Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Fly Away

Deidara is has been convinced that he doesn't exist anymore, that he should die. Sasori has a special ability called telepathy. I am sorry for the excess chappies...Really Sorry! Sasori needs to convince Deidara that he does belong here on this Earth befo

Chapter 2 - Fly Away

Chapter 2 - Fly Away
My name is Sasori. I go to Sunaga Junior High. And obviously...I am from the Hidden Village of Sand. People say I have so much common sense...but is that true? I know I have a lot of freedom...and that makes Deidara jealous. Did I tell you about Deidara yet? Maybe I did. But I'll tell you again anyway. Deidara is a boy that also goes to Sunaga Junior High. But he is not from the Land of Sand. He is from the Land of Earth, and I know this because I have the same art period as he does. He models clay with those hands of his, and there is often a chewing sound filling the room. And whenever he puts too much or too little chakra into his work, it goes BANG! and its really annoying sometimes. But I know he is jealous of me, not because of my looks, not because of anything tangible. He is jealous of me because of my unlimited freedom that stretches to the very outskirts of the Sand village.
I used to think that I could not go on
And life was nothing but an awful song
But now I know the meaning of true love
I'm leaning on the everlasting arms
If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it
I am as free as a bird, while Deidara is as trapped as a caged lion. But it didn't always use to be this way. Before...when I was little...my mother would always need help around the house. Then she was sent away to fight some demon or other, and she never returned. But those were the days when I would sit on a hard wooden chair, sighing, and gazing out the window down to the street filled with children below. But then...when my mother didn't return, I was free, free from my bonds. And then I played along with the other kids, and in time, they accepted me as one of them.
I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
I thought I was going to die of boredom inside watching the other kids play ball outside. But I didn't...because my freedom came to me in the form of a bird. One day a bird landed on my windowsill and pecked at me. It didn't hurt, because this bird was just learning to fly and its beak wasn't too sharp yet. I smiled at it and held it in my hand then thrust it out the window sill. And it just hovered there for a minute or two, then dived downwards gracefully, then returned back to the window with an inquisitive look, as though asking me why I wasn't following. I just shook my head and it flew away. I never saw it again, but from that day I realized my fate was to fly like the bird, fly to freedom.
See I was on the verge of breaking down
Sometimes silence can seem so loud
There are miracles in life I must achieve
But first I know it starts inside of me
If I can see it, then I can be it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it
Cuz I believe in me
If I can see it, I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it
I may not have wings like the bird, so I may not be able to fly. But freedom is the same either way, and in a manner of speaking, I can "fly" to freedom, "fly" away from imprisonment, and be a normal person like all the others. But now that I am a normal person, I look up to that same window, and see Deidara there, taking my place. But unlike me, he has a fire in his eyes that I never had. The fire of imprisonment. I look up at him, trapped forever, his liberty limited to the confines of school and his building where he lives, an orphan, just another person looking down in the depths of time. But he is different. No matter how hard I try to drench this fire with reassuring smiles and words, it never dies, just flickers then keeps on burning. He may be different, but I am free.
Hey, if I just spread my wings
I can fly
I can fly
Check it out yea
If I just spread my wings
I can fly

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment