Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - Chapter 16

Yu-Gi-Oh story. I do not own yu-gi-oh, or any of the cahracters in this story, except Ana-Gaelle and Marc.

Chapter 16 - Chapter 16

Chapter 16 - Chapter 16


We all ate lunch together, and it was kind of awkward, as Yami and Seto don't really get on, but it was sort of ok, as he just talked to Takumi most of the time. I sat, and politely toyed with my food. It was fish. One of worst things ever, I actually hated it. It made me feel so ill. So when the servants came to take away our plates, I felt extremely embarrassed, as I was one of the few who actually had not eaten a thing.



After lunch, we had a rest period which consisted of nothing much, other than me totally thrashing Honda at a game of Pool, and he then getting a bit stroppy. And then all of a sudden, Kaede went scarily weird, and sort of, hyperactive, and decided we were all going to go swimming.



We all went to our various rooms around the house, and grabbed our swimming stuff, changing into it, and assembling once again by Seto's massive and extremely cool and posh swimming pool. There was a hot tub beside it, and also a sauna room.



I had changed into a bikini, and pulled a sarong around my middle, and also just pulled on a t-shirt, as I was quiet self-conscious, especially after what had happened. I was still also quite underweight, for my height, with my ribs showing a little bit, but it wasn't too bad.



My swimming costume was a pale blue gingham check bikini, halter neck, and it looked great with my tanned skin, and dark hair, with the matching ice blue eyes. The t-shirt I had pulled on over the top was quite low cut, and a beautiful and pale blue as well. The sarong matched my t-shirt, and it was so soft and silky, and then I also pulled on a pair of flip-flops that were a bright blue. Honda changed into a pair of dark blue boardies, and he too pulled on a pair of flip-flops, his made of a sort of leathery material.



We again went downstairs, and made our way to the pool. Most of the others were already there, and were either in the pool, in the hot tub, or lounging beside it. Honda went and did a massive bomb thing into the pool, whilst I went and sat on one of the sun loungers. The day was a warm one, and the sun large and hot. I lay down, and pulled on my huge sunglasses, when one of the servants came up to me, “Excuse me, Miss Osculaix,” I smothered laughter when he tries to pronounce my name, “But you have a phone call.”



“Oh, ok. Where can I take it?”



“If you'll follow me, miss, you can take it just this way.”



“Um, ok. Thanks.”



I followed the servant into the house, and took the phone that he held out to me. It was a portable, so I walked over to a chair and sat down, “Hello?”



“Hey!”



“Yumiko?”



“You guessed it!”



“What're you doing calling me? And how did you know where I was? And how did you get the number?”



“Marc.”



“Oh, ok. Um, cool.”



“Uhuh.”



“Um, so what did you want?”



“Oh yeah. What I wanted was…”



“Ok, hurry up about it.”



“Ooh, little miss tetchy, are we? Fine then. I won't tell you.”



“TELL ME.”



“Tell you what?”



“WHY YOU CALLED ME!”



“Oh yeah, I forgot.”



She was so strange.



“Oh yeah, I remember. GUESS WHAT?”



“What?”



“I just moved to Domino City!!!”



“WTF?”



“I JUST MOVED HERE!”



“Yay! Hang on, why?”



“My dad's job. He got transferred here.”



“Oh, ok. Cool.”



“And, well, mum always wanted to come back to Japan.”



“That is so awesome. Can I, like, come around sometime?”



“Um, no.”



“Why not?”



“Jetlag must sleep. Bye!”



“Um, ok. Bye!”



And she hung up. Weird child that she was, but it was so cool that she now lived in Domino City! I made my way back outside again, and thankfully took the drink offered to me. I took a sip, and nearly died. How much vodka was in this? I wasn't complaining, but a little warning might have been useful.



I made my way over to a sun lounger, and rather than sitting, this time I removed my sarong, revealing the little shorts of my bikini, and then taking my top off. I was facing the house, so everyone could see my back. As I pulled the t-shirt over my head, I felt people staring. And then I remembered, the vivid scar that stood out at the bottom of my back. It would be just above my shorts. I was very self-conscious about it, and I knew immediately that everyone had noticed it. Of course, Honda already knew about it, but I didn't want anyone else to know, so I hurriedly pulled the t-shirt back on.



The scar was from an operation that I had had after my last riding fall. When I had fallen, I had dislodged a vertebra, without realising, and I was lucky that it hadn't damaged the spinal cord as well. It had to be put back into place, which was quite a difficult operation, and had left me in a back cast for a while, explaining why I hadn't ridden for a while before I came to Japan.



With my t-shirt back on, I settled once again on the sun lounger. Everyone began to ask me if I was coming in, to which I declined. Finally, Yuula got annoyed with me, and came over, demanding that I at least get in the hot tub.



“I don't want to.”



“Is it `cause of that gross scar thing on your back?”



I looked at her, “Yes.”



“Well don't worry about it, it's only a scar. I mean, its not like it totally deforms you, or anything.”



“I just don't like people seeing it.”



“Why not?”



“Because it increases some of my biggest fears inside of me, and people always ask about it, making my fear grow.”



“Well then, none of us will talk about it. Just get in the hot tub, or the pool you doofus!”



I smiled at her; she was such a supportive friend. So once again, I took my t-shirt off, and made my way to the side of the pool. I stood at the deep end, and did one of the most spectacular dives, before swimming along the bottom of the pool. This time Honda didn't attempt to stop me, and I managed to swim a few lengths underwater, thoroughly enjoying myself. When I finally appeared again, we all had great fun, splashing around together, and totally enjoying ourselves.



***



We all spent nearly the whole afternoon in the pool, until evening came, and we all went inside to change for dinner. I had already presumed that it might be quite posh, so I had made Honda bring a suit, as Kaede had forewarned me that it was to be quite a smart dinner, and that we yet again had another opportunity to dress in black tie dresses, thanks to her having persuaded Seto that it would be fun. So Honda was grumbling about having to wear a suit. It was dark blue, with a very thin grey pinstripe, and he wore a blue, slightly shimmery, shirt beneath it, which was open necked.



I was wearing an ice blue satin dress, to match my eyes. It was rouched and hooked together at the back, and had double straps, that were very thin, and crossed over behind my back.



We walked downstairs together, and everyone else looked similarly elegant, and as we walked into the massive dining room, the evening began, in all its style.




Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lanathae on November 17, 2005, 5:57:37 AM

Lanathae on
LanathaeXD
XD
xD
*fits of laughter*
I'm in it again ^^
YAY

angel_of_beauty_and_light on November 7, 2005, 11:54:26 PM

angel_of_beauty_and_light on
angel_of_beauty_and_lightHey dude! Great chapter!!! Heeheehee, Seto's house is amazing! Garg! I HATE SCHOOL KEYBOARDS! SO HARD TO TYPE!!!!

Anyways, coolness, will comment more laters, as gotta go soon. LOL Manning

Tillyenna on November 7, 2005, 10:38:56 PM

Tillyenna on
Tillyennais it just me, but did mel just use the words -passivly suggesting.......SOMENE HAS BEEN LISTENING IN ENGLISH LESSONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocking
anyhoooooooos how come im not there, bub...

Nemya on November 6, 2005, 5:16:50 AM

Nemya on
Nemya"We walked downstairs together, and everyone else looked similarly elegant"


Hang on! This is passive suggesting that HONDA is ELEGANT!!!!

I don't think so.

Nemya on November 6, 2005, 5:15:43 AM

Nemya on
NemyaNyeee awesomeness and YAYAYAA You wrote more!!! Thank yooouuu! I don't think this mass of parties will ever end.

Hardly /anyone/ gets on with Seto. Taterhead.

Hee hee, cannot pronounce her name.
Marik: You cant either.
Mel: Shut up. :K

Aaaand, random phone call from Smeagol. Random x3

Ha ha, "Is it 'cause of that gross scar thing on your back". And Yuula gives you a huuuuge self-ego boost. So tactful^^

But, scars are fun^^ Wheee!!!