Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - Chapter 16

THIS IS MY FURBIE STORY. unfortunately, i dont own Furuba, and if anyone has any problems with this story i will delete it AGAIN, it is only back by popular demand. My character, Kuroumo, replaces Rin.

Chapter 20 - Chapter 16

Chapter 20 - Chapter 16


Once again I found myself resting my head against the cool glass of a train window, but this time I was not full of dread or anxiety. This time I was filled with exultance and expectance. For the other day Shigure had returned from town, with a large announcement. “We're all going on holiday!”



We had hurriedly packed, and prepared for our journey to the Sohma summerhouse, only realising afterwards that there wouldn't be enough space for all of us in the car (as Ha'ri was coming also). It was quickly agreed that I would go by train. I chatted happily in the car as Hatori drove me to the station, and saw me off. I would have to wait at the other end, but I would cope.



I hoped they had all managed ok in the car, because I knew how annoying Shigure could get on long journeys, or how annoying he could get full stop, seeing as he would just sit and yap and get thoroughly overexcited, extremely annoying Ha'ri, and also Yuki and Kyo.



I took my time alone to think about Kyo. He was a strange one, always never quite true, or so I felt. I recollected my meeting with him in the café, and the girl he was with, Kakuro. As I contemplated her, I felt something vibrating in my pocket, making me nearly jump out of the seat in shock. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, looking at the display screen to see the caller identity. Not recognising the number, I flipped it open and answered, “Hello?”



“Ummmm…Hi?! Is that Miss. Sohma?”



“Yes, this is Kuroumo Sohma. Who's calling?”



“My name is Kakuro, we met the other day? With Kyo?”



“Uh, yes, I remember. What can I do for you?”



“Can you help me?”



“Help you with what?”



“I just didn't know if Kyo liked me or not, and he is always being really distant and I really, really like him….” She gabbled away, and I spent some time reassuring her before she finally agreed with me, and hung up.



I looked once more out of the window, and saw that we were gradually getting closer to my destination. I stood up and looked for my baggage, preparing to get off. Luckily my bags had gone in the car, bar one bag that I carried with me, containing painting equipment. I climbed onto the platform and walked into the waiting room, as it was still quite cold out even though it was spring.



I sat there for what felt like hours, waiting for someone to come and pick me up. At last I heard the screech of breaks and I knew that for some weird reason Ha'ri had made the most awful mistake of letting Gure drive his car. A bad move.



I walked out of the waiting room and over to the black car that was waiting for me. However, instead of climbing into the passenger seat, I wrenched open the door on the driver's side, pulled Gure out and dragged him around to the boot, pushing him in once I had opened it, “Pets belong in the boot!” I then walked back around and climbed in behind the driver's seat, before driving smoothly in the direction of the Summerhouse. All I heard from the boot was one muffled phrase; “I love it when you play rough!”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment