Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Spur of the Battle

When a mysterious man appears in Takahoma village, he causes mayhem. He seems to know everyone's desires and is incredibly powerful. It will take all Arth has to stop him from destroying Takahoma.

Chapter 1 - Spur of the Battle

Chapter 1 - Spur of the Battle


Chapter:1

Trachoma is a small fishing village that held no importance to anything. It was just irrelevant and that's all there's been to it. That's all there ever will be. Everyone thinks.

At the dusk of one normal day, a visitor. There has never been a visitor for two years.

“Why?” That is the question on everyone's mind. “Who is he”? Arth Bukkshair's father was one of the villagers' who was unhappy about this sudden change in the village's economic patterns.

“He probably doesn't have a care in the world about what will happen to this village. Cadok Fordread and me are going to tell him off tonight if he doesn't leave”.

They were sitting in the Bukkshair's living room as the fire spread a worm, soft glow around the room. Gorge, Arth's farther Kearian, Arth's mother Sarcia, Kerlink, and Arth. The last ones being Arth's sister and brother.

“Can I come too”? Asked Kerlink eagerly.

“ No, I don't want you to see this things could get…Difficult.” Gorge replied harshly.

“ May I come with you”? Asked Arth politely while casting steely glairs at his younger brother.

“ No, as I said before to Kerlink, things could get difficult”. Replied Gorge with just as much steeliness in his voice as when he told Kerlink.

“ You shouldn't be meddling in such matters anyway, both of you”! Scolded Kearian.

“ He is staying at the forest's edge, so it is a hour's journey anyway. I don't think you are up to it. I think it's about time for Sarcia and Kerlink to go to bed anyway, don't you think Kearian”? Gorge reasoned. Kearian agreed.

When Sarcia and Kerlink went to bed, Gorge whispered into Arth's ear: “Would you really want to come with me. You realize that things could get bloody don't you”?

“Why are we forcefully going to drive him out of town, when all he's done is camp”? Asked Arth.

“ He has stolen some of our best ships, nets, fish, pigs, chickens, cows, bread, cheese, and other village goods”.

Arth agreed and they set off.

It was a starry night and the moon was in a thin crescent. They passed underbrush that snagged at their breeches; witch came upon a cool, blue pond. It had growth all around it. Cadok and his eldest son were already there. Torchlight illuminated the area. Gorge had brought a sword and Cadok had brought an ax.

Cadok's eldest son (Kondala) nodded to Arth. Setting off and a brisk walk, they went into the underbrush. Arth took a deep breath. The night air was crisp and cool it was like a re-energizer. After an hour walk they came to the forest's border.

A lone tent was pitched and smoke drifted up from a dieing fire. The group silently walked up to the tent. Gorge drew his sword. As they advanced there was the tent pitched, nothing eerie about it. As they drew back the folds they found nothing in the tent.

“Hello Gents” A voice said from behind.




Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Clueless on June 16, 2006, 8:15:46 AM

Clueless on
CluelessYea i no. -_- It really stinks i really have done better. I hope to be an author