Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - 10 Years Earlier

Twas,Tis,and Twill be a true story.

Chapter 2 - 10 Years Earlier

Chapter 2 - 10 Years Earlier
A boy of about ten, is laying on a couch, staring at his living room television. His father is in the room next to him, tending to his birds. His father, Robb Yanmsey, had a collection of parakeets, cockatiels, and lovebirds. He purchased them a while back for breeding purposes, but had no luck selling any, and from the way they were mating and eating, he had quite a money situation, from trying to take care of them all.
The boy, as we now recognize as Fred Yanmsey, heard his father's cellphone ring from the other room. When Robb answered it, Fred heard him talking to somebody about a miniature crisis. Fred could tell it was so, because he heard his dad say things like "stop crying", "what happened", and "calm down".

At this point, Fred was curious as to what was happening between his dad and the voice on the phone. Robb then hung up the phone, grabbed his keys, left the bird room, and headed for the front door. Fred asked, "What's going on?" and his dad replied that he would explain when he returned. Robb also mentioned to tidy the house a bit.

Fred knew what this meant, and he was questioned, along with his brother, who had stepped into the living room. His brother was an overweight boy, always 2 years older than Fred, but always 3 years less mature. His name was Mitch, and he always seemed to get on Fred's nerves, but didn't see why.

Back to the subject, they both knew that when their father told them to "tidy the house", it meant that he was going to have a friend over. The boys, despite questionable feelings, cleaned the house, but argued while doing it. They argued all the time, and sometimes over stuff that didn't matter, which annoyed the bejeebus out of their mom and dad. Their mom was more tolerant than Robb, and didn't like to punish them, so Robb did it for her, but she didn't like to watch.

The house was clean, but it was littered with disagreements, and when Robb arrived home with someone, they would have to wait. The "someone" that he was talking to on the phone was apparently a girl, about the age of Mitch, who was a little shy when coming into the house. It was about the beginning of the summer and end of the school year, which meant that it was no doubt a tad bit hot out, but nonetheless, she was wearing plenty of warm clothes. Robb introduced the girl to the the two boys, and left them to (what he thought would be) "hang out", but she would much more prefer to go into Robb and his wife's room, and talk with them.

The girl, Catherine, had a bit of a stuck up nature, so she thought she deserved better than everyone else, and thought she was more mature. When she was left to "hang out" with Fred and Mitch, she just sat on the couch, and asked if she could change the channel.
It was changed to some old movie, which everyone in the community had heard about, and seen before. Fred just sat at the couch, and siliently watched the television, while Mitch PRETENDED to watch TV, but glanced at Catherine everytime she looked away.

Mitch was a bit of a vulgar kid, and not too friendly, so he hadn't had much luck with girls his whole life. He was glancing at her not out of curiousity or a crush, but something else. And she didn't like it.

After a while, she got tired of Mitch oggling her, so she decided to say something. But when the words were about to spurt out, Robb's voice came from the other side of the room. "I'm going to get Sonic (a popular fast food joint at the time) and I want you two to behave. (Of course, he was talking to his sons, he had no right to say anything like that to Cathrine, who was only visiting.) He came back in about 20 minutes, with burgers, fries, and drinks, and the three young ones ate until they were finished.

In about a half hour, Robb emerged from his room and told Catherine that he had talked to her parents, and that it was okay for her to go home. Fred and Mitch were still confused, but they said nothing as Catherine left with Robb.

They didn't hear from her for a while, at least not till around school started when she came with a better attitude than last time, and actually hung out. When school started, Fred asked his dad about what school he was going to, and when he got his reply, he was shocked.


.....homeschool?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment