Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - prologue

no, I really can't think of a better title. just give me time. anywho, I don't really know enough to describe the plot, as I'm not sure where I want it to go. I count on the characteres to make the story happen. read it if you're curious.
phantom

Chapter 0 - prologue

Chapter 0 - prologue
[color=#808080" size="3]
Something.
[/color][color=#008000" size="2][b]
~Prologue~
[/b][/color][color=#800080" size="2]
Three children stood on a beach at sunset. The sun shone over the waves, like a pathway leading to the distant west. It nearing the end of summer. None of them ever could have guessed what would happen. They were only aware of the first day of scool that was fast approaching, not of the pieces that were moving in the world around them.[/color]

'Ah, no, I forgot to write that report for the summer reading!' the girl exclaimed.

'What on earth were you doing that day we were working our asses off?' the boy next to her said with a grin. 'And don't say you forgot. No one could be that spacy.'

She laughed and punched him on the arm. 'What are you-'

'I have a strange feeling about this.' The other boy was staring out at the sea, his eyes wide. He spoke softly, but they didn't miss a word.

'Aw, c'mon,' his friend said. 'you just had one too many ice creams.'

'I'm serious. Something isn't right about this. I feel-'

'What? A stomachache?'

'You two eat more ice cream then the rest of the town put together! Why would I have a stomachache?'

The girl smiled, watching the two boys argue. 'You're hallucinating. That's all.' He grinned, shrugging. 'I thought it must be the ice-'

'Shut your mouth! I am not making this up!'

'How do I know that? Sounds like a joke to me. It was funny at first, but you're dragging it out much too- whoa! Easy!' The boy had drawn a wooden sword, deadly serious. He tossed a second to the first boy, who nearly dropped it.

'Go on,' he said in a soft, dangerous voice. 'We can decide this through combat. If I was really high on ice cream, you'd be able to beat me, right?'

'Give me your worst.'

The boys were about to attack one another when the girl pushed between them. 'What is with you two? We're going home tomorrow, so you guys should get some sleep. And I will not have you ruining the end of our vacation! We came here to have fun, remember?'

'Right.' the brown-haired boy threw the wooden sword to the ground and stuck his hands in the pockets of his baggy shorts. 'It was a dumb idea anyway. Sheesh, you're so weird.' He turned and made his way back to his cabin. The girl looked back and forth between them, not sure what to do for a moment, before running after the boy.

'Don't stay out here too much longer!' she called hastily over her shoulder. Then she was gone.

He sat down in the sand, letting his breath out through his teeth as the sun sank out of sight. Maybe his friends were right. Maybe he was weird. His hair was straight and silver-blond, where everyone else on the island had brown or red hair that was almost always curly, and he couldn't seem to be able to get a tan: even after a summer on the beach he was pasty. Everyone else at least had a few freckles.

The waves licked his bare toes. He felt a shiver run up his spine that had nothing to do with being cold. He knew for sure now. Something was happening. He stood as wave after wave of the icy water washed over his feet. The indigo sky was perfectly clear, but he could sense the storm in the air.

'The door is opening.'

'What?' He looked around. There was nothing. Nothing but a twilight beach...

'What a wonderful feeling...' There was the voice again. There was a brilliant flash of violet lightning across the sky, and he saw a cloaked figure. 'Who are you?' he heard himself ask warily.

'But you want it too, boy. I can feel it. Your heart calls out to the other side. Open your heart.'
'What are you talking about? What...?'

He could feel the earth vibrating beneath his feet. The sky was striped black and violet, the stars that had been twinkling into existence a moment before were smothered. The white lightning struck the beach all around them, melting the sand into pillars of dirty glass that stood taller than any of the buildings on the island, like arcane trees.

'You know it's true... This is not your world. You were not meant to exist. You see what they can't. Your heart will open the door...' The stripes of light and darkness were spiralling down, a freakish imitation of a hurricane, and he and the cloaked person were trapped at its eye.

'Who... who are you? Tell me, dammit! What are you doing?'

'You do not remember me? I suppose you wouldn't, after what They did...'
'What-Are-You-Doing-To-Me?!?' he shouted. The wind blended his words together, made them sound odd even to his own ears.

'Nothing. You are doing this.'
He was doing this? How was that possible? He might be different, but surely not that much... and why would he want to do this...? But he didn't have any time to wonder, because the cloaked person was blurring. 'The world has been connected...!'
Then everything was gone.





______

Yep, so that's the prologue. I hope you like it. I already have chapitre one typed, so it should be up soon.

-Phantom
[/b]

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment