fantasy Realm can transform into humans while the sun is in the sky.”
“And when its not?”
“Instant wings” Akindra said.
“Great.”
Akindra came to land in front of what looked like a giant shimmering fence.
“That’s the Gate?” I asked doubtfully.
“Yes. That’s it.”
“How do I transform into a human?” I wondered.
“You focus on how you think you would look as a human. And then you will loose your wings and tail, but you will keep the clothes.” Pegasus explained. “But I have to transform in there.”
Pegasus nodded towards a hut.
“Why?” I asked.
“Do you see me wearing any clothes as a Pegasus? No. So if I transform here, I will be stark naked. But in there I have a sack of clothes stashed.”
“Can you wait until I have transformed? I’m sort of nervous.”
“All right.”I closed my eyes, and focused on a picture of myself. I mentally took of the wings and tail. I took of my fox nose and whiskers and replaced it with a human one. I also replaced my pixie eyes. I made my hair shorter, and more rounded. I started to concentrate on that image more. I could feel my wings melting into my back, and my ears moving down my head and changing shape, but none of it hurt. Then suddenly it just stopped. I opened my eyes. I felt lighter. I looked at Akindra.
“Well done. Now come on, there is a mirror in the hut.” I started to flap my wings, but nothing happened.
“Oh, yeah, I haven’t got any.” I said to myself.
“What was that?” Akindra asked.
“Oh, nothing.” I said, walking along embarrassedly.
We got to the hut and Akindra went into a different room to transform. I stood in front of the mirror. A human looked back. I reached up to my hair. So did the human. I did a spin, and squealed with joy. All the human in the mirror did was spin, and open her mouth. I was still admiring my human self when another human came out of the room Pegasus was in.
“Akindra?” I asked.
“Come on, we have to go. She may have already noticed that you’re missing. We can stay with some friends of mine when were in the human realm.”
Akindra and I walked up to the Gate.
“Just step through.” She said. 
Akindra must have noticed my apprehensive look, because she took my hand. We stepped through together.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment