Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Temple

When Sonic stumbles onto an old Temple, he finds himself trapped and possesed by an old enemy. Can Knux, Tails, and Amy realize Sonic NOT really Sonic or will Sonic lead his friends to their doom? Guess you'll have to read it to find out!!

Chapter 2 - The Temple

Chapter 2 - The Temple


Amy fumbles around with the communicator Tails gave her.



Tails: Amy? Did you guys find anything? What's wrong?



Amy: (in a panic) It's Sonic! He fell through a crevice in this cave and I can't get him to answer me! What do I do?!



Tails: Hang on Amy, we'll be right there!! Keep yelling for him just in case he hears you!



Amy nods her head and flicks off the communicator as she yells down the crevice for Sonic.



………………………………………………………………………………………………







Sonic: …………..uhhh……….what the….where am I…………..?



Sonic gets up slowly as he looks around him. A sharp pain runs through his back as he stands up.



Sonic: (grimacing) Guess Amy was right about running around in the dark…….(notices that he's in some sort of tunnel) Geez, it's dark in here.



Sonic looks up from where he fell. He takes a few steps back, preparing to run up a wall. As he takes the first few steps, the sharp pain in his back returns and he slows down immediately.



Sonic: Damn, guess I'm gonna have to lay off running for a while. (sighs and looks up) Guess I'll have to find another way…



He starts to make his way down the tunnel. After a while, he notices a light coming from the end and a voice that seems to be getting louder. He recognizes it as Amy's.



…………..Sonic!!………….Sonic?!…………..



Sonic: (relieved) Amy?! Amy!! I'm coming!!



Sonic starts to run at a slower speed to keep the pain from coming back. The tunnel starts to get wider and wider and carvings begin to appear on the wall. Sonic notices that he walking on some sort of stone floor and tunnel stops at the entrance of a temple. Sonic stops, hesitating, at the looks of the dark temple.



Sonic: (chills) I'm not liking the looks of this…….(looks around) Now, where is she……?



………….Sonic?!……………Sonic!!!………………



Sonic: (yelling) Amy?! Where are you?!



………..Sonic!!…………………..SONIC!!………………..



Sonic notices the voice seems to be coming from inside the temple. He walks to the entrance and opens the door. As the door squeaks open, he notices the almost sinister darkness hanging in it. As he walks through it, it swings shut behind him.



Sonic: *thinking* Now why would Amy be in here?!



Sonic looks at the ruins as he listens for Amy's voice. Suddenly, everything goes dark inside and he stops, looking wildly around him.



………Sonic………………..Sonic…………….Sonic……………



Sonic: Amy?! Are you in here?!



He hears chuckles and giggles from the darkness around him. As he tenses up, an odd, blue light seems to be coming toward him.



Sonic:(surprised) Amy?! Is…..that you?!



No……….it's not,…….Sonic…….hehehe……….



Sonic steps back, trying to remember where he heard that voice. Several other blue, ghostly lights start to appear around him.



Sonic: (chills) It…it…can't be…….



King Boo appears in front of Sonic as several of his followers do the same. Sonic tenses up, feeling chills go up and down his spine.



King Boo: Ha!…. It's..been..awhile…hasn't ..it,…Sonic?……



Sonic: (grins) What are you freaks doing here?



King Boo: Don't..you..remember?….we…were…banished…to…darkness….(grins). And…all…because…of…you…



Sonic notices the ghosts making a circle around him. He decides that he'd better go.



Sonic: (still grinning) Love to stay and chat, but I think I'd better split. (starts to head out)



King Boo: Oh…I..think…you..should…stay….(grins evilly)



Sonic: (prepares to run) Nahh, that's alright, I'd think I'd better go. See ya lada!!



Sonic makes a dash for the doors as the ghosts fling themselves at him. Sonic dodges three and prepares to ram the old, temple doors. He almost makes it when a long ghostly hand reaches out and grabs his back foot. As Sonic slams on to the floor, the intense pain from his back fires back up as he tries to push the door open. More hands grab onto him. He feels himself pulled away from the door. As he turns around and tries to fight off the ghosts, more and more hold on to him, holding him still as King Boo chuckles at the sight.



King Boo: No,….I….insist…you….stay…..(chuckles)



The ghosts drag Sonic into the darkness of the temple.



………………………………………………………………………………………………







Knuckles: How long has he been down there?



Amy: (worried) I-I don't know….I haven't heard anything from him….



Tails:(turning on the flashlight) Amy, you stay here incase he does show up. Knuckles and I are going to see if he's still down there. Make sure you keep your communicator on just incase….



Knuckles gives him a nod as Tails starts to fly carefully down the crevice. Knuckles latches on to one of the sides and starts to make his way down. Amy watches the two disappear from sight.



Amy: *thinking* Sonic, I hope you're okay……



………………………………………………………………………………………………





King Boo: Hah..(chuckles) …your..friends…I..can…sense… them…heading…this… way….



King Boo looks at Sonic with amusement as he continues to struggle against bonds holding him against the wall.



King Boo: Those….are…plasmic…bonds….impossible…for…the…living….to …break….Sonic….



Sonic: (grins) With the party you've got goin on here, I didn't wanna go anyway….



King Boo: (slides over)…Cocky….aren't….you…..(chuckles)….now….for…a…little …fun…



Sonic notices the ghost's raised excitement as King Boo looks on eagerly.



King Boo: Now….for…our…little….game….with….you….Sonic….….You see….being….banished…here….has….left….us….impatient………….Separated…from…the…outside….world…….we….can't…..go…..there….on….our….own…like…we..did…that….time….in…..the…..old….castle………………..But….due…to…..the….time….here……we….have…..found……a…..way…..(ghosts laugh)



Sonic:(sarcastic) Oh, really, even in the sunlight?!



King Boo and the others laugh as Sonic realizes what their real purpose was with him.



King Boo:(evilly) Yes….Sonic…..even….when….the….wretched…sun….is…out…. (chuckles)Now….I'd….take…a….good….look….around….Sonic…...this…will….be….the….last….time….YOU….see….and….think…..on…..your….own……(chuckles) Your….friends…..will….be….happy….to…see….you………or…..who….they….think….is….YOU!…..



Sonic fights harder against the bonds holding him to the temple wall.



Sonic: (coldly) You son of a dog…….If you hurt them…….



King Boo comes face to face with him as Sonic can feel him seep in his body. The bonds on the wall release Sonic as he falls to the ground in agony. Sonic fights for control of his body and thoughts. A wave of dizziness comes over him as he can hear a voice in his head.



King Boo: (inside him)..Don't….worry….they…..will….all…..end….up….like… you….after….you….get….done….bringing…..them….here……



Sonic:(inside) NO!!!! GET OUT!!!!UHHHGGHH!!!



Sonic rolls around on the temple floor kicking and yelling. Suddenly, all is silent as Sonic remains motionless for a few minutes. Smiling, he gets up and walks out the temple doors, his normally green eyes an icy light blue……..



………………………………………………………………………………………………





Knuckles: What the hell is this doing here? (staring at the temple)

Tails: (to Knux) Do you think he might have went in there? Wait, the door's opening!?



Knuckles: SONIC?!



Sonic slowly walks down from the door to them. Tails gives a sigh of relief.



Tails: Why were you in there? We were looking all over for you!



Sonic: (calmly) Sorry, guys, just got a little side-tracked…..



Knuckles: (looks around) I'm not liking the looks of this place….it almost feels..



Sonic: (grins) Haunted?



Knuckles is a little shocked at the eerie grin as Tails motions for them to go.



Tails: Alright, let's get out of here. (flicks on the communicator) Amy? Okay, we're coming. We found Sonic.



Tails and Knuckles start to walk away with Sonic, silently grinning behind them.



………………………………………………………………………………………………





Amy: SONIC!! (running to him) Are you okay?!



Sonic takes a step back as Amy hugs him tightly. His icy blue eyes look at her nervously as he attempts to hug her back.



Sonic:(looking for words) Umm….Amy, yeah, I missed you too….*thinking* So was this his girlfriend?*



Amy: (looks up at him) Really? (blushes) Oh Sonic, I…(stops)…..Sonic, why are you so cold? Was it cold down there or something? You're freezing!



Knuckles: By the looks of that place down there, it was enough to give anyone chills!



Sonic:(letting go of Amy) Um, shouldn't we be heading back?



Tails: Yeah let's go….The X tornado right where the entrance is. Let's go.



Tails and Sonic start to walk off. Knuckles notices Amy in a daze.



Knuckles: What's the matter?



Amy:(breaks her trance) Oh, it's nothing….let's get out of here.

As Knuckles shrugs and catches up with Sonic and Tails, Amy notices she's shivering.



Amy: *thinking* He was so cold….almost like ice….and those eyes,…. I don't remember them being such a pale color, almost like a ghosts…….



Tails: (yelling back) AMY!! You coming?!



Amy: (starts to run to them) Sorry!! I'm coming!!



They get in the X Tornado and leave the old temple like mountain.









Soooooo, what do ya guys think? Will they figure out that Sonic's NOT Sonic? Tehe! =) Guess you'll have to find out!! (By the way, I'd love to have comments so I know what yall think!!) See at Chapter 3!!
































Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

DaWolff on April 28, 2006, 3:31:06 AM

DaWolff on
DaWolffcool chappy :D

but i must have mist something... who is this BOO? :/

Cowgirl10 on April 27, 2006, 1:01:24 AM

Cowgirl10 on
Cowgirl10Tehe!! (giggles) That's funny, I've never thought of that before! He DOES look like a toilet! I will never look at a toilet the same way again!!

darkness42 on April 26, 2006, 7:17:07 AM

darkness42 on
darkness42Oh, i can't wait for the next chapter!! my friend kate and i waould call king boo king tolet cause he kinda looks like one!! beware the haunted toilet!! hahahaha hey u can use that if you want!