Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - A Win/Win situtation for a Doctor

When Amy runs away for good, Sonic is desperate to find her. He searches high and low, in hopes of finding her and finally telling her how he feels. Will he ever find Amy? Or more importanly, will Amy ever forgive him for what he's done?

Chapter 9 - A Win/Win situtation for a Doctor

Chapter 9 - A Win/Win situtation for a Doctor
Okay, here we go again……


………………………………………………………………………………………………


Hidden in the icy mountains, an enormous looming building lies surrounded on all sides with search towers and out posts. As a large, grey sky hung over head, a sharp motion through the trees is seen. As a searchlight starts to slowly turn towards the disturbance, a blue blur speeds across underneath it, remaining out of sight….

……………………………………………………………………………………………..

What is he up to now…..”
Scratching his chin, the demented scientist eyes scan the impressive screen before him.

Doctor, their has been a disturbance detected—“

Do you honestly think I do not already know that you useless piece of junk?!”

Whirling around in his chair, Dr. Eggman stands up and walks over to an empty holding cell.

Dr. Eggman: (messing with his mustache) Tell me, how long has it been since experiment 232 Alpha Mech S escaped from here?

As the lights across the screen dance before his eyes, the computer pulls up the answer as quickly as possible.

Approximately 9 days, 4 hours, 23 minutes,--

Eggman: (annoyed) Yes, yes never mind all that. (shakes his head and starts to pace) Over a week and not a peep from HIM what so ever. (stops) No doubt he is up to something….

A large siren above the screen shrieks and turns a brilliant red as Eggman spins around to see the huge warning across the computer screen.

Warning, Warning, INTRUDER ALERT….INTRUDER ALERT….WARNING…. LOCKDOWN SEQUENCE BEGINNING IN SECTOR 2…..”

Shaking his head and chuckling, Eggman sits back down and watches the alerts flash all over the screen.

Eggman: How amusing. And what perfectly planned timing if I might add. (laughs) No doubt my new creation as already paid a visit to that blue friend of mine.

SECTOR 2 BREACHED… FINAL LOCKDOWN SEQUENCE IN PLACE… WARNING…WARNING

Eggman: (rolling his eyes) Why do I even bother to build these security settings sometimes… Well at least he didn’t level my base this time, I suppose…(looks at his watch) Let’s see now….5….4…..3….2….

A sparking robot slams through the metal sliding doors, landing about 4 feet from the doctor. Smoke fills the entry way, wires sparking everywhere. A shadow is seen in the mist of it.

Eggman: (Amused) Honest now, have you ever heard of knocking first?

Sonic steps out, a hardened expression on his face.

Sonic: (cold) Where is he?

Eggman: (grins) Ah, I see you two HAVE already met.

Sonic: Where is he Eggman? (starts to move towards him) I’m not here to play games….

Eggman: (raising an eyebrow) Eh? You’re in a fine temper now aren’t you, Sonic? (Stands up) My little “experiment” has been missing for over a week now. (looks over him) I surprised you can still run in the condition you are in.

Sonic: (glares) I came here to get answers and I not leaving till I do, Eggman.

Eggman: (sits back down) My, aren’t we serious today? Why is it you want to find him?

Sonic: (looks down at the ground) He has Amy.

Eggman: (stroking his chin) I see.

Eggman spins back around towards the computer screen and begins to type away. Annoyed, Sonic grabs what remains of a robot and slams it into the wall. Pieces of it shatter everywhere.

Eggman: (looking back) What the--?!

Sonic: (furious) I didn’t come here to stand around and listen to you joke about this! (fists clenched) I want answers now, Eggman!

Eggman: (serious now) You’re lucky I don’t finish you off right here and now you rodent. (laser guns emerge from the ceiling) You’ve been nothing but a thorn in my side for too long now, but it seems both you and I need something from each other….

The doctor spins around and faces Sonic as light glints off his glasses.

Eggman: 232 Alpha Mech S is not just a machine as you well know. He is one of the first experimental cyborgs that I have just recently created…

Sonic: Cyborgs?

Eggman: (slightly annoyed) Yes, cyborgs as in half machine half man or what ever living material I use. As you might have already put together by now, my most advanced one escaped from here not too long ago. I sent several of the others after them….(looks toward a corner) He was polite enough to drop off their remains here…..

Sonic looks towards the dark corner and sees a pile of skin, fur, bolts, and machine parts. He quickly looks away and shudders.

Eggman: (studying him) It seems the artificial intelligence I had programmed him with gave him as you might call it “ a will of his own”.

Sonic: (crosses his arms) But, why did he-

Eggman: (cuts him off) Attack you? It’s in his basic programming. (grins) At least that seems to still be intact. Too bad.

Sonic: (eyes narrowed) So he’s using Amy to get to me…. (looks at Eggman) Sounds like a familiar trick.

Eggman: (shrugs) All’s fair in love and war, Sonic.

Sonic sighs and shuts his eyes for a minute.

Sonic: (cold and clear) So, what do you want from me, Egghead?

Eggman: Simple. The micro-chip in the core of his head. That’s all. And in return, I’ll tell you where he is at this moment in time. (extends his hand) Do we have a deal then?

Sonic: (hesitates) What are you going to do with that chip? Build another—

Eggman: (interrupts) That’s none of your concern, hedgehog.

Sonic: (studying him) What if I don’t give you the chip after I find him?

Eggman: (smiles) I’ll just have to trust you to come back then, hedgehog. Now, deal?

Sonic slightly grins and grips the doctor’s hand.

Sonic: (with a hint of humor in his voice) Done.

Eggman: He was last seen at Station Square five minutes ago. (light glints off his glasses) He does not have the girl with him.

Eggman watched as a combination of pain and hatred build in Sonic’s eyes as struggled to control himself.

Sonic: (looking down) He must be keeping her somewhere,…I’ll find her, I swear it!!

Sonic takes off, as Eggman spins back around in his chair.

Eggman: (laughing) Fool, I can deactivate that cyborg at anytime I please. He either brings the chip or dies trying…(smiles) I can’t lose!! (laughs out loud) Muahahahahahaha!!

………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

_ren_tao_fan_ on January 7, 2008, 8:12:13 AM

_ren_tao_fan_ on
_ren_tao_fan_great chapter!!!! =3

AlleyCat17 on January 6, 2008, 8:10:06 PM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17wow great chapter and sweet story and i like the new way.anyways i hope you update soon.