Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The Truth.

With everyone she loves gone in a fire, Amile decides to get revenge on the one who started it - The King.
Accompanied by Brach, one of the few other survivors, Amile sets out on a journey - of danger, mystique - and a very real possibility of love.

Chapter 4 - The Truth.

Chapter 4 - The Truth.
“Amile! Brach!” there was frantic knocking at the door.
“Huh?”
“The chief knows you’re here! He wants to see you NOW!” Sensa said worriedly, barging into the room.
Brach seemed to realize what was happening, and fell out of bed. I was trying to sleep still, so as Brach shoved his feet into his shoes, Sensa had to zap me awake with a little of her magic.
“Yah!” I scrambled to get out of bed “I’m awake!”
Sensa led us out to the center of the village, which we hadn’t seen the night before.
“Wait here.” Sensa whispered, going over and taking her place in a circle of Anthro.
“Humans.” An Anthro stepped out from the circle. He had moose antlers, and the legs extending from his hooves were covered in fur. “My name is Chief Cifilo.”
The circle of Anthro bowed. Brach and I hurried to do the same.
“You have come to the Anthro Village uninvited! Give me your names. Only then will I see to your punishment.”
“My name is Brach Collan.” Brach said boldly.
“And mine’s Amile...”
“Did you say Collan?” Chief Cifilo boomed.
“Yes, Sir.”
Chief Cifilo smiled. “I knew you looked familiar to me. I knew your father.”
“You knew my father?”
“Yes. I wed him and your mother. You look lot like him. But your eyes are mixed between them.”
“What was he like?”
I knew Brach well enough to know that he had always wanted to know about his father.
“He was a good man. He would look at every possible option before acting. Annoyed a lot of people – the ones who wanted things done fast. Your father was a good friend of mine.”
“what was his name?”
“Are you telling me you don’t know your own father name?” Chief Cifilo seemed to swell as his voice rose.
“My mother wouldn’t tell me anything bout him.”
“nothing?”
“Nothing.”
Chief Cifilo looked Brach straight up and down.
“Your fathers name was Salven, King of Ashielat.”
I saw Brach’s jaw drop. He staggered.
“Brach!” I caught him, staggering myself. He had gone ghostly pale.
“King?” Brach asked weakly.
Chief Cifilo nodded. “If I had realized before, I would have shown you the proper respect and hospitality you deserve. But then, you didn’t even know who you were!” He guffawed. He took a closer look at Brach. “Maybe you should go lie down or something.”
Sensa helped me drag Brach back to her hut.
“Can you do something for him?”
“Not for the shock. I might be able to wake him up though.” Sensa put her paw on Brach’s’ chest. There was the orange light again. “there. He should be all right now.”
“Brach… Bra-ach. Wake up!” I ordered him, while shaking him.
It didn’t work. He was still breathing, so I just decided to leave him alone, and start filling Sensa in on what had happened in the last couple of days, starting with Amyras’ Guards coming.
“And now were going to kill Amyras for setting our village on fire” I said “Although, Brach being a prince and having his evil Uncle kill his father is probably a whole other problem, bound to make this one worse.”
Unbeknownst to either of us, Brach awoke as I said this.
“Brach saying he loves me complicates these things even more. I don’t love him. I don’t think I can love him. Its Brach.” I drew my feet in underneath me. “Sensa, you’re not going to say anything him are you?”
“of course not.”
“Cant love Brach, huh? What’s wrong with me? I’m a prince now. You could have anything!” Brach had come running out of the other room.
“Brach!” Tears started flooding from my eyes. I lowered my voice to a whisper. “I’m sorry.”
Brach looked at me, a mix of longing and sorrow in his eyes. I couldn’t take it anymore. I fled from his piercing gaze. I ran the way Brach and I had come. But I didn’t go to far – I was very wary of the Dragon. While I was alone, I started thinking of what I was to do once Brach continues on. I was thinking so hard; I didn’t even hear Sensa come up behind me.
“Hey.”
I started, almost falling off the log I was perched on.
“Oh. Hey Sensa.”
“What were you thinking about?”
“What I’m going to do when Brach keeps going. He wants me to go back to the children.”
“What do you want?”
“I want to stay here. I want to learn magic – especially healing magic.”
“What if Brach were to stay here too?” Sensa said slowly.
“Brach is staying? Why?”
“He’s thinking of staying. He wants to learn more fighting skills before going on to battle Amyras.”
“Well… I’d live with it.”
“You’re sure?”
I nodded. Sensa led the way back to the village. She stopped outside her hut.
“You go in, I have something I have to do.”
I went inside. Brach was there.
“Hey.” I offered. Brach ignored me. “Look, its no good ignoring me. I’m staying here, with you, to learn magic.”
This got Brach’s attention.
“You’re what?! I thought you were going were going back!”
“Uh, no. You said I was going back, not me. I’m going to learn healing magic.”
“So long as its nothing dangerous.”
Sensa came in then.
“It’s all arranged.” Sensa announced. “You can both stay here for one year. That’s it. And in that time you will get along if you’re living under my roof!”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment