Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Quest for the Four Diamonds

This is kindof old. I made this in grade seven as an assignment. It's based on Golden Sun, but who really gives a shoot. I got an A.

Chapter 1 - The Quest for the Four Diamonds

Chapter 1 - The Quest for the Four Diamonds
There was a young boy named Garret. He lived in the village of Vilacon. Garret was an Ajikan. All Ajikans harnessed the power of an element. Garret however, was too young to know about these powers. The name of these powers was psynergy. Psynergy is the power of focusing the mind to create and lift objects. Garret was a fire Ajikan. Garret was four years old at this time in the story. Garret had other friends too. Their names were Jenny, Phillip, and Conner. Yet, none of them knew that they would one day become Ajikans. Jenny would be a water Ajikan, Phillip would be a wind Ajikan, and Conner would be an earth Ajikan. Along with these Ajikans, there were creatures to increase their powers. There were four elements of these creatures. Just like Ajikans, there were four elements, fire, water, wind and earth. These elements were named after planets, fire was Mars, water was Mercury, wind was Jupiter and earth was Venus. These creatures were called Montils.

Garret was playing with Jenny at the tombstones in Vilacon. “Hey, Jenny. Wanna go to Vilacon Abandoned Tower?” said Garret. “I don’t know Garret…” Jenny replied. “Awe, common! It’ll be fun!” Garret said back, trying to convince Jenny. “Well, my parents told me never to go to V.A.T, it’s way to dangerous.” “You’re just a chicken, nana nana nanah!” teased Garret. “I’m telling!” said Jenny, running to her house crying. All of a sudden, Phillip and Conner come over to the tombstones. “Hey, why did you do that to Jenny?” said Phil. “Yea, why did you do that?” Quoted Conner. “She was too chicken to go to the V.A.T,” said Garret. Conner and Phil both awed in supprise. “You dared her to go to V.A.T?” asked Conner. “No, I asked her if she wanted to go, and she was chicken,” replied Garret. “Well, you shouldn’t have asked her to go there anyway, because it’s WAY to dangerous.” Said Conner. “Well, why do you listen to your mommy all the time, huh?” bullied Garret. “That’s just plain rude, Garret.” Conner replied. “Garret, come over here! Right now!” said a voice very strictly. Garret looked in the direction he heard the voice come from and said to himself “uh-oh” it was Jenny’s mother! Garret was in deep trouble now. “I said now!” said Jenny’s mother again, even louder. “Coming, miss…” downed Garret. Garret walked over to Jenny’s mother. Jenny was right beside her mother, still sniffing in deep breaths through her nose. “Now, tell me what happened.” “Well, miss, Jenny and I were just playing, and she ran off crying for no reason.” Fibbed Garret. “That’s not what Jenny told me,” Said Jenny’s mother. Garret was in DEEP trouble now, a double-wammy! Jenny wiped a tear off of her face. “Sorry, ma’am.” Apologized Garret. “Apology accepted.” Thanked Jenny’s mother. “Now, I’m going to go back home now, and I’m going to leave you four alone to play nicely together, okay?” “Okay.” Replied Garret, Jenny, Conner and Phil all at once. “Whoa, That must have been embarrassing.” Giggled Phil. “Yea” said Garret. “Jenny was still huffing a bit, but less then before. “I’m sorry, Jenny.” Said Garret. “It’s ok.” Replied Jenny.

Ten years have passed since that day, and a lot has changed. First of all, they are all Ajikans now, and, they all have a Montil of their own element. Second, they are all older, Garret is fourteen, Jenny is thirteen, Phil is sixteen, and Conner is fifteen. They also found out about these four balls that got scattered around the continent. They all represented an element, one Mars, one Mercury, one Jupiter, and one Venus. They were pure substances, A.K.A diamonds. “What will we do, without the four diamonds, the elements are all out of balance.” Worried the elder of Vilacon. “We will help,” said Garret, along with his three friends. “Oh yes, young children who can do what I cannot, yes, I will let you help. But, I warn you; it is not an easy task. You must travel throughout the continent and gather all of the four diamonds.” Warned the elder. “Don’t worry, sir. We’ll do it, for Vilacon!” Replied Garret. Their parents came and had seen what they have decided to do. “Oh, my baby!” said Garrets mother. “Mom, I’m fourteen! I’m not a baby anymore, ok?!” said Garret angrily. “Oh, yes. But I do worry about you, dear.” Comforted Garrets mother. “Oh, yes. I nearly forgot!” said the elder. The elder searched his bag that he had on the fountain side. “Aha!” said the elder, with a smile on his face. “What, what is it, oh great one?” said Garret politely. The elder took out a fine elven blade out of his bag. “Whoa!” awed Garret. “Yes, it is beautiful, isn’t it…. And I am intrusting it to you.” “Are you sure?” Asked Garret truthfully. “Yes, if you must save our village, you must have protection.” Said the elder, with another smile. Garret took the fine blade. “Ah, and for you three.” Said the elder, checking his bag again. He searched his bag, and then took out two magical staffs and a short gladiator sword. “Here you go,” he gave the short sword to Phil, and the two staffs to Conner and Jenny.

“Well, I guess it’s time to leave now.” Said Garret. “Bye, we’ll miss you!” said his mother. “Love you to.” Said Garret to his mother. And with that, he gathered his friends and they set off to their quest. They left Vilacon and started to the east. They kept heading east until they found a village. ‘Welcome to Marindail!’ said a fancy sign attached to two posts. “Marindail, eh?” said Garret. “Sounds pretty cool to me,” Finished Garret. They rested at an Inn there and they ate until they were stuffed. They really enjoyed Marindail. They walked to a fountain to take a couple of sips of water. “ Hey, what’s that?” said Jenny. She had seen a sparkling object in the fountain. Could it be? Thought Jenny to herself. She pushed her hand toward the glimmering object. She took a hold of it when… “Aaahhh!!!” Screamed Jenny. Something had grabbed her arm from in the fountain! “Don’t worry!” Said Phil heroically. He took out his sword and slashed off the tentacle like arm. Jenny was freed. “Thank you so much, Phil.” “No problem, Jenny.” Phil winked at her and she smiled back. Jenny finished what she was doing and took her hand out of the fountain… It was, it really was, the Mercury Diamond! “I found it!” yelled Jenny happily. “Found what?” asked Garret. Then he gazed at her arm, and it really was the Mercury diamond! “Good job, Jenny!” said everyone together.

They left Marindail and started towards the southwestern area. All of a sudden… Wham! They stumbled across an evil enemy! “Stab him!” said Jenny, frightened. Garret took his fine blade out and took a running jump, then slammed his blade into the enemy! It melted away like an acid has greeted it. And in the middle was… The Venus diamond! Conner took the Venus diamond. “Whoa, that was lucky!” laughed Garret. “Yea!” said Conner. “Well, if you ask me, it was pretty frightening…,” said Jenny. “Well, let’s just stick to the plan” said Phil. “Sounds good to me,” said Garret. So they headed off to the same direction.

They traveled, and traveled. “Man, I’m thirsty!” complained Conner. “This isn’t the time to be talking about food,” said Jenny. So they all kept to it and kept going forward. All of a sudden, a windstorm started! “O, no!” said Jenny. “Phil, use your whirlwind psynergy!” said Garret. “Ok, here goes nothing.” Said Phil. He started concentrating. Then, with that, it was a battle between storms! They both pushed with force against each-other, trying to knock one another out of balance. Then, it all stopped, and when they opened their eyes, they realized they won! “Good job, Phil!” said Conner. “It was nothing,” said Phil, blushing. “Hey, what’s that?” said Phil. “What’s what?” Said Garret. “That!” said Phil, pointing to a white diamond half buried in the sand. “O my gosh!” said Jenny, realizing that it was the Jupiter diamond! Phil placed his hands on the special diamond, and picked it up. Their quest was almost complete, there was only one more diamond left!

They were left in a stranded desert. Garret and his three friends did not know where to head next. So they just guessed it would be okay to head north. They kept going north, until they found a big volcano! The volcano had stairs leading to the middle of it. At the top of the stairs laid an open cave. Garret and friends decided it seems like the obvious place to find the Mars diamond, so they headed up the stairs. “It’s really scary in here!” said Jenny, holding Philips arm tightly. “It’s okay, I’ll protect you, Jenny.” Said Phil. “Thank you, Phil, I feel safer now.” Said Jenny. They kept walking in the tunnel. “It’s hot in here,” said Garret. “No duh, we’re inside a volcano!” Laughed Jenny. They walked even farther up the cave. Then, they found a dead end. “Oh great.” Said Conner in disbelief. “Wait!” said Jenny. “What?” said Garret. “Maybe this is to test psynergy!” said Jenny. “Yea, maybe she’s right,” said Phillip. So with that, Garret tried his blast psynergy. It worked! The dead end opened up revealing a new path! So they headed down that path until they found a small swarm of enemy’s. There were four of them. “We must attack!” yelled Jenny. So they all got in their positions to fight. Garret Attacked with his blade and felled the first opponent. Then Jenny striked with her Magic staff, and casted a powerful blow weakening the second opponent greatly. Then Conner casted his staff and downed the second enemy. After that, Phillip did a horizontal strike with his short sword, downing the third opponent. Yet, there was still one monster left, and before any one of them could strike, it attacked Jenny! But, Phil jumped in the way of the blow and got a very bad wound. This angered Jenny. With all this anger, Jenny just dropped her staff, and jumped at the enemy! And she bit it, kicked it, punched it, and even scratched it. And, with one last blow, Jenny did one last powerful punch, downing the last opponent. “Good job, Jenny!” complemented Garret. But Jenny didn’t listen, she just walked over to Phillip with worry. “Are you okay?” she said to Phil in a soft voice, holding his hand. “I…Think…So…” Replied Phil. “Thanks to you, anyway…” said Phil. “Thank you, Phil. But all I really cared about at that moment was, well, you.” Said Jenny. “Well…That’s about the nicest thing anyone has done for me,” said Phil with a smile. With that, Phillip got up, and wiped the dirt off of his clothes. Then, Garret didn’t notice before, but there was the Mars diamond sitting right on the floor where they had slain the beasts! Garret picked it up. “I got it!” said Garret happily. Then they traveled back to the village of Vilacon and they celebrated greatly. They had a big feast.

After ten more years, Jenny and Phillip got married. Garret and Conner became roommates in an apartment. And everyone in the village of Vilacon lived happily ever after.


Written by: Derek A. Johnson

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Kumiho on November 4, 2003, 9:55:29 PM

Kumiho on
KumihoI like it! it show creativity *see i know my big words!* *puts down dictionary before anyone sees it* I can see why you're lang teacher gave u an A