Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Beyond the Shoreline

Wallace, the most powerful gym leader in Hoenn, sees a rare phenomenon. He is compelled by the mystery of the beauty within the ocean to go searching for something he never thought that he would want to search for.

Chapter 1 - Beyond the Shoreline

Chapter 1 - Beyond the Shoreline




It was lonely. For someone like him, life was very lonely. Owning a gym. Being Champion. Being a master of contest. But not only this, he was an artist; an artist distracted by his emotions. It was becoming hard to focus on anything lately. The love he had for his Pokémon, and the love his Pokémon had for him, was just something he couldn't live without. However, he was in need of some other type of love. Sure, he had the admiration of all his fan-girls (including a few fan-boys), but it was just something that depressed him on the inside. Granted, he would greet them all with smiles and oblige when they asked for an autograph, a picture, or even a hug on some occasion. He had many girls who wanted to be with him, though he longed for a girl who didn't see him the way they did.

Those girls only saw his looks, as gorgeous as he was. They only saw his strength and beauty. They didn't see him for his personality; what he thought. In fact, he could utter any nonsense he wanted and those girls would probably melt on spot. He didn't want that—he wasn't even interested in that (although on some occasion, it would amuse him). At first he enjoyed it when he had so many adoring fans. Even now, it kept him from going completely insane when he was feeling alone. But lately they've become more obsessive. Every time he won a new contest, it seemed more girls would follow him. Wallace even found himself unable to take a simple stroll on the beach without a herd of girls running towards him out of nowhere. Wallace was beginning to think that they must have been some type of ninja stalkers. He rarely had any time to himself these days, and he couldn't go anywhere without everyone knowing who he was.

A sigh fell from his thin lips as he leaned against the trailing that traced the cliff's edge. It was a rather long drop; at the bottom there was nothing but the soft sand of the shore. Out a ways, there was the ocean; the beautiful ocean that glittered in the moon's gentle rays. It was almost as if the soft light was caressing the slow moving waves. It brought ease to Wallace's mind. For him, water had always been a sanctuary. He loved it and the Pokémon who resided within in it.

The pale beams radiating from that orb in the sky was reflecting not just off the water, but also from the strong man who was slouched over the metal railing. Turquoise hair glimmered incredulously, almost looking silver. The city slept; there was no one out to witness the glorious view known to be Wallace. He wouldn't have it any other way at this point. Right now, he was relaxed. There was a cool breeze gently caressing Wallace's skin. What he enjoyed about it was that it was so faint, not so cold that he needed a jacket. The breeze felt nice against his hot skin. This is how it was in Lilycove; hot during the day and cool at night. Lilycove wasn't like his home back in Sootopolis. Sootopolis had much more water, being located in the middle of the ocean. Lilycove was next to the ocean, but now Wallace was experiencing a sort of homesickness.

Getting caught up in his own little day dreams, Wallace blinked himself back to reality when he spotted a creature moving gracefully in the dark waters in the distance. It moved with such grace that Wallace could have sworn it was his Milotic. In fact, this creature was a Milotic, but it couldn't be his. No, Wallace was sure it wasn't his; his Milotic was safe in her Pokéball. But who else would have a Milotic? Wallace's sea-green eyes scanned the water, even the beach, for what would look like a human's shape in the darkness. There was no one. Wallace frowned at his lack of sight, but continued to slowly observe the shore in front of him. From the distance he was standing, Wallace heard the water's surface break. Immediately, his head snapped and he seen a dark shape; long hair and a slender form. Wallace's mind wanted to believe it was a mermaid, but there was no such thing, was there? The Milotic was rubbing its cheek kindly against this figure's face. It seemed very happy. Wallace wanted to find out who or what this dark figure was.

Wallace's eyes moved and spotted the walk way down the cliff, leading to the beach. A soft smirk laced his lips; an adventure. It excited Wallace. With a graceful stride, the tall man made his way down to the beach. His shoes kept sticking to the sand, but this didn't bother the young man. No, he was too determined to discover who this person and this Milotic was. Walking closer, Wallace could almost make out the girl before him. Though, it was still hard to make out the details of her appearance. She didn't even seem to notice his presence as he made his way closer to her. Wallace was so close now; he was beginning to walk into the water until he was finally close enough for the angle of the moon to brilliantly reflect off the woman's skin.

She was pale, almost pasty. Her hair was very long and dark—black, perhaps? She looked mysterious, but beautiful. Her face held a heart shape while her eyes had a bit of an almond shape to them. They seemed dark too within the night. Wallace felt his heart beat a bit faster; who was this girl? Why hadn't she noticed him yet? Could it be that he was only dreaming?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment