Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chap 4.

Bliss never knew her father, and is puzzled by humans. When her mother discovers this fascination, she is outraged and banishes Bliss to her room. Her faithful Pegasus, Akindra, comes to bust her out, and take her away - to the Human Realm...

Chapter 4 - Chap 4.

Chapter 4 - Chap 4.
I stared at Akindra.
“I’m sorry. I didn’t hear you right. Did you say Step-mother?” I said in disbelief.
“Yes. I am your fathers wife." Reba said with a smile.
“Are you a human?” I asked.
“Yes. Unlike your father.”
“My father is from the fantasy realm?”
“Um, Reba, Bliss knows nothing of her father.” Akindra interrupted.
“Nothing?”
“Her mother refused to talk about him at all.”
Reba looked at me.
“Come sit down and we’ll talk.”
She led me over to a cream coloured couch across from the fireplace.
“Bliss, I don’t know how to say this. Your father is officially human, but he still has fox-like instincts.”
“Huh?”
“Let me try.” Akindra thought for a minute. “You are part human. Your fathers’ mother was a Foxgirl, and your grandfather was human. Your Grandmother gave up her place in the Fantasy realm to be with your Grandfather. Your father grew up here, in the human realm, fully human. That’s why he couldn’t be with your mother.”
“So, I'm only a little bit Foxgirl? Then how come it’s so apparent?”
“Because your grandmother was a full Foxgirl. Your uncle is full Fox. After your grandfather died she –that is, your Grandmother- went back to the Fantasy Realm with your father, which is how he met your mother, and met a ManFox, and had your half-uncle.”
“Wow.” I said, trying to take all of this in.
The front door banged open and we all whipped around.
“Mum. I'm home.” Someone called from the hall.
“In here” Reba called back.
A girl about my age, but with black hair with red streaks, instead of my plain red came in but stopped when her eyes landed on me. Before she could say anything, Reba spoke.
“Diable, this is your half sister, Bliss.”
“The one Dad told me about?”
“Yes. And Bliss, this is Diable.”
I stared at her until Akindra nudged me.
“Hi.” I said.
I started to zone out.
 
*** I was an adult, with my arm around the waist of a man, whom I just knew was called Nikolah. There were three children running around my feet, and I knew that these were my children, the oldest, Jace, and the twins, Tessa and Jasmyna. *** I was suddenly old, and Tessa was grown up, with a baby in her arms, my granddaughter, Diable, and her husband Kalvin behind her. *** I see Tessa as an old woman, and know I have died. She is holding another baby, this one, I know is my great granddaughter, and that I am her namesake. I see Diable, and her husband Geoff around them. ***
 
I quickly realize that I am on the floor, and that everyone is standing around me. Even a man I did not recognize. I got up.
“Are you ok?” Akindra asked.
“Yeah. I'm fine. Father?”
“I got home just as you fell.” He said.
I ran over and hugged him.
“What happened?” Reba asked.
I sat back on the couch.
“It was like I saw the future. I saw myself as an adult, with a husband, named Nikolah, a son, named Jace, and twin girls, Tessa and Jasmyna. Then I saw myself, as a grandmother to Tessa’s daughter, Diable, who is named after you Diable, and her husband Kalvin. Last thing I saw was Tessa as an old woman, and my great granddaughter, Bliss. I also saw Diable and her husband.”
“How did you know the names?”
“I don’t know. I just knew. Like when Tessa was holding Bliss, I knew that I was dead.”
“oh no.” my father moaned.
“Father, what’s wrong?” I exclaimed.
“The prophesy. It has started!”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment