Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Hydrangea

This is the story of Koizumi, a young ninja who has awoken from a long, long sleep and fallen in love with a dashing (and cute!) young rock star. :3

Chapter 2 - Hydrangea

Chapter 2 - Hydrangea
Yaaaayyyy Passions! If anybody who is ready this wants to help me design the members of Hydrangea, please let me know. (Yes, I am aware that the members of SID are hot and perfect as the four members of Hydrangea, but they are only people whom I based the characters off of. And the band name comes from their song, Ajisai, which means Hydrangea.)
I was not as enthusiastic about this mission as Misaki was. In fact, because of my reaction to their promotional video, I was actually dreading it. Even worse than the fact that I had a strange reaction to the video was the fact that I was assigned to guard the lead singer, Nazo-san. As we rode into Tokyo in a small car, I looked over the papers Master Yoshida had given me to try and find the mistake that put me with this guy.
Name: Nazo-san
Position: Lead singer
Hair color: strawberry blonde
Eye color: golden brown
Age: 29
Birthday: October 23 (Why I needed to know that, I do not know.)
Photo:

“What are you doing, Koizumi-san?” Misaki asked as I fumbled through my paperwork.
“I’m familiarizing myself with the information,” I answered flatly.
“Oh, I see.”
“May I see your paperwork, Misaki?”
“Ummmm, alright….”
She handed me her paperwork, and I closely examined it the same way I examined my own. To my dismay, both were completely flawless.
Name: Yuusuke-san
Position: Drummer
Hair Color: black with faint blonde highlights
Eye color: brown
Age: 25
Birthday: December 9
Photo:

I was desperate; I had to find a mistake somewhere. Junichiro looked at me from the front passenger seat.
“Koizumi-sempai, is everything alright?” he asked with concern.
“I need Kureno’s paperwork,” I demanded.
“A-a-alright.” He handed me Kureno’s paperwork, and Kureno looked away from the road just long enough to glare at Junichiro.
Back then, I thought that Kureno did not like to talk much, because he was shy. What I read in his paperwork surprised me quite a bit. They said that he was assigned to Taiki-san, because he was the strongest member of our team, and Taiki-san was in the most danger. I was rendered speechless by this. I couldn’t believe that someone as shy as Kureno could be so powerful.
Anyway, the rest of his paperwork was quite unhelpful. It was just as perfect as Misaki’s and mine.
Name: Taiki-san
Position: Bassist
Hair Color: Black with blonde highlights in his bangs or golden blonde (it varies)
Eye Color: brown
Age: 25
Birthday: February 3
Photo:

I was starting to feel discouraged. It seemed that there was no mistaking it. I was stuck with Nazo-san. I seized Junichiro’s paperwork. In my hands was my last chance at finding even the slightest imperfection. All at once, my chances were brought down to none. Junichiro’s paperwork was indeed flawless.
Name: Yamada-san
Position: Guitarist
Hair Color: black or brown depending on the day
Eye Color: dark brown
Age: 27
Birthday: February 8
Photo:

The four of them were scheduled to play at the Nippon Budokan in central Tokyo in the week that followed our arrival. Master Yoshida told us this would be the night that the Shinigami would most likely choose as their night of attack. The prime suspects in this mystery were the three members of the heavy metal band, Bloody Petals. Those three were about the scariest looking band I’d ever seen.
As our car rolled into the parking lot, my heart sunk. I was thinking of how my heart would soon be broken. Oh well, at least I would look good doing it. I was very happy with the clothes we had been given. I had been given worn out blue jeans with holes in the knees and a dark red, sleeveless zip up shirt with a hood. Misaki and I both wore high-heeled Chuck Taylors as well.
“Where are we meeting them?” Misaki asked excitedly.
Junichiro spoke up, “In Taiki-san’s suite…the scene of the crime.”
“Would you please stop trying to sound dramatic?” I groaned.
“What’s with you, Koizumi-sempai? I thought you were excited about finally having a mission after ten years of being dead.”
“Yeah, I was until Misaki saw our clients.”
“She’ll get over it.”
I let out a long, loud sigh, fixed my hair, and opened the car door. I slowly slipped the guitar, which was given to me to complete my ensemble, onto my back, and slowly walked into the hotel with my teammates. Oh, what a mess!
I didn’t see any of the hotel lobby…save for the floor. I didn’t want my teammates to see the look of fear that showed on my face. Thankfully, I was able to make it disappear before we reached the elevator. By the time we were standing at the door of Taiki-san’s suite, any sign of fear or nervousness had disappeared from my façade.
I slowly opened the door and the four of them were sitting right there. They looked exactly the same as they had in the pictures, well, except for Taiki-san. In his picture, the number of piercing he had on his face was not as apparent as it was in person. To tell the truth, I hadn’t even noticed any in the picture.
Junichiro elbowed my side, “Konichiwa!”
The one who I thought must be Yuusuke-san looked at us with confusion, “Who…?”
Taiki-san elbowed Yuusuke-san much like Junichiro had just done to me, “The bodyguards, Yuusuke.”
Yuusuke-san laughed. “Konichiwa, bodyguards!” Then he stood, bowed several times, and smiled. He had a very sweet smile.
Yuusuke-san actually seemed like an incredibly sweet and funny person. His hair was black, but there were no faint blonde highlights. Instead, he had one small strand of hair hanging just off his shoulder that was dyed bright red. I also noticed that he was visibly more muscular than the other three.
Misaki’s eyes lit up, “Yuusuke-san?”
“Hai!” He bowed again.
“So, you’re the body I’ll be guarding. I’m Misaki.” She held out her hand and he shook it.
The next one to stand up was Taiki-san.
Kureno came forward, “Taiki-san?”
He nodded.
“Kureno…” he didn’t hold out his hand or even look at him.
Taiki-san blinked, “I’m sorry if I’ve offended you, Kureno-san.”
Misaki forced Kureno to shake hands with Taiki-san. “Don’t let him bother you. Kureno-sempai is just shy.”
I spoke up, “Misaki, I don’t think shy is the right term.”
It was then that I realized that it wasn’t “the four of them”. Every male eye in the room was fixed on me, and none of them belonged to Nazo-san. The one whom I figured must be Yamada-san was talking quietly to himself and thought I couldn’t hear him.
“Hmmm, all that is left is the hot girl and the nerd. I hope I don’t get the nerd,” he whispered.
I rolled my eyes, “Yamada-san, this is Junichiro. He gets nervous sometimes.” I pushed Junichiro forward.
He bowed, “Konichiwa.”
“I have such bad luck,” Yamada-san mumbled to himself.
“Ummm, excuse me. Where is Nazo-san?” I asked, looking around the room once more.
Yuusuke-san let out a small chuckle, “That was quite horrible timing on his part, wasn’t it?”
He made his way over to the bathroom, and Misaki walked over to me.
“Koizumi-sempai, you got the cute one,” she whispered close to my ear.
I rolled my eyes again. Then I heard Yuusuke-san whisper into the bathroom, “Nazo-kun, your bodyguard is hot.”
I heard Nazo-san giggle in the bathroom, and the door opened. At that moment, I looked at Nazo-san for the very first time. He was wearing a cute little hat with sunglasses sitting on the top. His eyes were red, and he looked as if he hadn’t slept for days. Moments after he walked into the room I realized that I had a smile on my face, and I quickly hid it before anyone noticed. Nazo-san scratched the back of his head, “Konichiwa….uhhh….”
“It’s Koizumi,” I said quickly, holding my hand out.
“Nice to meet you.” he looked at my hand confusedly for a moment and then shook it.
Yamada-san turned away from the rest of us, “So, now that we’re all introduced…”
The four of them exchanged glances, and the three that were standing sat down. I could see that they were trying to figure out which one of us was going to do all the talking. Yuusuke-san offered a seat to Misaki and I. he seemed like quite the gentleman. I hoped the others would be the same.
“We have questions that need answering,” Taiki-san said, looking at each of us.
I smiled and looked up at the ceiling, “Ask away and we will try our best to give you the answers you are looking for.”
“What were those things?!” He automatically turned serious and started having a panic attack.
“You mean the things that attacked you? Those were death gods or, as you might know them, Shinigami.”
“I thought Shinigami didn’t exist.”
“They do exist, but it took quite a while for people to find out about them.”
“If I hadn’t seen them myself, I wouldn’t believe you.”
I laughed. “We get that a lot.”
Nazo-san turned to me with a look of confusion on his face, “Do you have missions like this often?”
“It’s our specialty.”
“Ah, I see.”
Junichiro stepped forward away from his spot on the wall.
“I don’t mean to interrupt or anything, but it’s getting late, and I remember reading that you have a practice tomorrow morning,” he said quietly.
“Ah, he’s right, we do,” Yamada-san, sighed, getting up.

Aki! Aki is Taiki-san. I think he has a really sweet face. (but he has a piercing on his nipple? :0)

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

TheChainheartMachine on July 14, 2010, 8:01:35 AM

TheChainheartMachine on
TheChainheartMachineHeh. Nice. Loved the briefing part at the beginning. Introduces the characters ahead of time. Very great for this type of story.

I like it so far. Will read more when I can