Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Painting the Future

Lyra thought that her life was worthless...
But when a fire burns her school to the ground, she's got to move again.
With Gabriel, her mysterious tutor she goes to the college of Mazaret.
There she will discover that she's not that bad.

Chapter 3 - Painting the Future

Chapter 3 - Painting the Future
Chapter 3 Painting the Future

I could swear that I’ve heard a voice in my head. I looked around…
Tomorrow we are going to do our introductions. You seem to be tired… Raphael grabbed my shoulder Come I’ll show you your room.
Sure… I said quietly to him, I must be hearing things… maybe I’m getting sick. I thought.
I gazed once more to the guy and I turned around.
Raphael was leading me towards the second floor, as we walked; we passed through several rooms elegantly decorated like an aristocratic house, would be.
I forgot to tell you that we have, in this dorm, a huge bibliotheca… my eyes showed him happiness I’d thought you would like it… he said with a gentle smile.
Sure I do. But part of my collection got burned in the fire… and also my piano books were all gone for good… I sight sadly, he looked a little surprised.
You play piano? he was curious, I guess it wasn’t going to bring harm to talk to him. I stopped.
Well, I’m in Art’s… he had this look in this face like: And…? I sight again I know that I a bit strange in my taste, but its normal, isn’t it? I mean, I draw and paint, I play both piano and violin, and I get my work done… that’s all… I started to walk again.
Well, it’s a bit unusual for sure… you don’t look like a «staying in home» person… I gazed at him, what do you mean I asked him, Lets see ok? You’re quite the talker once we get the right subject and you aren’t hugly…
I felt my face burning, you don’t understand… My skin was so pale that I turned pink. Almost like someone had been painting my face. I looked at the floor, I wasn’t expecting this…
I heard him laugh… I think that’s better for you to go to your room” he opened a door; I stepped inside with my pink face, And please… lock your door. He closed it.
He had a serious face; I remembered what I saw in the common room… a shiver came down my spin.
Better to close the door… I said to myself. Then I looked to the room; the first thing that I noticed was the space. I could put twice of my latest dorm room in this one. The other thing I noticed was the bed. It was huge! And it had silk sheets…black and blood red…
God that had to be expensive! I said, still looking at the rest.
Then I went to my bag and took new cloth, I was going to get a hot bath… I really needed it.
When I went to the room again, I saw that it wasn’t very decorated… so I decided to start to unpack my stuff and make my own decoration…
I took the painting in a good shape and placed them in the walls, I also took the rest of my books and the art material… All the furniture that was empty was now with my things.
I looked around pleased Tomorrow I’ll put the rest of it… and I went to bed.
My sleep wasn’t quiet as the usual.
I had nightmares… I dreamed with strange and yet so horrifying things…
I was looking at it, I started to walk towards it, but something stopped me from walking.
An angel in silver chains… I could see its wings, but nothing more. It was covered with a white sheet… I could hear it weep.
Then I closed my eyes and it was all silent.
I opened them again I saw the angel in a blood poll, and then I looked to myself.
I screamed as I saw myself covered in blood. I heard a whisper… Death…

I woke up with chills and covered in sweat.
What was that all about…? I whispered. I couldn’t get my breath again I was tired… and yet I was sleeping. That was so weird so I tried to get it out of my mind for a little.
I looked at the clock, it were eight o’clock. I sat in the bed and looked at the painting at my front. I smiled.
It was my first painting and it was supposed to bring luck. Then I saw something that brought me to think. The room in the picture looked like the one were I was. Could it be…?
What curious coincidence… I laugh at my thoughts as I rose from the bed and opened the windows. It was a gloomy day outside.
I opened the wardrobe and picked some clothing.
I started with a black leader pants and a white sleeveless shirt. I went to my hand bag and took a few things. A silver chain with a cross in it and a black and little necklace that I putted well tight to my neck. I also took a bracelet and my rings. One for each finger of my left hand.
Then I opened the door carefully; without any noise and went downstairs.
I got to the common room; I remembered it again. I shocked my head and wandered where the kitchen was.
I walked through the door behind me and I could see that I was in the room I was looking for.
Good… today is going to be great! I started to pick something from the frig.
I didn’t really notice that he had entered in the kitchen. But when he spoke, I almost died.
Good morning… Did you sleep well” asked him in is smooth voice near my hear.
He scared me so much that I slipped and landed in his arms. I blushed like there was no tomorrow. He had his arms around my waist and I looked up he was smiling so GD gorgeous! And his eyes… where a light brown almost like honey. “I guess that I scared you…? Sorry I didn’t mean to. He said still smiling.
Just let me go if please… he slowly removed his arms and I turn to him I couldn’t take my eyes from his Hmm… thank you for catching me, it was the least you could do after almost killed me by heart attack… I was still blushing Good morning… I said shyly and closed my eyes. I heard him moving away, he sat on a chair.
True… he said I looked at him again he was thinking about something You never told us your name…
Lyra… then I asked What’s yours?
Alexiel Soreny. I’m the older brother… he smiled again Do you know anything about cooking? he asked curious and yet with hope.
I can handle myself… do you want something? I turned to pick some coffee for me.
Yeah. Thank you Lyra.
We talked like I’d knew each other for ages… then Raphael showed up and entered in the conversation.
Better tell you all the names… You know Lucas, me and my older brother but you don’t know Phillip he’s the younger. Then you have Daniel and Michael Saint Allura, Caleb Lamont, Ainsem Mavrick and finally Richard Miend.
There are a lot of them!! they laughed at me.
Then I escaped myself from the kitchen and grabbed my art stuff and I went to a room where Alex said to be good to draw.
I sat on the sofa and putted my mp3 playing with muse “Apocalypse Please”.
I started to draw… and never wandered how much time I stayed in that room, but it was time enough to happen something.
When I began a new draw an image floated to my head and I took it without thinking it was more like an instinct. After I finished I looked.
I just draw a dead woman in an alley. I even draw two holes in her bloody neck. I didn’t want to draw that for sure. I putted it away and went to the room.
Hello Lyra, I’m Phillip… Raphael just told me your name. He hugged me Daniel is making lunch so you be better not to eat it. I looked at him confused You will see…
He was talking serious… it tasted horribly…. God I guess its better you do something Lyra or we won’t eat… Raphael looked with hope. I sighed and say OK
I went to the kitchen and heard someone turn the TV, I cooked something quickly.
When I walked to the dinner room I saw the news. And guess what. The woman was there. Dead in the alley.
I drooped the food, “It happened again…” I whispered What’s wrong Lyra? I saw Alexiel looking to the TV serious. Then he looked at me.
Have you seen this before…?
No… I stopped It’s just scary that’s all… I draw that woman in that alley.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment