Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Surprise from the Past

A girl makes friends with the Pharaoh of Egypt and all things go wrong once the famous Thief King discovers their relationship.

Chapter 1 - Surprise from the Past

Chapter 1 - Surprise from the Past
The warm Egyptian sun bathed the great city of Egypt with warm rays of light. Most people would be wise and stay under a shaded roof or indoors, but not all people are that wise.
A girl was sitting up on a roof of a small hut. Up there she was feeling the full impact of the fiery orb. A warm breeze picked up and blew the girl's long raven black hair into her eyes. She gently took her hand and tucked the hair behind her ears and out of her face. Her emerald green eyes were full of sadness.
"Seania, will you get down from that roof and get inside before you burn. Get down for Ra's sake! I need to talk to you inside", yelled a woman from inside the hut. Seania rolled her eyes and climbed down the ladder and into the shaded house. Seania entered the sitting room and sat down in a chair near a window.
"There you are. You really shouldn't be on the roof in this heat", said a tall woman with long brown hair and hazel eyes.
"You should really listen to your sister, Seania. May is very wise when it comes to hot days like this", said a shorter woman with brown hair, highlighted with grey streaks. Seania's mother was a very protective woman and so was her sister May, but definitely less with her other sister Susan.
Susan was very good at being careless and selfish, sometimes at the same time. Susan was 18 and considered herself a "responsible" adult. She was a blonde and would live up to that name. Her blue eyes would burn with jealousy when her younger sister, Seania, would get more attention then she did. She was nothing like her older sister May.
May was a very quite woman. Being the oldest of three, May was always looking out for her younger sisters. May was 21-years-old. She was always buried in a book or scroll. This was how she became the smartest and wisest of her family. She would supply useful information that would sometimes keep her sisters out of trouble. Her long hair would usually be tied up in some hairstyle to keep it out of her hazel eyes.
The youngest of the family was Seania. She was always last to get mostly everything that her sisters got. The weird thing about Seania was that she was completely different from her family, physically and mentally. She had raven black hair that went down to her butt and emerald green eyes. None of these qualities matched her mother or father. Her mother had brown hair like May and blue eyes like Susan. Her father had blonde hair and hazel eyes. Sometimes Seania would complain to her mother about her appearance and her mother would usually say it was some distant uncle or cousin who had those features.
Even though Seania was almost an adult she let her mind wander like a child's, always daydreaming about heroes and princesses and thieves.
"Now Seania darling, your sisters and I are going out of town and leaving you here to take care of the house. I know you may think you're not ready and I know you may not be, but you need to grow up and have responsibilities and this will be a good start," explained the parent of the household. Seania scowled at how her mother treated her. She was seventeen for Ra's sake.
"Mom, I'm not a kid anymore. I'm seventeen and almost an adult. Why do you treat me as if I were three or five? You can go off and do your little trip without any worries about the house or me. I know you think I'm lonely and dont have any friends or not ready, but I am ready and I know I can make some new friends." finished Seania with pride and determination glowing in her emerald eyes.
Seania's family trip was for Susan to pick a husband. In her family, when the daughter turns eighteen, she has the right to marry any man she pleases, but this was her family custom, so it's not like everyone in Egypt does the same thing. May was going because she was already old enough but didn't want to pick a husband when she turned eighteen a few years ago. Seania was only seventeen so her mother wouldn't let her go with them.
"Honey I know you think you're ready and I know you will make lots of new friends, but we are going to be gone for a while and I dont want to leave you. I promise to make it up to you by bringing a nice young man back with me so you can get to know each other and when your eighteenth birthday comes around you'll have a man to marry," Seania's mother finished explaining. Her daughter just stared at her for the longest time and then got up and walked across the room to sit in a chair away from everyone else in the room.
Seania's mother kept on blabbing on about safety tips, but Seania wasnt listening.
"So you know that we have so little money and you need to spend it wisely like on food and water. Seania. SEANIA!!!!!"
By the shout of her mother's voice, Seania awoke from her daydreaming and glanced up a little.
"Are you listening o me? I'm going to pack and so are your sisters and then we are leaving," finished the parent. She walked into her room and started packing.
Seania just sighed and cupped her chin in the palms of her hands. "Why does this have to happen now," she thought to herself. May looked over at her and frowned.
"Hey cheer up. We'll be back and you won't be so lonely," said May with a smile. The girl smiled back at her sister and then May went to her room to pack. Seania looked out the small window next to the chair and sighed again. Her mother came out with bags in each hand. She dropped them and cleared her throat to finish her long lecture with her child.
"Now Im taking most of the money with your sisters and I so you will have just enough to by food for yourself until we come back."
Once that was said her mother gave her a hug and a kiss on the forehead as did her sisters. Seania watched them walk out the door and into the blazing sun. They reached the horses and rode off. Seania then went inside and sat down in the same chair she was in before. She looked down on the table next to her and sighed some more. On the table was a necklace that was shaped like a diamond. It had red on the sides and black in the middle. There was a red heart in the middle of it too.
A young boy gave her that necklace when she was only twelve years old and when she was thirteen that same boy left her and she never saw him again.
"I wish you were here right now Atem," Seania said to herself. The boy's name was Atem and she missed him dearly. Tired of gazing at the necklace that only brought her painful memories, Seania got to her feet and walked into her mother's room and opened a wooden dresser. She dug under all of her mother's clothing till she found a leather pouch and opened it. Inside were at least thirty gold pieces.
"That wont be enough to last me for at least two weeks," mumbled Seania. She thought of what to do and when an idea popped into her head she frowned.
"The only thing I can do is steal something, but that is wrong. Still if I want to survive I might as well do it." So it was decided that Seania would steal food to survive while her family was away.
As she entered the market place, Seania looked at each one of the stands of produce. The smell of fruit and other foods filled the air. Seania walked from stand to stand, looking at what each had to offer. She acted naturally so no one would suspect that she was up to something. Finally she stopped at a stand that was unoccupied and she stood there for at least two minutes before she made her move. The thieving girl took an orange from the stand and stuffed it in a leather bag she had brought with her. No one saw her do this and she knew she might get away with another fruit, but as Seania was reaching out to grab another and put it into her bag, two guards from the Pharaoh's palace turned the corner just in time to see Seania doing the horrible deed.
"Halt right there you peasant," yelled one of the guards. In sheer panic, Seania dropped the food and ran. The two guards ran after her at increasing speed. Seania knew they would catch her and then it would be all over, but she wanted to at least try and escape from them. She turned a corner, but unfortunately it was a dead end. Seania looked back to see the guards with their spears ready to use force if needed. The poor girl knew it was all over as the guards came closer and closer. She gave up the idea of running and the guard took the opportunity to push her down and tie her hands back.
"Why did I do that, Damn Im stupid? Please help me, Ra. I promise I will never do it again for as long as I live," pleaded Seania. She prayed as she drew nearer to the palace doors that Ra would forgive her and help her out of this horrible mess.

* * *

A man was looking out from his balcony at the great city of Egypt. The sun beamed off his gold jewelry that hung from his neck and earlobes. On his head was a magnificent crown of gold. It glowed with great beauty. In the middle of it was an eye, but not just any eye, it was the eye of the great sun god, Ra. The man who stood before the balcony with the gold jewelry and crown with the eye of Ra was none other then the Pharaoh of Egypt himself.
His name was Atem. He had tri-colored hair that spiked out in a shape that most resembled a star. He had golden blond bangs in the front and black hair in the back with red cutting the edges. His deep violet eyes were filled with mystery. The Pharaoh sighed and turned away from his balcony. He walked over to the table beside his bed and grabbed a piece of jewelry off it.
In his hand he held a bracelet made of silver. In the center there was a diamond shaped like a heart. Atem clasped his hand over it and sighed some more, but this time there was sadness.
"I wish you were here with me, Seania," said Atem. He recalled the days with the beautiful girl he use to play with when he was young. She had long flowing black hair and the most beautiful emerald green eyes he'd ever seen. His memories were cut short as a messenger walked in, knocking politely.
"My lord, Im sorry if I'm interrupting anything important." The man paused and bowed respectfully. He waited patiently for a reply.
"No not at all. Please do continue," said the Pharaoh politely.
"The commander of your guards wishes to speak to you in the grand throne room. That is all Pharaoh," finished the man with a respectful bow. He paused again, waiting for orders.
"Thank you, and please tell him I will be there shortly. You're dismissed," commanded the Pharaoh as he waved the man away.
"Oh yeah another day of being Pharaoh," said Atem to himself with a chuckle. "I just want something different to happen today. Please Ra, make my day more interesting." Atem smiled, slipped the silver bracelet on his wrist, and walked out of his bedchamber and into the great throne room.

* * *

Poor Seania was thrown to the hard marble ground of the palace floor. It was cold against her cheek. Doors opened and the girl could hear footsteps.
"Your highness. What a pleasure to see you so well and happy today," said a man next to Seania.
"Ah, my good commander, what have you brought to me today that is worth my time," asked Atem, staring at the person below him.
"Oh, yes. This girl was caught red-handed in the market today, stealing goods. Now as you know this is against the law and punishment will be made, but before you see what punishment, may I point out that we have had days in the market where a number of thieving has happened at a time, but the thief was never caught. So I think this little witch is either the thief of a number of raids or she is in league with the head thief," finished the commander with pride in his eyes.
"I see, but you dont know if she was stealing or not. Were you there to witness this commander?" asked the Pharaoh, eyeing the girl closely.
Well no, but these men were. They said they saw her grab produce off an unoccupied stand, my lordship," concluded the commander.
"I'm sorry my Pharaoh and promise never to do it again. Please have pity and mercy on my soul. I know that what I did was wrong, but don't punish me harshly for this," said Seania who was listening to the whole conversation with the Pharaoh and his commander.
"You will speak when spoken to," shouted the commander as he grabbed her hair and pushed her head down. She winced and glanced up at the Pharaoh. She froze as she gazed upon what she thought was a memory.
Atem froze too and stared in disbelief. In his eyes he too saw a repeat of the past, his childhood friend.
"Can it really be you, Seania?" asked Atem as he leaned forward in his throne, eyes searching for the answer in the girl's eyes.
"Can it really be you, Atem?" whispered Seania, her voice catching the commander's ear
"Didnt I just explain to you that you must hold your tongue you street rat," spat the commander coldly as he struck the poor girl. Her cheek stung with pain as she fell to the ground again.
Atem gasped as his eyes widened. He rose immediately and rushed down the small flight of steps to her. He glanced up at the guards and shouted, "Stop this at once! "The commander was speechless, as he froze in disbelief at the Pharaoh's sudden outburst.
"I'll take no more of this. Untie this woman now! I dont want you anywhere near her or her family. Is that understood?" ordered the Pharaoh.
"But your lordship I-"  he was cut off by Atem who shot his hand up in silence.
"I don't want to hear anything from you commander. You have orders and I wish that you'd follow them," answered Atem, watching his commander scramble to untie Seania's bindings.
She got up and rubbed her wrists. The girl looked up at Atem and backed away slowly still in shell shock. Atem crouched down and reached a hand out, but Seania turned around and fled with mixed emotions of happiness, sadness, and confusion in her eyes.
"Wait Seania, come back," but Atem never finished. He sighed and sat back down on his throne. The commander still wide-eyed from the earlier outburst shook it off and boldly confronted the Pharaoh.
"My lordship, what do you want me to do now that the girl is gone?" asked the commander. Atem just sat rubbing his forehead in frustration. He looked at the open doors and sighed again.
"Just go back and train your men or whatever you were doing," answered Atem as he waved the soldiers away.
"Oh Ra, what am I going to do?"

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MinazukiTekai on February 9, 2010, 9:46:31 AM

MinazukiTekai on
MinazukiTekaiSo beautiful!! T_T

Dementor on February 9, 2010, 11:48:52 AM

Dementor on
DementorThank you sooooooo much!!!!!! Your kind words have inspired me to continue onward!!! *begins typing next chapter*

^_^

MinazukiTekai on February 23, 2010, 9:35:16 AM

MinazukiTekai on
MinazukiTekaiAwesomeness!!! OMEGA SUPAH AWESOME!!!

MinazukiTekai on February 23, 2010, 9:33:45 AM

MinazukiTekai on
MinazukiTekaiAwesomeness!!! OMEGA SUPAH AWESOME!!!

katieXatem on January 4, 2010, 6:52:55 PM

katieXatem on
katieXatemwow! amazing story!!! luv it!!!!!!

Dementor on January 5, 2010, 8:21:40 AM

Dementor on
DementorThank you so much!!!! Just because you said that and you actually read it. (hopefully) I'll try to update it because they're so much more to the story. So much more conflict and romance and action and stuff. ^~

^_^