Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Rice?

A random story about me (yess!) and the Titans. It's a sort of replay of the Brotherhood of Evil stuff. Read only if you like random stuff.

Chapter 6 - Rice?

Chapter 6 - Rice?

 

Chappie the sixth ^-^

This 'tis now in second person! Or is it third? Oh well. I'm writing about the PERSON now. Keh heh heh!

 

"Who's turn is it to cook?" shouted Beast Boy from the living room, as Cyborg kicked his butt once again on the GSX. Emma looked up from cheering Cyborg on and noogieing the green boy.

"I think it's mine." She sauntered over to the kitchen and stuck the chef's hat on her head at a jaunty angle. Robin laughed, and as Emma started shouting out instructions in a heavy French accent, even Raven giggled.

"...And when ze chocolate haz melted ve add ze snailz..." She reached up to one of the cupboards and shifted various packets of food around inside. From deep in the cupboard her muffled voice continued. "...And zome leetle plaztic soldierz give it zat spicey tazte!" She paused, then giggled. "And for ze main ingrediant.... Beast Boys socks?!" She cried, dropping her accent suddenly, and bringing out a pair of socks.

All the Titans were in hysterics by that point, and Emma stood, hands on hips, looking at them with one eyebrow raised, a grin on her face.

"Seriously, BB... what were they doing in there?"

Beast Boy was rolling around on the floor, tears of laughter streaming down his face, but stopped just long enough to say, "Don't....kya ha ha! Know..... KYA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Whatever..." Emma turned on her heel a few times, as if deciding something, then turned upside-down and walked on her hands to the kitchen, backwards. Robin looked up.

"Uuuh.... Why are you walking backwards?" Emma looked up scornfully.

"So that I won't have to turn around to come BACK, obviously!" Robin watched her deftly reach up with one of her feet and flick the cupboard door open again. She leapt upright and took out a bag of rice. "Rice and nabe okay with you?"

"'Nabe'?"

"Hotpot."

"Sure."

 

A little while later, Emma was searching in one of the drawers. She shouted across the room to Cyborg. "Yo! Don't you guys have any chopsticks?"

Cyborg looked blank. "Chopsticks? Nope."

Emma shrugged. "Then I'll have to make my own." She ran off for about twenty minutes, and then came back with twelve short sticks, finely whittled down to an almost pointed end, where the end had been chopped off to make them flat at the bottom.

"Chopsticks," she explained at the quizzical looks, setting them out by each bowl of rice on the table. She looked round at everyone, and the quiet atmosphere seemed to stir her. She crept up behind Beast Boy.

"DINNER!!!" She yelled, sending him jumping upwards, screaming like a girl.

"DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He yelled, landing with a bump by the table.

Emma saw the looks of intrest at the chopsticks. "What? Never eaten with chopsticks before?" Starfire picked one up and looked at it.

"These look very like the Grishnars of my home world!"

Emma went over to Robin, and slipped his fingers expertly around a set of chopsticks. "Now pick up some rice and eat it." she ordered. Robin did so, a smile lighting up his face, obviously delighted with this new discovery. the other Titans followed suit, then Emma started, pleased that her cooking seemed to be acceptable.

"This is really delicious." Raven said.

"Yeah!" replied Cyborg, happily. "We should get Em to cook more often!" 

Emma felt happy. Almost happier than she had ever felt before. She was home.

 

Comments? 

 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment