Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - So, you woke up.....

When Amy runs away for good, Sonic is desperate to find her. He searches high and low, in hopes of finding her and finally telling her how he feels. Will he ever find Amy? Or more importanly, will Amy ever forgive him for what he's done?

Chapter 8 - So, you woke up.....

Chapter 8 - So, you woke up.....
Okay, let’s see if I can finally finish what I started ‘bout a year ago….

Hmmmm, now, where was I
?


………………………………………………………………………………………………

Sonic

Sonic

Sonic, may you find who you are looking for………..

A steady thunder clap vibrated the cold, dark sidewalk as tiny droplets of rain continue their furious decent on the limp form of the blue hedgehog.

Sonic, …..may you find who you are looking for………

As lighting flashes across the sky, the right hand glove clenches tight into a fist. A blood congested cough is heard. Images of Amy in tears run through his head.

Sonic,....may you….may you find who you are looking for….

Amy, I…..didn’t mean…..I

Sonic, I’m sorry I’m not the one you are looking for….

Slowly opening his green eyes, a familiar throbbing pain greets him, reminding him that he is alive for the time being. Grimacing and holding his side tenderly, he shakily tries to stand. His knee gives out, as he falls back down on the sidewalk, feeling himself roll over on his back. Staring up at the angry night sky, he slowly remembers the events of the night.

Sonic: (almost in a trance) It always seems like…..when she’s right in front me… ..she…she…. just slips through my hands….(coughs and looks around) He must have…. taken her, but where’s…..Shadow?

Planting his feet firmly on the ground, he slowly stands up, inch by inch.

Sonic: (thinking) No, he couldn’t have….he couldn’t have killed Shadow….

Carefully, he puts one foot out and puts his full weight on it, testing his legs. He repeats the movement with the other foot, until satisfied nothing is yet broken in his legs.

Sonic: (slightly grins) Ripped to pieces, but not broken….just my luck.

So, you woke up

Sonic jerks around to see Shadow slowly emerge from the dark alley, slightly limping.

Sonic: (surprised) Shadow…..what….what happened…?

Shadow: (leaning against the wall) What do you mean “what happened”, you idiot?! After he took care of me or thought he did, he clocked you and took the girl. (slowly rotates his right shoulder) You’ve been out for a least an hour now.

Sonic: (angry) And you didn’t follow him?! Damnit Shadow! (slams his fist on the wall)

Shadow: (eyes flashing) First off, what would I have frack’n done if I DID catch him?! Second, I don’t even think I can frack’n RUN to begin with! Third, I don’t even know why I got frack’n involved in the first place!? And fourth, I had to stay and make sure your dumbass wasn’t frack’n dead!!

Shadow stands right up to Sonic’s face, locking eyes with him.

Shadow: Do you understand now, Sonic, or do I have to frack’n explain—

Sonic: (sighs) Yeah, yeah don’t waste your breath…(walks off)

Shadow: (arms crossed) Where do you think you’re going? To go get yourself killed?

Sonic freezes, and slowly turns around.

Sonic: I’m not asking for your help or your opinion Shadow. (turns back around) I’m better off without them.

Sonic speeds off, as wet newspapers and cans stir up along the street. Shadow shakes his head and mutters something as the rain suddenly stops. Looking up, the clouds slowly start to reveal a full moon. Shadow grins, clicking off the two rings on his wrists.

Shadow: (with humor in his voice) Don’t get me wrong Sonic, I’m not doing this for you or your girlfriend. (holds out a chaos emerald) I'm just returning the favor to a new found friend of ours…. (shouting) CHAOS CONTROL!!

A green flash of light appears as Shadow disappears from view.

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Cowgirl10 on January 6, 2008, 2:44:45 AM

Cowgirl10 on
Cowgirl10I know it's short, but I'm trying a new style to write the chapters in.

It looks a 100 percent cleaner this way and the words aren't jumbled together!! Woohoo!!