Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Memories Not Worth Living...

Hey Everybody! If you like Tear and Haelo I suggest you read the story of how they came to be. I really hope you like it, but please read it. This is a Romance/Comedy/Drama story. YAYNESS I CANT BELIEVE I'M WRITING A STORY!!

Chapter 9 - Memories Not Worth Living...

Chapter 9 - Memories Not Worth Living...


CAUTION: This chapter starts in the same place as last chapter, just in Haelo's Point of Veiw.



~HPOV~



All of a sudden Tear just bursted into tears and ran into Ben's room. Ben immediately turned around and got a troubled look on his face and walked up to the door and stood there, just staring at the blanket she was under. I got up and strode over to where he was standing and whispered into his ear. “So, do you love her?”



“Uh…yeah. I do.” He looked at me with a grim smile. I patted his shoulder and tried to hold in my jealousy… Yeah…I didn't want to admit it but, I was hella jealous. Every moment I spent with her made me angrier knowing that she liked Ben more…



“Tell her Ben, before…I beat you to it.” He glanced over at me and I was just staring straight ahead at her bed now. We had already talked about our feelings toward her before. When we were at the mall and she went into stores and we stayed behind, Ben brought it up…



Flash Back…



Tear walked into Claires, so Ben and I stayed outside. For a few minuets we just watched the people pass us, both of us… thinking the same thing.



“Haelo, I think I love her, but I think you do as well… so please don't tell me a lie. Do you love her?” He knew me well, he could tell. I've never even spoke to girls and let alone laugh with one before… Wait, I take that back…There was ONE. But I didn't want to remember HER… I thought about it for a second and looked over at Ben who was still watching people walk by. Then I glanced inside the store and looked at her. I had nothing to hide from him, might as well tell him.



“Yeah.” Not much more to say, so why try. Ben was used to my simple answers. The longer I dwelled on a subject like this, the more uncomfortable I got. “But don't worry Ben; she likes you more than me anyway…” Ben was silent after that and just stared ahead. I felt worse for him than for me anyway. I know he deserves her more than me, and I'm just making it difficult. This was the first girl Ben had ever loved, and he didn't want to lose her. Except…



Neither did I…



End of flash back…



After that Ben walked in and shut the door. I stood there for a moment, staring at the door. They were whispering so I couldn't make out the words. I walked over to the couch and laid back… my hands ran through my hair and down my face. My old girlfriend popped into my brain… I didn't remember much of her, but I tried not to anyway… my brain had already subconsciously blocked most of it… I only had one memory of her… Her last words…



Flash back…



I walked down the sidewalk heading towards the park with flowers in my hand… We met there everyday… And I always gave her flowers, white roses…her favorite. I sat down on the swings and stared off into the distance, waiting for her smile.



My eyes caught some movement and I stood up and sure enough, seconds later I was in her embrace with the faint smell of her sweet perfume. She had the most beautiful long, wavy, purple hair and eyes so bright of blue they were silver… She looked so beautiful with the cherry blossoms in bloom as I stared at her in awe when she wasn't looking. This park was covered in tall grass and Cherry Blossom Trees.



When we pulled apart she gave me another smile that made me look away. I was always scared one day I wouldn't see that smile anymore, for some reason her smiles made me want her more.



She grabbed my hand and led me back to the swings where she sat in my lap as I held her, swinging back and forth in silence… “Sing to me Haelo...” She always asked that when something was wrong, it made her feel better.



“For you…what song?” I whispered in her ear and she tilted her head back so it lay on my shoulder… I smelled her perfume once more.



“Anything, as long as you mean it…” She wanted me to sing a song about her. She was probably having trouble with her dad again. Her mom died when she was little and her dad was a drunkard. Sometimes he would come home and hit her, that's when she started coming here. To this park… She would stay here until she knew it would be late enough for her father to be home and sleeping. This was sometimes about 4 in the morning depending on when he got home from the bar. One day I got so stressed I came here to relax and saw her there… Swinging back and forth…Back and Forth… Watching her… she never noticed me, so I went over and sat next to her. From then on we met each other here, every night, for the past 6 months.



“Ok…” I rested my head on her shoulder with her head tilted back and tears rolled down her cheeks, falling into my hair. “Desperate for changing… starving for truth… I'm closer to were I started… In chasing after you…I'm falling even more in love with you, letting go of all I've held onto. I'm standing here until you make me move. I'm Hanging by a Moment Here with you…” She loved that song. So did I.



“Thank you…” Her voice was soft and shaky. I began to wonder just what was bothering her.



“……I want to hear you…” She knew what I meant and she began to sob hard. I grew frantic and I got off the swing, picked her up, and sat down in the grass that went over our heads. She kept crying harder and harder as I held her waiting for her to calm down but I grew impatient. “Is it… your father?” She kept shaking her head no over and over and I put my hand on her face turning it towards me. “What is it?” She looked deep into my eyes and her silver ones cut into mine.



“He wants to…he knows that… he'll kill you…” All at once I filled in her blanks… I knew her too well. He wants to kill her, He knows that she's been here with me, and he'll kill me as well.



Let's go. I can't let that happen to us! We'll run out to my apartment and live somewhere new and…” Her grip tightened. I looked down and she was staring at the floor with despair on her face.



“No, he's going to kill us as soon as we leave the park… I didn't want to come here Haelo, I didn't. But he said that he would kill you on the spot if I wasn't here. And I…” She choked on her tears. “And I couldn't do that, at least we would die together, at least we would say goodbye. At least I could say that I…that I…” I kissed her for the first time, firm and deep. She did this for me… She wanted to DIE with me. I knew we couldn't get out of this. When we parted I held her body against my chest and she cried into my shirt.



“That I love you…” I spoke softly as she shook hard in my arms. A strong wind came and I shivered. Suddenly I got the strongest determination I had ever felt in my life, I picked her up once more, and ran…As fast as I could. She never did tell me where she lived, so I ran trying to avoid all the houses I saw. There was a gunshot and I felt my shoulder rip in pain… I held her tighter. And my arm bled heavily.



She scrambled in my arms and I dropped her. My arm was so weak and I cursed as I ran back for her. But just as I was about to reach her, I heard another gun shot and my eyes grew wide in despair. She was falling forwards, into my body and I saw a gunshot in the side of her back, where her heart was… Tears instantly rolled down my face as I knelt down beside her with a street light on her pale face. I heard a thunder crack and seconds later it started to rain. Her face turned towards mine and she smiled. “Haelo… this is even better… You don't have to die; I'll die for you… I love you more than you could know… Haelo… Goodbye…”



“No! Stay alive! I will take you to safety and you won't live like this any more!” She put her hand to my face and caressed my cheek.



“I die for you…and only you… and I did this because… I…” She coughed hard and blood came out. She looked at me one last time with horror in her eyes, and she mouthed the words… “I love you” And her eyes went blank and her hand fell from my face.



End Of Flash Back…



For some reason whoever shot the gun, never killed me. But wanted me to feel pain worse than death. I couldn't remember her name. But I never tried to. That painful memory always stuck in the back of my mind. For 3 years. It hadn't been very long; it still felt like it just happened.



I got up and turned on the song “Unwell.” Trying to get her out of my mind, and back on Tear instead… It was actually more comforting to think about her, whither it hurt or not.



The door opened and Tear stood there with a smile on her face. A sad one but nonetheless a smile. I pretended I didn't know what probably just happened with her and began to sing the words to the song…



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Yeah… That chapter was kinda intense… but you guys have to know why he is so down all the time. T_T Hope you liked it though and please comment. I'm sorry about it being a repeat but I didn't get to put Haelo's P.O.V in the last one. SO…Yeah.

COMO


Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Liedetector16 on July 29, 2005, 9:48:16 AM

Liedetector16 on
Liedetector16You're right. That was intense. I admire the characteristics you gave to the girl. It's funny how you can admire a character when you don't know hardly anything about them. Plus, they're not even real! Great chapter! I await the next!!!!

forbidden_child on July 26, 2005, 8:22:30 AM

forbidden_child on
forbidden_childThat was so sad *cries* poor Haelo and his girlfriend whatever her name was. This was intense and totally explains why Haelo is the way he is. I love this story and can't wait for the next chapter. ^^