Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Day 1 with Nazo-san

This is the story of Koizumi, a young ninja who has awoken from a long, long sleep and fallen in love with a dashing (and cute!) young rock star. :3

Chapter 3 - Day 1 with Nazo-san

Chapter 3 - Day 1 with Nazo-san
Chapter 3 of Passions-Day 1 with Nazo-san. (Emi-chan cannot separate this into days. Day 3 is waaaaay too long. XD)

I rose with the others, and followed Nazo-san to his room. He didn’t look at me or even acknowledge my existence as he walked silently through the hall. I was starting to feel nervous again. He appeared to be quite nervous as well. As soon as the door closed completely, he turned to me and started to speak, but I interrupted him.
“I want to get my little speech over with before anything else is said,” I said loudly.
A look of embarrassment spread across his face, and his cheeks turned a light shade of pink.
“Oh, a-alright. Go ahead,” he stuttered as he stuck his hands in his pockets and looked at the floor.
“Why don’t you make yourself comfortable? You look a little tense.”
“I’m fine.”
“If you say so…Well, the first and probably the most important item of discussion is that of secrets. There can be no secrets. Even something you think is completely trivial could make the biggest impact on your life.”
“Got it. Is there anything else?”
“Well, would you rather I stay out in the open or make myself invisible?”
“Considering the circumstances…umm…I think it would be better if you stayed out in the open.” He nearly made the last word sound like a question.
I laughed darkly, “I suppose they would attack you either way since we’re dealing with Shinigami.”
“Uhhh…” he paused.
I looked up at him curiously. “Yes?”
“Back in Taiki-kun’s room….did you…have a strange feeling…”
“Not a single one….why do you ask?”
“You just seemed sort of confused.”
“I did not.” My words were flat and emotionless. They appeared to be turning him off which was what they were intended to do.
“Whatever…”
“Aren’t you supposed to be sleeping?”
“What about you?” he questioned.
“The second I fall asleep is the second I’m needed…I don’t sleep.”
“I’m not tired.” He folded his arms across his chest.
“I don’t get paid enough for this,” I mumbled inaudibly.
“Huh?”
“Nothing…”
“I’m going to take a shower.”
“Have fun.”
Within seconds, he was in the bathroom. It seemed like he half slammed the door. He was frustrated…I could tell. At the time, I didn’t know exactly why, but I had a few guesses.
“Damn…” I said aloud after I heard the shower start.
Somehow, he knew I was lying. He didn’t even know me, but he knew I was lying. For a split second, just the thought that he knew I was lying made me question the laws that had been laid down for us entities. We were never truly free. We were not permitted to love or make friends with mortal humans. It seemed like the best way for us to live.
As I questioned it, I had a vision of my past. I remembered talking with my grandfather while watching a princess movie. I was five years old at the time. “When will I fall in love?” I had asked him. He answered me with a sweet smile, saying, “You will meet a person who, though you don’t know him at all, you trust with your soul. You would feel comfortable telling him anything.” though his friends often teased him, I believed that my grandfather was a genius. He was absolutely right, but I did not want him to be right this time. I decided that I was going to fight this for as long as I possibly could. There was no way I was going to break out sacred law.
“Koizumi-san!”
I sprang back to life and jumped to my feet. I had fallen asleep. Nazo-san was standing before me in nothing but a towel…I didn’t look.
“I thought you didn’t sleep,” he laughed.
“Put some clothes on!” I commanded quickly.
My command was forceful enough to send him scampering into the bedroom. When he came back in, he was clothed decently. I started to speak before he had a chance to open his mouth.
“I wasn’t sleeping,” I said in my same, flat voice. Right after I spoke, I wished I hadn’t.
“It looked like you were sleeping to me,” he stated.
“I was having a vision. Whenever we come upon a situation which requires prior knowledge, we regain memories of the past.”
“That’s quite interesting.” He waited for me to continue.
“I’m not telling you anything more.”
“Very well…I’m going to bed.”
“That’s very nice.”
He went back into the bedroom, half slamming the door again. This was the beginning of a very uneventful night. There was no sign of our Shinigami assassins anywhere. To pass the time I thought of my grandfather. I don’t think I ever called him Grandfather on time in my life. He had a nickname, but, at the time, I couldn’t seem to remember what it was. The thought that I couldn’t remember it bothered me all night.

Yuya-kun aka Yuusuke-san. XD XD XD You can't tell it from the picture, but Yuya-san is a big goofball.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment