Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Chapter 11

Yu-Gi-Oh story. I do not own yu-gi-oh, or any of the cahracters in this story, except Ana-Gaelle and Marc.

Chapter 11 - Chapter 11

Chapter 11 - Chapter 11


I called a cleaning firm. And they moved in, and treated the flat like a major war zone. By the end of the day, it was as clean as possible, and looked amazing for it. Honda didn't recognise his own apartment. We stayed there for the night, and it was only when I realised that I hadn't showered for a while, and I did actually need some clothes of mine, that I eventually went home, after beating Honda off me (not literally).



It was the 2nd January, and in a few days time it was my birthday. I had so far decided that I wanted to have a black tie, sit down dinner, at a fancy hotel, and afterwards I hoped that the hotel would have dancing. It was just my friends who were invited. The dinner was to start at eight, and then finish at, well, sometime. I had arranged for a white Rolls Royce to pick them all up, after picking me up first. I hoped it would be big enough.



I woke up early that morning, as I was going out to have my hair and nails done, and also my makeup. I needed to pick up my dress as well. I leafed through the post that morning, whilst waiting for the taxi. There were a few cards for me, from family around the world, and my dad. It was a short card, not too sweet either, but at least he had remembered. There was also a hefty check inside, which would be useful.



I arrived at the beauty salon at 9 o'clock, and left at 3. The car was coming at 6.30, giving me a few hours. I only needed to put my dress on, so decided to watch TV for a little bit. Which was then spoiled by Marc coming in. He wanted to give me a present, which consisted of a new pair of jods, and also a new saddle. It was black leather, and obviously worth a bomb. “Thank you so much,” I gushed, and would've continued had the doorbell not rung. I answered it and found it was a deliveryman, brandishing a huge bouquet of red roses. They looked beautiful. I took the card, and read it quickly,



To my Cinderella,

May she always come to the ball on time.



The doorbell rang again, and I went to answer it, still holding the huge bouquet. All I could see over the top of it was a mass of bubblegum blue curls. I moved the bouquet slightly, and shrieked with joy. “YUMIKO!”



Yumiko Akimota, one of my best friends. She was Australian-Japanese, and an old friend of the family. Our fathers had attended university together, and England, and our mothers had also known each other in Japan. We had often been on holiday to each others houses, and many a time she and I had got lost on mountains when skiing in the Pyrenees. She was one of my closest and oldest friends.



“What the hell are you doing here?”



“I came. Marc called. Let me in, its freezing.”



I hurriedly let her in, and led her through to the kitchen, so I could put my flowers in a vase.



“Who're they from?”



“My boyfriend.”



She nodded, “Well, don't you need to take me to your room, so we can get dressed, and ready?”



“Ok. All I need to do is put my dress on. I had my hair and makeup done this morning. Your hair is looking so cool!”



“I know.” She followed me up the stairs to my room, and as we changed we had a massive gossip about what we had been up to, as we had not seen each other for so long. I told her about all my friends who would be there that evening, and she laughed her head off when I told her about Honda. “He…sounds…like…a…prick!”



“Well, he might be a bit of a prick, but he is my prick.”



She smirked, and gave me an odd look.



I gasped as she pulled her dress out of a bag. It was a blue and black patterned bodice, which then came out into this beautiful blue skirt, with black netting over it to give it more volume. She did her hair up into a tight bun, and added a black choker to it, looking beautiful.



“You look gorgeous,” I told her.



“Don't go lezzy on me.”



I went into my wardrobe (walk in) and pulled out a dress bag. I removed it, and admired my dress. I had only seen it in the shop, and I hoped it would fit. I laid it down on the bed, while I carefully took off the top I had been wearing, and Miko helped me to put the dress on. It was a strapless red gown, that had a fitted bodice, and a flowing skirt, that was gathered up on my left hip, although still floor length, and seeming held there with a fabric rose. I pulled out a pair of red satin slippers, and carefully slid my small feet into them. I wore no jewellery, instead letting my neck show its own elegance.



My had already been twisted and curled into a beautiful style, by the crafty stylists, and it was pinned up slightly on one side, and still cascaded in beautifully glossy ringlets down my back. I grabbed one of the roses Honda had given me, and attached it to the part of my hair that had been pulled up. My makeup was so gentle that it was barely there.



Yumiko and I were both done when the cars came to pick us up. We climbed into the first one, which was gorgeously elegant, being white. I directed the driver to Honda's apartment, where he was standing outside, with a red corsage in his buttonhole, and a red sash round his waist. How he had managed to dress to match, I didn't know.



He climbed into the car beside me, and courteously greeted Yumiko, with a handshake, before giving me a quick kiss, and wishing me a happy birthday. Next stop was the Kaiba mansion, and Kaede and Seto also climbed into the car with us. I introduced them to Yumi too. Kaede looked resplendent in an electric pink and black dress, which suited her perfectly. Seto wore a tux, with a black sash, and he had somehow managed to find a bright pink rose for his corsage.



Our car was no full, so when we stopped for Yuula and Sakura, they climbed into the second car. I had forgotten that Marc was also in that one. Yuula wore a lilac dress that had off the shoulder sleeves and her hair was tied up and threaded with ribbons. Sakura wore a white strapless dress, with black flowers on both the bust, and on the hemline, and up the left hand side in an intricate design.



We picked Tea up, and I saw he quickly kiss Marc as she climbed into the car with them. But I was going to let it pass. They both deserved happiness, and I missed her as a friend. She wore an outrageous pink gown, which only she could carry off.



We finally stopped for the last few people, Joey, Yami, Duke, and Ryou. Well, that was all there were meant to be. But there was a girl with them, who was wearing a shocking short dress, in a bright green. She had blonde curly hair, which was down, and I presumed that she was Joey's new girlfriend. I didn't mind him bringing her, but he could have called me. At that moment the in-car phone rang, and I answered. It was Joey, and he sounded sheepish. “Um, hi Ana. I bought my girlfriend. I hope you don't mind.”



“Well, I have to not mind don't I? I t would have been nice to have a LITTLE notice. GUYS! Honestly. Its gonna have to do. Never mind. Ok. See you later.”



We drove through the town, and up to a large hotel. The cars pulled up to the large marble staircase out font, and the doormen hurried to open the doors, as we all climbed out, looking extremely elegant and like the posh and beautiful people you see in magazines.



We walked through the hotel, and were seated in their best table, and treated with the utmost courtesy. The best part was, my father had agreed to pay for it all. Our meal started, and everyone held polite conversation, when Yuula had the bright idea that we should all speak English. Which was ok for most people, except me, as with my heavy French accent it was very strange. And some of the boys couldn't actually speak English. So when they tried to include me in the conversation, everyone began to laugh at my accent.



“Eet eez not zat funny. Yoo should try to speak zee Français. Eet would be very deefeecult for yoo.”



Yumiko spoke up then, pointing out the fact that she could actually speak Japanese.



The meal finished spectacularly with a big chocolate cake and sparklers, which were beautiful. We then all proceeded into the ballroom, for dancing with the other guests in the hotel.

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lanathae on November 17, 2005, 5:37:52 AM

Lanathae on
LanathaeYAY it's finnaly meeeee
^^

Tillyenna on November 4, 2005, 8:39:07 PM

Tillyenna on
Tillyennawow, fun party, how old are you now?

Nemya on November 1, 2005, 2:50:35 AM

Nemya on
NemyaHee hee, awesome! You really have so many parties, especially amazing ones xP Where everyone dresses up, so all must be rich!! And Marc is just a university student didn't you say? But you must have been pretty rich before, to all own horse xP

Looovely chapter. Now show go to the next one^^

angel_of_beauty_and_light on October 31, 2005, 4:52:01 AM

angel_of_beauty_and_light on
angel_of_beauty_and_lightAww, tis great. Sorry, this comment isn't going to be that great as I am listening to a whole load of really sad songs and they are just maing me feel depressed, but it is amazing, homestly. Tis great, but I can't find anything to mention, so next chapter.