Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Chapter 7

THIS IS MY FURBIE STORY. unfortunately, i dont own Furuba, and if anyone has any problems with this story i will delete it AGAIN, it is only back by popular demand. My character, Kuroumo, replaces Rin.

Chapter 8 - Chapter 7

Chapter 8 - Chapter 7


“Ummmm…this is Kakuro, a, ummmmm…friend?” Kyo stuttered.



I looked at him, hoping to bore some sense into his skull. I knew all too well that she wasn't just a “friend”. I put on a brave smile, “I'm pleased to meet you, I am Kuroumo, Kyo-chan's cousin.”



“I am pleased to meet you too, Sohma-san,” the girl greeted me brightly. Her brown hair falling lightly around her shoulders, she smiled brightly up at me, her brown eyes shining happily in the warm light of the café. I looked at Kyo, and he to looked happy, at least for him. I couldn't help but smile at him. I punched him playfully on the shoulder, and he fell off his chair, “What would Kagura say if she could see you now?”



“Kagura, who's Kagura? You have another girlfriend? I don't believe you could do this to me, how could you?” Kakuro became all flustered.



I placed my hand on her shoulder, “Kagura is another cousin. Don't worry. It is nothing.”



“Hmmm, yes, nothing,” Kyo blushed, and glared at me.



I quickly finished my drink, draining my mug, before standing up again. “Je sors,” Kyo had also stood up, and I leant slowly towards him, “Be careful,” I whispered in his ear. I pulled on my winter clothes once more, and walked out of the café, into the freezing fog.



I walked into the small bookstore, and walked straight over to the music books. I knew exactly what I was looking for. I picked up the book and let my hand run over its smooth cover, reading the words on the cover,



Chansons Des Reves

Par Sohma Kuroumo

The cover was intricately decorated with flowers and butterflies. I walked over to the counter and purchased the book, even though I already owned the original manuscript. This was something I could frame, the first time my music had ever been published.

*****



I sat on y sofa, curled up in a small ball, watching the early morning television, the American shows. I was licking a spoon that had previously been coated in fromage frais, one of my favourite foods. As the show ended and the theme tune came on, I uncurled my legs, and stood up, walking into my bedroom. Today was when Shigure was taking me out for the day, and I was going to decide what to wear.



Reaching into my wardrobe I pulled out a heavy kimono, that was a pale blue and embroidered with flowers and humming birds. As I pulled it on, I shivered, though not from the cold. I walked back into my living room, en route to the kitchen, and jumped, having seen my brother sitting on my sofa. I regarded him nervously, “Akito-san, what are you doing here?”



“Nothing. I was bored, so I came to see what you were doing today.”



“I'm going out with Shigure, for the day. It's all been arranged.”



“Well unarranged it.”



“What? What do you mean?”



“I mean, I am bored, and I am ordering you to spend time with me, and entertain me.”



“You are ordering me? You have no right to order me about. I have a life you know, and I intend to live it.”



“You will stay with me, or else.



“Or else what, Akito, you'll pull my hair? You'll tell Daddy? Why can't you leave me alone?”



Quick as a flash Akito had got to his feet, and was standing directly in front of me. He grabbed me by both wrists and forced me up against the wall. “How many times have I asked you not to be indolent towards me? How many? And still you are. You have not learned yet.” He let go of on wrist and slapped me sharply across the face. “You will learn to treat me the respect that I deserve. I am no longer your brother, but the head of the family. What I say must be done. My word is law, you got that?”



I looked him in the eye, my pain and rage showing in my face. He became even more enraged by this, and dragged me across the room, and into his home. I was nearly in tears. He threw me down, and I hit the table with my leg, falling to the ground in pain, I looked up at him. “What are you going to do now? Kill me?” He came over and kicked me hard, “Maybe,” he said through gritted teeth. I groaned in pain. Then I remembered that I hadn't taken my medication last night or this morning. I was in deep shoot. If he went any further he really might kill me.



He pulled me to my feet again, and dragged me to a dark room, void of furniture. “You will not be going out today. You will not be going out tomorrow. You will be staying in here.”



I lay crying, feeling ill and in great pain. The two days passed slowly and painfully, with me fighting for consciousness. As tiredness washed over me, I would black out, and then come to, feeling worse than ever. I lay in my own vomit, and wished that my life would truly end.



The second day ended, at least I though it did, and still no one came to free me. I had not eaten or drunk, or even been to a proper toilet for over 36 hours, and still I was left. I was dying, slowly.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lanathae on September 22, 2005, 4:29:04 PM

Lanathae on
Lanathaehahahaha Akito is acting really spoilt, it's so funny!!!