Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Price of Trust (Tokyo Mew Mew)

(Title = With These Words) A home for all my anime OC plot bunnies... I think it's time to put them down! Something happened that deleted all the story bodies, so it's a bit screwed up, but I'm replacing chapters as fast as I can!

Chapter 2 - The Price of Trust (Tokyo Mew Mew)

Chapter 2 - The Price of Trust (Tokyo Mew Mew)
Story 2

The Price of Trust - Anzu


Anzu looked on after Ichigo as the girl left the bridge. Their brief conversation had been... nice, despite the slightly hostile atmosphere. She turned her head to look out over the small river, smiling slightly as the golden-orange sunset shone on the still water.

Suddenly, she felt someone grab her arms from behind, holding them behind her back. She struggled violently, and the single pair of hands was joined by another. An angry voice brushed her ear.

"What the hell were you doing with Ichigo?!"

Anzu recognised the voice as Kish's. She turned her head to see both he and Pai holding tightly onto her arms.

"You're with them, aren't you?! The Mews?!"

"No!" She protested. "We were just talking!"

The aliens let go, then Kish turned her to face him.

"WHY?!" He shouted, amber eyes darkening. Anzu looked away.

"Ichigo-san is... nice." A swift slap to the face made her stumble back to grip the bridge railing, an angry red streak spreading across her cheek, looking up at a furious Pai.

The purple-haired alien turned to Kish and said something quietly. Kish appeared to dislike the statement, for he immediately pulled away and glared at Pai.

"No."

"It's no use. Anzu is showing signs of rebelliousness and disregard for our mission. If we don't let Deep Blue-sama know now, he will find out sooner or later, and it will be all the worse for us all."


---


"...And we also saw Anzu speaking with the pink Mew." Pai ended his list of suspicions about the younger alien, glancing over at Anzu, who was being held firmly in place by Kish. She was shaking in anger, her amber eyes narrowing as she glared back.

There was a short silence until the out-of-focus form of Deep Blue spoke.

"Pai, Kish, leave. I need to speak with Anzu alone."

Pai obediently turned and exited the room, dragging a reluctant Kish after him by the arm.

A few minutes later, the grand doors opened slightly and Anzu slipped out, walking past the two without a word. She headed towards the exit of the spaceship and stepped outside, a refreshing night breeze blowing her hair out behind her. A light rain was falling, but Anzu did not seem to care.

Kish looked on after her, a slightly confused look on his face. Pai took his arm gently, but Kish pulled away and followed the girl.


---


Anzu leapt up into the air and began to fly a little way, when she felt a hand take hold of her wrist, pulling her back down. Her head turned to see Kish standing on the ground below her, looking concerned.

"Anzu..."

Anzu turned and landed in front of Kish, rainwater trickling down her face. Kish's expression softened at the sight, instantly noticing the sections of her face and body which were bruised black.

Those hadn't been there before.

"Anzu, what's going on? You're hurt..."

Anzu looked away, avoiding eye contact with the green-haired alien.

"Anzu, look at me. What's going on?"

She lifted her head slowly, and her eyes bored straight into Kish's.

"I can't come back."

Kish's eyes widened. "What?!"

Anzu's whole expression changed. She turned on Kish sharply.

"I broke the bond with Deep Blue-sama, alright?! I can't fight with you any more - I won't! It's wrong! So I got beat up, does that make you happy?!"

"Anzu, what makes you think--"

"YOU TOLD DEEP BLUE-SAMA! AND BECAUSE OF THAT, HE..." Anzu fell silent, and Kish looked worried.

"What? He did what?"

Anzu fell to her knees.

"He used... He used the drug."

Kish's eyes widened as he dropped to his knees beside Anzu, enveloping her in his arms.

"Oh my god."

Anzu laughed dryly. "I'm dying, Kish. But I stopped fighting. I don't have to take sides any more. That's good."

Kish looked thoughtful. "Maybe you won't die. I think... I think I know a way we can save you!"

Her head shot up. "That's impossible! The drug--"

"--Is completely lethal to Cyniclons, I know." Kish finished, rainwater driping off his wet bangs. "But what if... What if you weren't entirely Cyniclon?"

"What are you talking about?"

"The Mew Mews. They're infused with animal DNA, right? Well... What if you were too?"

Anzu's eyes widened. "A Mew Mew?"

Kish nodded. "They have the resources, and the means to help you."




"Maybe... Just maybe, they could save your life."


-----------------------------------------^o^--------------------------------
---

Woooo... I really do have a masochistic streak, don't I? Maybe abusing my characters makes me feel better about my life (or something)...

Okay, to clarify some vague points covered in this story:

-The 'drug' is a lethal substance kept just in case any of the aliens lose their will to fight on Deep Blue's side.

-Yes, Anzu IS an alien, but after she gets saved by being injected with animal genes (Caspian tiger, actually ^^), she turns into a Mew Mew, which also, as a side effect, turns her human.

-Anzu DID fight with Deep Blue in the hall (or wherever the hell they keep him), which is how she got the bruises.

-I really don't imagine that Pai would use the Mew's names. Thus, Ichigo is referred to as 'the pink Mew'.


Hope that cleared stuff up. Comment and ask me anything you don't get! This is all worked out in my mind already, so there are probably a lot of details I've missed ^^'!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SasukeAndMomijiHaHa on October 7, 2008, 6:05:41 AM

SasukeAndMomijiHaHa on
SasukeAndMomijiHaHaOMG thts so good!!! i wish i could write like that! >.<

i really love it!