Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Happy Ending At Last

Follow Aslynn on a adventure to a new vampyre school where she encounters love, loss and defeats a gruesome enemy.

Chapter 7 - Happy Ending At Last

Chapter 7 - Happy Ending At Last
The next time I opened my eyes I was in a field of black roses and marigolds. A wooden bridge was in front of me and I saw my big sister on the other side. Unconcerned by this oddity I waved at her but she just looked at me with sad eyes. I walked towards the bridge but she held up her hand as if to tell me to stop. Confused I started walking again but again she held up her hand to tell me to stop; this time she also pointed down. I looked down and saw that the field had disappeared and there was nothing but sky below me. Then I started free falling down, all the way down. The last thing I saw was my older sister beaming down at me and waving good bye.
“She’s alive,” I heard someone call in a relieved voice.
“Thank god,” said a second. I tried to sit up but at least three sets of hands pushed me back down.
“Honey you’re going to need to stay down. Stop moving,” said the first voice again.
“Josh?” I called, hoping that he would be near me.
“I’m right here,” he said taking my hand and giving it a firm squeeze, “You’re in the hospital, the headmaster found you collapsed in the lobby, there was a fresh gash on your arm and your cheekbone is broken,” he filled me in.
“That’s impossible,” I heard myself mutter, the last thing I remember is being trapped outside of the lobby and not being able to get in.
“We just gave her a sedative,” said one of the doctors to Josh.
“Okay I’ll stay right here though,” he said firmly. With that I went into a drug induced sleep. When I peeled open my eyes there was Josh. He was collapsed in a chair next to my bed. One of the nurses came in and I put my finger to my lips to tell her to be quiet. She nodded and refilled my blood bag. As she walked out of the room I untangled my hand from Josh’s and attempted to leave the room without waking him. I got about halfway to the door before I heard, “Aslynn?”
“I’m right here Josh,” I called back to him, heading back into my bed.
“You should be resting,” he said.
“You should be in a coma,” I countered. We both just laughed at our near death experiences.
“I want to go back to my room,” I told him.
“I’ll go see if you can if you lay back down and act like a good patient,” he said half jokingly. So I plopped back into my bed and waited his return. When he came back he unplugged my IV and helped me stand up.
“Um just one thing,” Josh said rather bashfully, “they never cleaned up my room so for now we’re roomies.” I just rolled my eyes at the news as he escorted me back to my… our room.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment