Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Walking Dead

Follow Aslynn on a adventure to a new vampyre school where she encounters love, loss and defeats a gruesome enemy.

Chapter 6 - Walking Dead

Chapter 6 - Walking Dead
With that I flung open the locker and it knocked her right in the face. She fell backwards and dropped the knife. My adrenaline was pumping as I ran out of the locker room and headed to the weight room. Silently cursing myself for not grabbing the knife, I picked up a few free weights as I rushed through the door. Sadly my grip on one of them wasn’t as good as I had hoped and it slipped through my finger and landed right on my big toe. I had limped behind the bench press in the corner just as she ran in.
“I heard you drop something. You can’t just give away your hiding spot and then not give yourself up. It’s not ladylike,” I heard her tsk at me. The sleek silver dagger was in her right hand but there was blood dripping from her nose where I had hit her with the locker. She must have seen me in the mirror because all of a sudden she wheeled around.
“There you are dear,” she said sounding like a mother looking for her toddler. I took a weight and chucked it at her. Today must have been my lucky day because it hit her right in the crown of her skull.
“How dare you?! This is a newly grown body! It took decades to regrow this!” she screamed cursing at me and calling me vile names. I chucked another weight at her and it hit her in the stomach, causing her to double over in pain. I slipped out from behind the bench press and ran by her but she was too quick. She grabbed my ankle and yanked me down next to her. Slitting my arm with the dagger she said, “And you thought you would get away.” My necklace started to grow warm against my neck. The necrolancer’s eyes got wider than dinner plates as my necklace flew open. A bright light erupted from within my locket and then the necrolancer was gone and my necklace sealed itself shut again.
I knew I wouldn’t have much time before I lost enough blood to pass out so I forced my body to get up. Grabbing a towel that was left on one of the machines, I wrapped my arm up in it and headed back to the locker room. As I climbed the stairs I felt my legs going numb and knew that the same poison that had put Josh in a coma was working its way slowly through my veins. I was unsure about how much time I would have left so I lifted my legs and climbed the stairs one by one. At the top of the stairs my legs felt leaden and I couldn’t feel my lower abdomen. I didn’t trust my legs enough to walk anymore so I started to army crawl towards the gym. Because I had to use both of my arms the blood had started to flow faster and the towel was soaked by the time I got to Abigail’s body. I knew she was dead so I just crawled by as the tears started prickling in my eyes. By the time I reached the door there was no feeling in my upper body and I knew my arms would be next to go.
Luckily we had left the gym door open enough that I could just push with my hands to get outside. However once it was open I lost all hope. The snow was piled to just below the gym door and even if I was 100% I probably wouldn’t have been able to make it out. I laid down, defeated, knowing I had come this far only to hit a wall, literally. Then I saw Josh in the hospital and knew he couldn’t wake up alone and he would keep trying if the roles were reversed. Slowly I dug at the snow, creating a small tunnel of sorts and relying on my internal GPS to get me back to the lobby. When I thought I was halfway there I stopped to rest and then I noticed that I couldn’t feel my shoulders. I knew soon enough I wouldn’t have any use of my arms and that I had to keep going. Finally through trial and error I found the lobby doors, just as I lost feeling in my hands. Without the use of my limbs I had to just lie there, outside the lobby and pray that someone would walk by and find me. I banged my head against the door until there was a crack in the door and my head was bleeding. The numbness had spread to my neck by that point and it looked like no one was coming for me. I was going to die here all alone. I closed my eyes and drifted away from this world.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment