Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Chapter 11

THIS IS MY FURBIE STORY. unfortunately, i dont own Furuba, and if anyone has any problems with this story i will delete it AGAIN, it is only back by popular demand. My character, Kuroumo, replaces Rin.

Chapter 13 - Chapter 11

Chapter 13 - Chapter 11


I soaked in the bath, thinking about my new horse, who was happily eating in the small paddock nearby. I could understand him so well. It was nearly time for the kids to come home from school, after their first day back. I wallowed under water, thinking about the great day I had enjoyed. I closed my eyes momentarily, and let the happy images run through my head, when I opened them again, I nearly had a heart attack, due to the fact That Shigure's face was looming over me. I was so mad; I could've slapped him.



“What do you want?” I demanded instead.



“Is that anyway to treat me? I just bought you a horse, after all.”



“Then they are paying you too much to do nothing.”



“I don't do nothing!”



“Pfuit, whatever.”



“I really don't. Anyhow, you have now distracted me, my love, and put me off course. Oh yes, I remember,” the idiot was once again talking to himself, “I was wanting to have a bath with, no, no,” I gave him and evil look, “I'm kidding. I joke, I joke. No. I've totally forgotten what I wanted.”



“What you wanted, dear COUSIN was to perve on me. Numbskull.” I pulled my self out of the bath, and put my hand out for a towel, and waited whilst he took his time passing one to me. When I had finally covered myself, I walked towards him, seductively, and moved my face closer to his. He smiled gently, and then grimaced in pain, as I kicked him hard in the shin, and punched him in the stomach. “Go back to your hentai, pervert!”



“OWOWOWOWOW! Ku, you're such a bully! Ku you're…” he then proceeded to follow me around the house, telling me how mean I was, even persisting whilst I changed into a blouse and jeans. He finally shut up when we heard the door open, and three sets of feet storm in. As we walked down to the front room, Gure still muttering, only quietly to himself, we could sense the anger omitting from the room.



“Good day?” Gure asked.



“No,” Yuki was first to answer.



“Why not? Wasn't it fun having Haru and the most charming little Momiji come to school with you?” I was next to speak.



Kyo gave me a withering look.



“So what happened?”



“Akito. That's what happened. Akito came to school, and threatened Miss Honda.”



“He did what?” I was shaking uncontrollably, and randomly sat down in the middle of the room. The others just looked at me, and continued their conversation. I sat there; looking completely dazed, and only returned to my senses when Kyo, in a great rage, tripped over me. He stood up again, and swearing, stormed off to the roof.



When everyone had calmed down a little bit, Yuki walked in, and sat down next to me. “Are you ok?”



I looked at him, started, “Yes, yes. I should be. Just ignore me. Being stupid. Heh. Are YOU ok?”



“Yes,” he smiled sadly.



He stood up, and then helped me to stand. As we stood there, I though how like his brother he was to look like, but how different in personality. I envy the girl who he will one day tell her he loves. I spoke quietly, and earnestly, “I'm going to bed. I don't feel well. Don't worry about it, its nothing. It's just my old age.”



I walked off, leaving a puzzled Yuki behind. He stood there for a few minutes, before shaking his head, and walking in the direction of Shigure's study. As he entered without knocking, Gure looked up, “Yuki-kun, to what do I owe the pleasure of such a visit?”



“Isn't it Kuro's birthday tomorrow?”



“Ummmm…is it? I can't remember.” He picked up the phone and dialled Aaya's number quickly, “Hi…Aaya-chan…yes…its MEEEEEEE…hello!!!” Shigure glanced up at yuki, and noticed his serious expression, “Ummmm…yes…anyway, do you know when Kuro's birthday is? Because Yuki thinks it is tomorrow?…Aaya…hello? Aaya?”



A resounding shout was heard down the phone, “YUKIIIIIII…BROTHER DEAREST IT IS I!!!!!!”



Yuki pushed his hand on the button, and disconnected the phone, as Shigure quietly wet himself laughing. He then dialled again, only this time a little more seriously. “Hello Hari-san! It is I, your dear cousin and friend, requesting your services…ok…when's Kuro's birthday? Oh, so it IS tomorrow?…ok then…no…of course I forgot…ok…bye-bye.” He turned to YUKI, “It IS tomorrow.”



“I got that.”



Meanwhile, I had gone up to my room, and instead of changing, I collapsed onto my bed, exhausted by the emotions I had felt during the day. I quickly fell into a deep and troubling sleep.





“KUROUMO, I hope you are being nice to your brother!”



“I am, I promise. I'll always be nice to my brother, for he is my little brother, and I love him.” The little girl took the little boy's hand, and smiled sweetly up at her mother, “see mommy, I am looking after him.” Her mother didn't look, but smiled, “That's nice Honey.”



The little boy grinned, evilly, and wrenched his hand away. He then pushed her over, and she landed, with a thud, on the floor. Her mother then turned around. “Oh, Akito, my darling! Are you all right? Did you hurt yourself?” The little boy allowed his mother to pick him up, and as she cuddled him to her, he glared at his older sister over their mother's shoulder. She sat there, and felt the tears stream down her face. She sat there all day. No one had remembered, again. No one cared.











“Mommy, can I go to school,” she stood, quite tall even at the age of twelve, “Mommy, can I got to High School, please. I want to go to school with my cousins. Please.”



“No, Kuroumo. How many times must I tell you? You can't. You wouldn't cope, you'd get sick and then I would have to spend my time looking after you. I need to look after Akito, he is younger.”



“But mom…”



“NO buts. That's it. Final!”









She lay on her bed, dealing with puberty, quietly, and by herself. No one warned her about this. She didn't know her own body. She wanted someone to care. But no one ever came. Nobody minded. She touched her face gently, and winced in pain as she felt the wounds from the previous day, “What happened?” everyone had asked. But Akito, even at seven, answered for her, “She walked into that dumb cherry blossom tree she loves so much. She loves it more than anything else in the world. She's so stupid.”



But that never happened; it wasn't her tree's fault. Akito had done it. But no one believed her. “I HATE YOU!” she screamed at no one. “I HATE YOU ALL! I HATE YOU ALL SO MUCH!” She grabbed the books that Hatori had leant her, and threw them at the door, watching them fall to the floor, and break.



The door slid open, and Shigure walked in, “Ku, are you ok?”



“Do I look ok? I don't feel ok. But I don't need your help. I don't need anyone's help. I can cope by myself, just leave me alone!” She sank off the bed and onto the floor, her head in her hands, murmuring to herself. He walked over and sat beside her, speaking gently, “You might not need my help, but I'll give it just in case. I'll always be here, just in case.”







I woke up, sweating in fear. Those memories, coming back now. I rolled over and noticed that it was only four in the morning. Four in the morning on this, my twenty-sixth birthday. Not that anyone had remembered. They never did. Not from when I was seven. Now from when Akito was born. I stood up, and quietly walked out of the room, softly going down the stairs until I reached Shigure's bedroom door. I quietly opened it, and walked in, trying no to wake him. As I lifted up his bed covers, he came into semi-consciousness, but said nothing, only moved to give me some space. I climbed in beside him, and comforted myself, by lying deep in his arms, throughout the remainder of the night.




Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lanathae on November 8, 2005, 2:12:02 AM

Lanathae on
Lanathaehmm, from total boredom of having no one to talk to on msn cos your all at pearent teacher interviews and shoot, i have actually resurted to reading your story... god damnit >