Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Sing that song to me...

Hey Everybody! If you like Tear and Haelo I suggest you read the story of how they came to be. I really hope you like it, but please read it. This is a Romance/Comedy/Drama story. YAYNESS I CANT BELIEVE I'M WRITING A STORY!!

Chapter 7 - Sing that song to me...

Chapter 7 - Sing that song to me...


Yayness here's chapter 7!



~TPOV~



I dropped the cereal box and ran out of the room and into Ben's. My heart was beating so fast, and I was beat red. If I stayed in there I might've hurt his feelings… And that was the LAST thing I wanted to do to Ben or Haelo…




I sat down on the bed and turned on the T.V. trying to get that conversation out of my mind. I turned the channel to music videos and “Sugar, We're Going Down” came on. I had never heard it before but it sounded cool. *Nick never let me watch the music videos I liked. He only let me watch the heavy metal music videos. But sometimes I got to watch mine when everyone was gone* I listened to the lyrics and quickly learned them. In the middle of the video, Ben started knocking on the door.




“Tear are you okay? He didn't mean to upset you
, it was just playing around. But I wasn't sure how to react.” I turned down the T.V. and let Ben in. “I'm sorry, Tear I just…”



“No, I'm sorry,” I laughed. “I locked you out of your own room, sorry. I'm pretty dumb. You invite a crazy, messed up girl into your home and she takes over your room. I'm not being a very good guest…” I looked up and him but he was still serious. My smile faded…




“I never thought you were crazy…my room is yours if you wish it to be…” He looked into my eyes and right then the music flowed through my mind… *
We `re going down, down in an earlier round (take aim at myself) And sugar we're going down swinging, (Take back what you said) I'll be your # 1 with a bullet, (Take aim at myself) A loaded God complex, cock it, and pull it…* He smiled and started singing with the lyrics as he passed me to go to his bed. His voice was actually pretty good. Almost exactly identical to the main singers voice… wow…Only I liked Ben's a bit more. At the very end while he was watching the music video, the last few words he made this cute gesture, as was sitting on the edge of his bed looking at the screen he did the following…



“A loaded God complex” He put his hand up in the shape of a gun,

“cock it,” he cocked his head to the side *so cute..* and winked one eye,

“and pull it” he acted as if he shot the screen. Then the song ended. And he stopped singing.



“Nice singing…Do you sing often, like in front of a crowd?” I walked over and sat with him on the bed. He looked over at me like he forgot I was there.




“Oh, sorry… that song rocks. Everytime I hear it, I just kinda tune everything out. What were you saying?”



“You're a good singer, I liked it. Are you in a band?” He smiled but still looked confused.




“I used to be in a band
in high school, but we broke up. So thanks for the compliment I guess…What about you, do you sing?” I quickly shook my head no. He laughed.



“I dunno, I like to sing to myself sometimes when I'm alone, but ive never really sung in front of someone…” He took my hand
and drug me into the bathroom. `What is he doing?' I was kind of scared to go in there with a guy alone, but I quickly shook off the feeling knowing it was Ben.



“Sing! People always sound good in the bathroom!” He looked enthusiastic for some weird reason. Why the he** did he want me to sing?



“Wha…no! I told I probably suck at singing Ben! Besides I only sing WITH music, and it has to be a song I like!” I walked out of the bathroom, and realized it was almost 1:00 and I was still in my P.J.s and didn't have anything else to wear but the rags I had before…




“Ben, excuse me.” Ben walked out of the bathroom disappointed.




“Yeah? Did you decide to sing?”
He said hopefully.



“Uh…no. Do you have any more clothes I could wear?” I pulled on my long green shirt. Pointing out what I was wearing and he looked at it.




“Oh yeah, your gonna need some new clothes huh? Would you like me to take you shopping?”
He asked.



“Uh…no. I can't… I mean.” I stuttered.



“No, I'll pay for you, what ever you like! What do you say?” He walked up to me and placed his hand on my shoulder and tilted his head. `
so cute… sweet ben…'



“Oh, no I couldn't ask that from you! Ben, I just wanted to know if you had another t-shirt could wear.” I turned my head to the opposite side of his hand and blushed. Why was he being so nice anyway… I mean sure Ben's great but still… I'm still just some weird girl, why should he waste his time on me?



He placed his other hand on my chin, and turned my head to face him. His thumb being on my chin and the rest of his hand curled up underneath it. I blushed furiously. “I insist! A girl needs a
wardrobe, homeless or not!” He didn't let go till I nodded my head and mouthed okay. I was breathless.



Ben threw me a t-shirt and some more pants but these ones were
shorts that went right under his knees on him and past my feet on me. It looked pretty cool though. I went into the bathroom and fixed my hair up. `I swear… Ben is like a saint. It was meant to be that I knocked on his door. I didn't even know guys like that EXSISTED. Not after Nick and his friends…' “Ready to go Tear? Haelo's gonna go too. I just need to take a shower, so when your done wait for me out there.



I walked out of the bathroom, and into the living room where Haelo was playing a video game. “You ready to go?” He asked me still glued to the screen. He looked like a little kid, getting so caught up in the game with a determined expression on his face. `Why do they both have to be cute?'



“Yeah… what game is that?” I walked over to him and sat next to him on the couch.



“It's Halo 2.” I just laughed. What a coincidence. “You wanna play?” He offered me his controller.




“Uh, no. I'm HORRIBLE at video games! But someone I knew used to play this game all the time.”
Haelo placed the controller in my hands and protested.



“Play.”
He restarted the game and proceeded to tell me the controls. I started to get the hang of it, and then some jerk killed me. >_< “You can kill him if you push these in order.” He took the controller out of my hand and showed me. I leaned over to look more closely and pointed at a button he never explained.



“What's this one do?” I looked up and him and he was quiet. He face was so close to mine. We stared at each
other for a couple seconds and then I scooted over. “Uh…sorry. I didn't mean to take up your space, um…” He just started laughing and handed me the controller.



“You don't always have to be sorry, if we keep having these weird moments might as well get used to it. ^_^ That button is called the start button, it directs you to a menu that…” We played the game until Ben came out ready to go.
It was fun too, I killed Haelo 3 times. But I think he let me, oh well.





We walked through the mall, Ben and Haelo randomly picking out shops. Except I never really got to pick out my own clothes because Ben and Haelo would find something they like and made me try it on, every time they both agreed it looked good on me. I didn't mind though, I actually liked the clothes they picked out for me. Nick did the same, only they were always slutty and small.
I got the following so far…



Hot Topic: 2 pairs of pants, a shirt, an arm band that said “I'm Cute, don't let it fool you” *Ben insisted* and some cool Converse.

Victoria secret: some underwear, a couple bras, and a some cute pajamas. *note: the guys let me go in here by myself. They refused to go in.^_^*

Aeropostale: Some jeans, some socks and jewelry.


Game Stop: Haelo bought me a game he thought I would like that we could all play together.

Kohls: A cute skirt, a hoodie, a hat, some perfume and a watch.

Clairs: Some jewelry, a hair kit,
some make up, and a cute picture frame. *I wanted to take a picture of me Haelo and Ben, so that if we ever split I could always keep them with me* Note: Once again, they didn't follow me inside.

Sunglass Hut: A pair of cool sunglasses.


Virgin: Some awesome CD's, a CD player with a radio, and a few movies.

Animal Kingdom: Haelo bought me a kitty *it was so cute, all white with with blue eyes and a bow* I named it Cloud. It reminded me of the sky with white and blue. Ben bought me a Bunny, all black with gold eyes. I named it Benny, Ben+Bunny=Benny! ^_^ We were going to pick them up after we were all done.

We also went to this cool place that sold Bean Bags and they had one that was so huge it served as a bed. It was so soft. I laid on it and praticly fell asleep, and both Ben and Haelo did the same. They both pitched in and bought me a bean bag. It was a deep purple and it was soft and fluffy. The sellers said that they would ship it to the house tonight.

Then we went to some shoe places and got me a pair of Etnies, more converse, a pair Phat Pharms, and some flip flops.

And after that we went to an art shop because I told them that one of my hobbies was drawing and painting. So they bought me some canvases, paper, paint, pencils, a coloring kit, and some cool art books.

J.C. Penny: They got me 2 bathing suits and a couple pairs of shorts.


Fry's Electronics:
Haelo bought me Photoshop so I could make cool digital pictures. Ben got a Karaoke machine for me because he wanted to hear me sing so bad, and I told him I played keyboard so he got me one of those as well.



If your wondering how they paid for it, Ben and Haelo both came from wealthy family, and turns out, member that band Ben was in? Well Haelo was in it as well, and they actually made it big for a while, but as he said the band broke up. Ben and Haelo still got interviews and stuff from MTV all the time. I was so shocked. I spent like an hour asking questions. People would come up asking for an auto graph here and there. They only made 2 hits but people still bought they're one CD. The weird thing is they produced their own Album. Finally they had to get me to shut up.



“Will you guys play me a song sometime?” I was all grins since I went to the mall, there was constanly people staring at us, and I kept hearing girls that passed me by say, “She's so lucky…” And I agreed. Sure my life sucked before, but how did it end up so good? With 2 hot guys, they were in a band, both were nice to me *even though there was that incident with Haelo…I'm sure he didn't mean it*, they just bought me all I'll ever need *all 3 of us had our arms full with bags*, I was invited to live with them, and there is no gross catch to it. At least I doubt it.



“Only if you sing for us.” The both said in unison and looked at me.



“Why do you
want me to sing for you anyway? I'm probably horrible.”



“Yeah, your right, you probably suck.” Haelo said plainly.




“Shut up.” I punched him with what I could considering my hands were full.




“So sing to us when we get home!” Ben said grinning.




“Okay… I guess it's the least I could do for getting me all this stuff… but don't be disappointed if I'm bad. Thank you again for doing this for me…”




“No problem, pretty girls don't knock on my door everyday.” I glanced at Ben, he was staring straight ahead with a smile on his face. I blushed and put my head down and stared at the floor as we walked to the food court.




“Not to mention, you guys still need to tell me how you met. I have no idea what-so-ever how you know each other.” Haelo added in right after Ben.



“Um…well…” I stuttered. I really didn't want to re-tell the story. Ben, save me!




“Don't worry about it, just be happy she's here.” Thank you Ben! Wait, happy I'm here… great, I'm nervous again. Stupid Ben…




“I am, I mean, never mind.” Haelo looked a little angry at Ben but he just tried to brush it off. At least he didn't protest.




We got to the food court to got some food. We all got pizza and sat down which was pretty hard because of all of the stuff. There was a pile of stuff around us. Sort of like a fence to all the people that came up to ask for an auto graph. Ben was nice and everything when it came to the fans, but Haelo just ignored them. Eating his food with a bored expression on his face. I giggled at his humor. All of a sudden a little girl came up to Haelo and tugged on h
is shirt. She must've only been 4 or 5. “Uh…Hay-wo. Will you sign dis for me pweese?” She gave him a picture of himself and he just pushed it out of the way.



“No.”
I looked at Haelo and frowned. “What?”



“Be nice to her, she's just a little girl and she admires you. Just sign her paper and make her happy.” Then I whipered the next part to him `Please, I don't want her to cry. And I know you don't want to either. Please… for me?' Haelo sighed and signed the little girls paper.



“Thank you Hay-wo! I wuv you.” She stood on her tiptoes to reach his cheek and kissed it. Then ran off saying “Looky mommy, look what I got!” waving the paper in her hand.




“See, you made her day. Thank you!” Haelo just smiled and replied,




“Yeah, guess I did. Are you gonna kiss me now?” He said arrogantly. I just laughed and told him no. Even though I
wanted to. I wouldn't get away with it if I tried. Ben was here anyway.



“Why must you be so mean to your fans Hay-wo?” Ben mocked. Haelo just punched him and went back to eating. “You know, someday, if we ever get big again, that little girl will get a lot of money for that signature when she needs it most. You may have just saved her life.” Ben said. Actually what he said made sence… Hmm… I need th
at picture of them with me…





~HPOV~




We arrived back at Ben's house about an hour later after Tear insisted we get her a video camera so that she can remember moments like these. I cant wait to see what she comes up with when the video is done. When we got inside Ben told me I could stay another night for helping him buy stuff for her, I wanted to anyway.
We set up her bed and put her little dresser next to her that we bought for her on the way home to put her clothes in. When she finished, Ben set up the Karaoke machine in the living room, Tear and I were on the couch with her 2 new pets. Me holding the bunny ,she was playing with the kitten. When he was done he asked Tear what song she wanted to sing and she told him “Breath (2 Am) By Anna Nalick.” Ben typed it into the karaoke machine and she stood up and picked up the mike. *By the way the karaoke machine that Ben bought was sort of like a computer that you could type in any somg you wanted and the words would pop up along with the singer in the backround along with the music that was a bit louder than the singer, it was expensive but worth it* She took a deep breath and the words began to be highlighted… She started to sing…in the most beautiful Voice I had ever heard…



2 AM and she calls me cause I'm still awake

Can you help me unravel my latest mistake?

I don't love him, winter just wasn't my season.

Yeah we walk through the doors so accusing their eyes

Like they have any right at all to criticize

Hypocrites, you're all here for the very same reason…





Cause you can't jump the track


We're like cars on a cable

and life's like an hourglass glued to the table,

No one can find the rewind button, girl

So cradle your head in your hands.

And breathe, just breathe, whoa breathe, just breathe…”





“Wow she's good…” Ben whispered in my ear.

“Yeah I know…”


“Do you think that she might be able,” Then I cut him off.

“Yeah…she can.”





May he turned 21 on the base of Fort Bliss

"Just a day," he said down to the flask in his fist

Ain't been sober since maybe October of last year

Here in town you can tell he's been down for while

But my God it's so beautiful when the boy smiles

Wanna hold him maybe I'll just sing about it





“Will she agree to it?” Ben continued.

“Why wouldn't she, plus once we tell her how good she is…”

“Yeah…she rocks.” Ben had this odd look on his face…like he was out of it.





Cause you can't jump the track

We're like cars on a cable

And life's like an hourglass glued to the table,

No one can find the rewind button, boys

so cradle your head in your hands

And breathe, just breathe, whoa breath just breathe





“She could play the key board, and sing as well.” I pointed out.


“Just wait till Jason and Kay see her, they'll be mad they left and
beg .” Ben grinned. The band broke up because they thought they were too good for us and ran off for their own career. Turns out they were a wreck when they left. They were missing the most important thing…a good singer. They were always so caught up in having their own solo in the song that everyone fought. When they came back to start a new album, Ben and I had already called it quits.



There's a light at each end of this tunnel


You shout cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out

And these mistakes you've made


You'll just make them again if you'll only try turnin' around



“She could get some money this way, and live on her own!” I whispered back excited. But Ben's expression changed.

“…Maybe we shouldn't do this…” What? Why? Oh…I know…

“Look she may still live with you I don't know, but honestly she might want to.” Ben's expression was still grim… But I dropped the subject because the song quieted and Tears voice raised up…



2 AM and I'm still awake writing this song


If I get it all down on paper it's no longer inside of me

Threatening the life it belongs to.

And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd

Cause these words are my diary screamin' out aloud

And I know that you'll use them however you want to.



But you can't jump the track


We're like cars on a cable

And life's like an hourglass glued to the table,

No one can find the rewind button now

Sing it if you understand, yeah breathe

Just breathe, oh oh breathe, just breathe, oh breathe,

just breathe, oh breathe, just breathe….





The song ended and both of us stood up and clapped. “Your fantastic Tear!” Ben said happily.




“Yeah, you rock!” I went up to her and shook her hand…but her back was still facing us. Ben walked up and put his hand on her shoulder and turned her around. She was crying. But I didn't lash out. I just wanted to hug her but I didn't know why. I sat back down on the couch and watched.



“Tear, why are you crying? What's wrong?” Ben was freaking and she was staring blankly at him letting tears fall like a flood.



“I haven't sung in such a long time… And that song was beautiful, the tears just came down. I didn't even know I was crying till you told me how good I was. Sorry for bei
ng such a baby.” He looked at her closely and then smiled.



“I know the perfect song to sing. And I love this one too.” He ran up to the karaoke machine and typed something in. The song popped up… it was called “Absolutely (Story Of A Girl)”
. I immediately smiled. It only took the first sentence for her to figure out why. And she smiled as well… Omg, was this song perfect…



This is the story of a girl
Who cried a river and drowned the whole world
And while she looked so sad in photographs
I absolutely love her,
when she smiles





“This song was written for you…”
I whispered into her ear. I didn't want to disrupt.

“What do you mean?” She cant see it? Its all about her! From crying, to Ben loving her. Its awesome.


“You cant see it?”

“Wha,” I put my finger to my lips. I wanted her to listen.



How many days in the year
She woke up with hope, but she only found tears
Actin' so insincere

Making the promises never for real
As long as she stands there wait
ing
Wearing the holes in soles of her shoes
How many days dissapear
You look in the mirror so how do you choose




Your clothes never wear as well the next day
And your hair never falls out quite the same way
You never seem to run out of things to say




“Listen Tear, and try to relate them to you.” I insisted that she heard it.

“O.K. but I don't think..”

“For Ben?” She giggled and replied,

“Only if you tell me what it means as we go along, his voice is so good I'm not listening to the lyrics.” She smiled at me, and I nodded my head.





This is the story of a girl “Her name is Tear.” I whispered into her ear.
Who cried a river and drowned the whole world “She just cant stop crying.”
And while she looked so sad in photographs “Can I get her to smile?”
I absolutely love her, “He absolutely loves you.” when she smiles “When you smile…”



~TPOV~



OMG! I was about to sink into my seat. I was so flushed. “What?” I mumbled.


“I'll leave you to figure out the rest… cuz by the way… if you cant see that yourself, no offence but, you're an idiot.” Why cant you see that I'm after you? Idiot. But Ben is…



I couldn't pay attention to the lyrics I was so caught up in what Haelo said to me. I just stared at Ben as he sang it for me. He was amazing. He looked back at me every now and then and I always had the same dumb expression on my face… dazed… Soon it got to the end of the song and I listened once more…






This is the story of a girl `Of me?'
Who's pretty face she hid from the world `Pretty?'
And while she looked so sad and lonely there `Sad and lonely pretty much does sum me up…'
I absolutely love her `Loves me..'



This is the story of a girl, `This is a story of Tear'
Who cried a river and drowned the whole world. `She cries'
And while she looked so sad in photographs, `He wants to make her smile?'
I absolutely love her, when she smiles. `He loves it …when I smile…'



The song ended and…





Ok! That's the end of chapter 7! Hope you liked it! Please comment… it took me forever to write it. Now for 8. Sorry for the cliff hanger but I have to keep my readers interested and wanting more!



COMO













Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

BrAinFreeZe on January 1, 2006, 9:00:45 AM

BrAinFreeZe on
BrAinFreeZegood song choices btw...but dang the part where he wispers in her ear i absolutly love her when she smiles I blushed and I'm NOT Even In The STory >.< wow im stupid...This is really getting good!

pinktiger300 on July 21, 2005, 11:37:46 AM

pinktiger300 on
pinktiger300I LUV THIS CHAP! MUST READ more! YOU HAV TA DO MORE!

Liedetector16 on July 21, 2005, 4:01:34 AM

Liedetector16 on
Liedetector16*GASP* LONG CHAPTER!!! GOODNESS!
I liked it. I did. it had a good start, great ending! ^ ^ I especially liked the part with the singing, going back and forth from singer to audience. that I could TOTALLY picture in my head, no prob at all.
I do have a few suggestions. I know, all the good stuff and then dump you with the critisism. I'm sorry, but if you liked it last time... you get the idear.
Ok, first of all, the stuff you put in * *, really that wasn't neccissary (I've never been able to spell that word). sometimes it's ok to put stuff in () but I would do that only when you HAVE GOT TO! Stuff like that takes the reader away from the present scene going on. It's still ok to put the little detail in - they make for a good story - but you can leave out the * *.
Another thing: sometimes (I didn't see it a lot) you'd change tenses. The story is written in past tense, right? As in, it happened already. But sometimes you go into present tense, as in "it's happening now!" (I'm sure you know what tenses are ^ ^ Sorry I didn't mean to make to say that I think you didn't.) Just for example: right before ~HPOV~ it says, "I need that picture of them with me..." Now if that were a thought of Tear's it might fit but in that case you would have to let the reader know she was thinking it, maybe by italisising it. But if you wanted to simply state it, to keep the same tense it would have to be "I needed that picture of them with me..." or "I had to have that picture of them with me..." You see the difference?
I'm so picky! I'm sorry! I make the same sort of mistakes all the time! And I don't want to go into the last point but I will if it'll help. And if not, well, you can come flame me! ^ ^
Right before you started describing what you got in which place (which I also liked!) you put, "I got the following so far..." Well that's similar to what I told you the very first time I commented on your story: addressing the reader is a big-time no-no. This is addressing the reader, even though it doesn't really sound like it as much as, "Well reader, I got the following so far..." This is also present tense. And (even though everything you put next was really in list form) it makes is sound like they're about to read a grocery list or something. To lead into the "list" better, you could put something like, "They boys got me so much stuff, most of which I never thought I'd ever see again!"
I'm not a very good critic and I know it's annoying. I don't like my work being critisized, but if it'll make me a better writer, I say "BRING ON YOUR WORST OR TELL ME ABOUT MINE!" ^ ^ I hope all my mumbo jumbo made some sense.
Great writing! I'm realy into the story! Can't wait to read the next chapter!!!

forbidden_child on July 20, 2005, 6:27:53 AM

forbidden_child on
forbidden_childI think the song really does describe Tear it's scary (in a good way) I can't wait till the next chapter and thanx for keeping me posted on when u put a new one up! This story rocks!!! ^^

Como on July 19, 2005, 3:43:39 PM

Como on
ComoFor the song "Sugar We're going Down"

http://cdzinc.com/K/32/rock/E_H/falloutboy.html

Como on July 19, 2005, 3:42:31 PM

Como on
ComoBy the way here are the link to which you can download the songs in this chapter and listen to them for free! Here is the song Breath....
http://cdzinc.com/K/32/rock/M_R/nalickanna.html

For the song "Sugar We're going Down"

http://cdzinc.com/K/32/rock/E_H/falloutboy.html

For the song Absolutely (Story of a girl)

http://cdzinc.com/K/32/rock/M_R/ninedays.html

Hoped you liked the new chapter!