Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chap 3.

Bliss never knew her father, and is puzzled by humans. When her mother discovers this fascination, she is outraged and banishes Bliss to her room. Her faithful Pegasus, Akindra, comes to bust her out, and take her away - to the Human Realm...

Chapter 3 - Chap 3.

Chapter 3 - Chap 3.
I looked around. We were standing in a large green field with trees and benches dotted here and there.
“This is called a park.” Akindra said, while I looked around curiously. “Come on, we have to get to Reba’s house.”
“How long have you known Reba?” I asked.
“Its not so much how long I have known Reba, but if she will still recognize me after all of these years.”
“Why wouldn’t she recognise you?” I asked, trying to keep up with Akindra.
“Well, I have changed.” She said.
I didn’t hear her though. I was too busy looking at what had just appeared in front of us. There was a long gray slab on either side of a wide black slab, which appeared to be as long as the gray slab. There were tall trees that didn’t have any branches, but were very shiny in places.
“I have never seen trees like those.” I said in amazement.
“They’re not trees. They’re called buildings.”
“And what’s the gray slab?”
“Oh, that’s footpath. And before you ask, that’s road.” Akindra said, pointing.
We kept walking. Akindra came to a stop in front of a shelter with a bench in it.
“This is a bus stop. We wait here until the bus comes to take us to where Reba lives.” She said, sitting down, and looking at the side of the shelter. A few minutes later a long yellow machine stopped in front of us.
“Bus” Akindra whispered in my ear.
We got on. Akindra gave something to the man sitting at the front and we sat down. It didn’t take long for the bus to reach where we were going.
“Come on.” Akindra said, hustling me off the bus.
We walked until Akindra turned suddenly. I realized we were going down another street. We went right to the very end of the street and stopped. Akindra led the way through a gate, and down a pathway to a little house with rosebushes lining either side of the front door.
“Wait here.” Akindra pointed to a bench under a large tree.
Akindra knocked on the front door, and went inside. I sat down. I started looking around, noticing things I hadn’t before. I looked up. There was a bird’s nest in one of the branches above me. I was so absorbed in looking at what was around me that I didn’t notice Akindra.
“Come on.” Akindra said, starling me.
“Sorry.” I said, following her inside.
I wasn’t sure what to expect of what was on the inside of the house, but what was there surprised me. The walls were a soft yellow, and there was firewood in the grate, ready to be lit.
“Reba, this is Bliss.” I could hear Akindra say.
“Hi” I said.
“Bliss, this is Reba. Your step-mother”
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment