Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - chapter 2

Devin's life is simple. Attend the private school her parents put her in, follow the rules set by her friends. Its not until she discovers something about herself that it all changes. Will she find acceptence? bad discription
rating subject to change...

Chapter 3 - chapter 2

Chapter 3 - chapter 2
Chapter 2
"Devi!" was all the warning i got before a blonde blur tackled me.

Hey Claire. You sure are awake this morning.” I sighed separating myself from her quickly.

“Thanks to the wonders of coffee.” The two fell into step as they walked downt he noisy hall towards their first class. “Ugh, did you get Mr. Tompson’s Chem homework? It was impossible.”

“Not really, it’s just solving a simple ratio after plugging in the right chemical structures. Its all about balance. He explained it in class, remember?” I glanced at my friend who met my eyes with a blank stare.

“You and your equations…” she mumbled, crossing her arms and putting on her best pout. “I mean, its not like I was listening anyway…”

I sighed, “I’ll show you later, okay?” meaning I would do it for her, as she and I both knew.

Claire perked up, “I knew there was a reason to keep you around.”

“You mean besides my body?” I struck a pose.

“Oh, yeah baby! That too! Let’s not forget your cooking skills and…” The roar of the halls soon drowned out Claire’s voice as students rushed to class.

I found myself watching her, taking in her features as Claire ran a hand through her long honey blonde hair. It looked like silk as it fell neatly back into place. She smiled at me, revealing her perfect teeth. I felt my heart speed up as my eyes traveled down her face, past her bee kissed lips and to her neck. The creamy white skin almost calling to me, “It’s perfect, just like the rest her.” I found myself thinking as my eyes continued downward.

“Devin? Earth to Devin? What are you looking at?” Claire snapped her fingers in my face, snapping out of my trance, I felt myself flush as I looked away.

“Sorry, spaced out…” I mumbled, ashamed I had been thinking those thoughts again. Claire looked at me for a second and the warning bell rang.

“Oh, cmon! I cant be late again…” Claire grabbed my hand, sending warm sparks up my arm, and took off down the hall. “Out of the way! Girls on a mission!” she giggled, weaving through the crowd.

“I can’t like her, I wont like her. I will not let myself think those thoughts. I just have to ignore them…” I thought forcefully to myself before pulling a smile for Claire and joining her in the yelling and giggling.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Claire, look when you are pouring that and where are those safety goggles!” Mr. Thompson’s nasally voice nearly shrieked across the room.

I turned just to see Claire jerk to attention and nearly spill all of her vial. “Hun, seriously, give that to me before you hurt yourself.” I took the vial.

“Sorry Dev, I got caught up in him again, I swear he was checking me out!” she squealed pointing at Matt Varner, the schools ‘hottest’ jock. I rolled my eyes, he was just another self-centered prick.

“Miss Lewis, how responsible of you to swoop in and save you and your partner’s grade.” Mr. Thompson appeared next to our table, giving Claire his signature half glare. “I hoped you wouldn’t mind adding another to your lab team, we seem to have a new student.” He gestured to the front of the class where I saw the guy from the bus this morning investigating Mr. Thompson’s desk, nonchalantly.

“Sure, Mr. Thompson. The more, the merrier.” I pulled a fake smile and felt Claire stiffen a little.

“Wonderful!” Mr. Thompson shuffled off.

“Devin! Why’d you say yes? That guy looks like a burn out dork! He’s just not cool…” Claire whined.

“Yeah, I know he’s not exactly cool looking, but hey many of your friends think that I’m a dork too. Besides I’m not exactly going to tell a teacher ‘no’ and it would be nice to have some help on the labs.” I explained to her.

“I can help!” She demanded. I gave her a look and she sulked in defeat. “Ok, you’re right.”

“Well hello ladies.” The guy plopped down in the stool next to Claire, making her almost fall out of her stool. “What’s happening, princess?” he gave me this goofy smirk. Claire raised her eyebrow at me and I rolled my eyes. I was not going to give into his need for a reaction.

“Here, read over the procedure and then help us get to work.” I slid my print out at him.

“All business again I see?” he leaned over to Claire. “Tell me, does she always have a stick up her @$$?”

“I do not. Now read.” I pulled Claire with me over to the scales.

“Ew, do you know him? Omigosh! Do you LIKE him!?!” of course she would jump to the conclusion.

“Not in the least, we met on the bus this morning…he’s a dick…” I grumbled, measuring out more chemicals. We ignored the new guy and worked around him. Before long we were back to giggling and having fun.

I was enjoying half listening to Claire’s gossip as she was stroking my hair. I was working on some questions while pushing aside the guilt I was feeling and just enjoying being around her. Gavin had remained out of our hair, doing what we asked without extra grief but I couldn’t help but feel that he was only doing it for some underlying evil cause.

“So I have a question for you ladies.” He leaned casually next to use on the counter.

Claire, being Miss Popular, was trying to tolerate him. She wrapped her arm around my waist, making me fidget with my pencil. I felt his eyes on me so I dropped the pencil. “Shoot” I heard Claire say.

“ Are you to like…together? I mean I don’t think I could buy best friends being quiet as close as you two without there being some action on the side.” His eyes twinkled with curiosity. I felt myself go red.

“Ew! As if, we aren’t dykes. We are best friends, but more than that. We are like sisters. We could never even consider doing anything disgusting like that.” Claire laughed. I felt myself go from the deep blush to pale white. I could feel involuntary tears fighting to be released from my eyes. His eyes were still on me, reading every response. Damn it, now he knows. He knows the dirty thoughts I have to keep buried away in the deep crevices of my mind. I faintly heard Claire say “Right, Devi?”

“Right, that’d be totally gross.” I glared at him only to find his returning gaze to be full of pity and concern, this only angered me more and I returned to my work.

After class, I waited for Claire to get her things together. “Can you believe he asked us that?” she giggled despite the slight offended tone in her voice.

I shifted on my feet uncomfortably. “Yeah, I would just forget about it. We only have to deal with him for a little, don’t let him get to you.” I wanted the subject dropped and forgotten as soon as possible.

“You are so right, Devin. What do I care what a nobody new guy thinks of me? I’ve got more important things to worry about. Like Saturday night! The Boyer’s are having a party…” And she was off, plotting and planning out how to have the perfect party experience. I felt myself relax slightly as we slipped into the halls and off to our next class.


((im really beginning to hate how short my chapters are but cant seem to make them go longer..they look so much longer in word documents...))

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Spazz on January 13, 2009, 8:30:38 AM

Spazz on
SpazzTT^TT

Cutting it off already?

I WANT MOOOOOOOOORE!

This was an amazing chapter. And... the next chapter NEEDS to be up sometime soon, so...

You get my drift, ne?

mangacheese1818 on December 29, 2008, 12:39:24 AM

mangacheese1818 on
mangacheese1818I'm interested, going to fave you so I can see the next update :)

Just a suggestion, maybe you could combine a few chapters together to make them longer?