Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Burning Star (Fullmetal Alchemist)

(Title = With These Words) A home for all my anime OC plot bunnies... I think it's time to put them down! Something happened that deleted all the story bodies, so it's a bit screwed up, but I'm replacing chapters as fast as I can!

Chapter 1 - Burning Star (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Chapter 1 - Burning Star (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Story 1

Burning Star - Konata



"You want the stone? Come get it!"

Those were the words that had started everything.

If not for that battle, Konata's heart might still be whole.

And all for the sake of a fake Philosopher's Stone. An empty dream, used carelessly and cruelly by the green-haired Homonculus.


---


"You..."

Edward Elric took a step back; watching Konata writhe in Envy's grasp, his hand firmly embedded in her loose purple hair, the hair grip long gone. He saw the cruel smirk of the first Homonculus as he shook the small Alchemist roughly, raising his purple eyes to meet Ed's.

"Would you like to know the truth, Edward?" He hissed.

"Do you want to know what Konata's been hiding from you?"

Ed took another step back in disbelief. "What are you talking about?!"

Envy's smirk widened slightly. "She's been decieving you, Ed." Ed growled at the abbreviation of his name. "And it was working. She was using you to her advantage."

Ed's eyes narrowed. That can't be right. She was always so sincere in anything she said! He's lying. I know he is.

"Of course," Envy paused, as if in thought, "You probably didn't suspect anything. Wasn't she just so sweet? So caring? Didn't she seem just a little too innocent in all of this?"

"That's bull. She's got nothing to do with this! She's only involved because of me!"

The Homonculus laughed cruelly. "You're wrong. You don't remember what led you to meet her for the first time?"

"A Homonculus attack..." Ed breathed. No... Envy's lying... Konata's not...

"Come over here." Ed shook his head.

Envy's eyes narrowed, and he jerked Konata sharply, making her squeak through clenched teeth. "Come over here."

Ed growled again as he slowly crossed the room to the Homonculus and the Alchemist.

"Good boy. Now, do you want to know the truth, or not?"

Ed was silent. He didn't know what to say. What could Konata be hiding that was so important? Could he bear to hurt Konata simply for the sake of knowing?

As if reading his mind, Envy spoke smoothly.

"Konata won't tell you. If you don't find out for yourself now, you won't have another chance."

Ed turned his eyes to meet purple.

"Okay."

Konata jerked, trying to pull herself away.

He's going to find out!!

---

"Use Alchemy." Envy instructed the younger boy. "It's quite a simple disguise trick she's used. You tried it yourself once."

A colouring trick?

Ed clapped his hands together softly, and placed them on Konata's forehead.

He saw an instant change.

The girl's skin instantly darkened a shade or so, giving her a soft tan, and the purple colour faded from her long hair, only to be replaced with a deep gold.

When Envy let go of her hair, she opened her eyes and looked up at Ed.

Gold met gold.

Ed instantly took a step back, not believing what he saw.

Konata looked almost exactly like him.

---

Envy stood back, smirking.

"You see now?"

Ed spoke quietly, his eyes never leaving Konata.

"Yeah."

Envy turned to leave. "I can see this worked out like I expected. See you around." He exited the abandoned ballroom. Ed didn't even try to stop him.

---

Konata pulled herself to her feet. "Ed, I--"

"Why?"

"I'm sorry."

"WHY? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!"

Konata took a step back, frightened by Ed's outburst.

"I... I wanted to protect you."

She had barely finished speaking when a hard hand skidded across her cheek.

"That's no reason." Ed said quietly, obviously struggling to contain his anger. "You mix in with me and Al, acting like you didn't even know us. You left us."

"Ed--"

"What was it, huh? Weren't we good enough for you? Didn't you want to be seen with an empty tin can and a kid with automail?!"

"No, I--"

"Did you show your face again when I became the Fullmetal Alchemist because it would benefit you?!"

"Ed--"

"You used us. You fooled us. You even got the Colonel to erase our memories of you using Alchemy, didn't you?! YOU LEFT US, JUST LIKE DAD DID! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE YOU EVER CARED AT ALL?!"

"EDWARD!"

Ed glared at Konata, but his eyes widened slightly when he saw her head in her hands, narrowing again abruptly as he shut away any compassion for the young State Alchemist.

Konata's head left her hands, and tears dripped down her face as she looked at Ed, her vision blurred.

"Ed... It wasn't like that. I left you and Al because I love you. Winry, too. I had to stay away unless the Homonculus found you; so I dropped my last name, and enrolled in the Military under Colonel Mustang. Then you joined, and I thought, if you didn't know it was me, maybe we could be friends."

"You can't expect me to believe that." Ed hissed.

"I don't. But it's the truth."

Ed glared at her, all emotion gone from his eyes, save for hate alone. Hate for the Alchemist, hate for the unfair and lonely life he ended up having.

But Konata's had been so much lonlier.

"You disgust me."

Ed turned and headed for the door, leaving the now blonde girl behind. He knew she wouldn't follow; not yet, anyway.

---

Konata smiled sadly as she watched the double doors closing. She took off her right glove and fingered the automail gently, tears once again welling up in her golden eyes, and landing on the intricate metalwork.

She had lost her brothers, and part of her soul.

The Burning Star Alchemist was silent for a long time, before she too got up to leave.

She wasn't quite sure when she had stopped crying.





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------CLEARINGSTUFFUP-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


TIME TO CLEAR STUFF UP. This is all mapped out in my head already, so there are probably a lot of details I've missed -.-'



-It really wasn't clear, but Edward and Alphonse ARE Konata's brothers.

-Yes, Konata does have automail, because she was involved in Trisha Elric's transmutation.

-Konata left shortly after Pinako fitted her and Ed with automail. She asked Mustang to erase Ed and Al's memories of her, using alchemy.

-She did this because she needed to go to Central with Mustang, and keep watch over them from there (two protogé kids running around in Central on their own? Not good. And if Konata appeared in Central at the same time, they risked target by the Homonculus, or anyone who had a grudge against Hohenheim).

-She stayed with Roy during her earlier time in Central, then moved to stay with Maes Hughes once she enrolled in the Military. Later, she was sent to stay (look after) the Elric brothers. Because Ed can't even make toast.

-Envy's plan at the beginning was to show Ed the truth, already knowing that it would break him mentally, and he, in turn, would break Konata's heart. Two for one. And he didn't even have to kill them. He's a masochist, y'know, so seeing them in mental pain satisfies him as much as seeing them in physical pain.

-Mustang and some others in the Military (such as Armstrong, Falman and Riza) know that Konata is an Elric. They were under strict instructions to keep the information from the Elric brothers.

-Edo got mad reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally quickly, and I'm planning to rewrite this sometime, so apologies if it's still a little rough.

-Konata always smiles. She's like Itsuki (see the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya). Seeing her cry is something very unusual, thus emphasised (was it emphasised?) in the story.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment