Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Chapter 12

Yu-Gi-Oh story. I do not own yu-gi-oh, or any of the cahracters in this story, except Ana-Gaelle and Marc.

Chapter 12 - Chapter 12

Chapter 12 - Chapter 12


We walked into the ballroom in couples, first me and Honda, then Sakura and Yami, Marc and Tea, Kaede and Seto, Yuula had grabbed Ryou, who looked incredibly nervous, Joey and Mai, and Yumiko had been left with Duke, more fool her. The music was a beautiful waltz, and we all immediately joined the dancefloor, the girls darrging the guys, and Yuula and Ryou being pushed into it.



As we all watltzed around in each others arms, I felt laughter rising up inside of me, and I laughed, letting my joy escape in a bubble. The music changed, and the live orchestra began a lively two-step, and many couples left the floor. I had recently dragged Honda to some ballroom dancing lessons, and so we knew the basic steps, although we were nowhere near as good as Kaede and Seto. As we all quick-stepped round the call, swirlin and twisting, I spoke with Honda, about nothing in particular. The dance ended, and Honda took my arm leading me out into the large grounds of the hotel. He led me down a walkway to a fountain that was lit with beautiful lighting.



He began to talk, “Ana, I just wanted to tell you, well. This is so hard… I wanted to let you know.”



I gave him a quck kiss to encourage him. He looked at me, longingly. “I wanted to say, that I Love you.”



I nearly choked, “Y'what?!?!?!?!?!”



“I love you.”



I threw my arms around him, burying myself in his embrace. “I love you two,” I sighed into his shoulder, as I started to shiver with the cold.



“Can we just stay here for a minute more?” he asked pulling me away. I nodded, as he pulled a long rectangular box out of his pocket, and handed it to me. I opened it, and sighed when I saw the beautiful diamond necklace in there.



“Thank you,” I breathed. It was beautiful, a choker. He lifted it out of the box, and swirled me around to attach it around my neck. I gave him a quick twirl, and he smiled, before grabbing my hand, and leading me back to the ballroom.



When we returned, I was quickly whisked away by my brother, who wanted to dance the next the dance with me. Little did I know what he had requested. One of our old servants had been a dancer, and she had taught Marc and I a few dances, in France. One of them was a dance an American friend had taught her. It was fast and ferocious dance.



As Marc and I made our way to the dance floor he leant and whispered in my ear, “Happy Birthday, sis. Now, lets Jitterbug.”



The orchestra started a very fast piece, and the dance floor soon emptied, completely, bar Marc and I. H ebgan by swinging me slowly, around him releasing my one hand and pushing me outwards, before pulling me in again. And then he bgean lifting me, and twirling me fatser, until I was soaring through the air, around his head, around his waist. We got faster and faster, until the music stopped. We walked to some seats, and collapsed, exhausted.



My friends all came up to us, gobsmacked. “Where did you learn to dance like that?” they all asked.



“France.”



At that moment, a waitor arrived with several bottles of champagne, which we all enjoyed, as a live singer came on stage, and began to speak.



“Now, I understand we have a birthday girl here today?”



My friends all smiled at me, as I glared.



“And that she is also a bit of a musician?”



I was going to kill them.



“So, would she liked to come and sing a duet, with me?”



Honda grabbed me, and escorted me to the stage picking me up, and depositing me on it. The singer spoke to me, and we arranged a song quickly. I hoped that I didn't go red like my dress.



As the orchestra began to play, I warmed to the song. It was from an old film, High Society, and the music was by one of my favourite composers, Cole Porter. The song was beautiful, and could easily be arranged as a duet. It was called, `True Love', and as we sung, couples began to waltz. But the singer wouldn't let me finish at just that. He kept me up there, and we sung a few other old classics, like `Well, did you Evah?', and `Somethin' Stupid'. To finish, he made me sing one song by myself, and I chose another great one, that I hoped most people would know, `Moon River' again couples were waltzing, and when I jumped off the stage, helped by Honda, who was looking at me with admiration, I too began to dance, slowly, whilst he held me in his arms.



The night ended perfectly, and we again drove everyone home, with at last only Honda, Yumiko, Marc and I left in the car. I was tired, so after settling Yumiko in the guest room, Honda and I went to my room. I wasn't sure about him, but I wanted to sleep, so I undressed and pulled on a chemise before jumping into bed.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Tillyenna on November 4, 2005, 8:40:50 PM

Tillyenna on
Tillyennawow groovy party

Nemya on November 1, 2005, 2:52:29 AM

Nemya on
NemyaPhew, I don't have to go with Dook, Yuula instead gets to go with RYOU AYAYAYYAAAAAA!!!!!!^^

Theses big noise lots of dancing parties would scare me. Too many people *Goes to hide in the corner* But dressing up, which is very fun ;3

Ewww... It's a Honda.

angel_of_beauty_and_light on October 31, 2005, 5:08:37 AM

angel_of_beauty_and_light on
angel_of_beauty_and_lightAww, such a cool ending to the party. Heh heh, me and Seto being amazing at dancing! Well, I am definately, and he is good, but not as good as me, no way ^^

Well, what do you expect? Being a slave girl who danced for rich men so they could get their kicks??

Anyways, it is so cool. And now I am going to read Ani's. Later.