Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 22 - Chapter 21

Yu-Gi-Oh story. I do not own yu-gi-oh, or any of the cahracters in this story, except Ana-Gaelle and Marc.

Chapter 22 - Chapter 21

Chapter 22 - Chapter 21


I was lying on my bed of depression and morbidness, feeling that the world was about to end. I could just about move, but only with great pain, and much difficulty. I had had it all out with Honda, and it was all just about sorted out, thanks to the strength of our love. I regretted my lies, but he seemed to understand my logic and reasons, and hadn't stopped loving me because of it.



I was lying on my bed, almost a month and a half after the accident, having the day before managed to sit up for the first time in a very long time, even though Honda had helped me, and it had still caused me great pain. I had already been able to move my fingers, and sometimes my arms with great difficulty, but as yet had recovered nothing from my legs.



I lay on the bed, and Honda was sitting on a chair by my side, chattering away, about nothing in particular. Lying flat on your back isn't the most fun way to spend your time, and I was utterly bored, with nothing to do. Well, I had nothing to do, until that point , when the phone started ringing. It was within my reach, and I had an earpiece in my ear, so I simply had to move one little finger, and then I would be able to press the button and answer. I did so, “Hello?” I answered inquiringly. There was no answer, and I proceeded for a while to say hello, until I could hear a voice, one that I did not recognise.



“…We are gathered here today to celebrate the joining of this man, Seto Kaiba, and this woman, Kaede Mishua, in holy matrimony…”



WHAT THE HELL? I clicked it onto speakerphone, so that Honda could hear it as well, and his face reflected what I was feeling, we would have spoken, had not the voice continued.



“If any of you present today know any reason of why this man and this woman cannot be married, speak now or forever hold your peace…”



I couldn't hold my peace, and before I even managed to stop myself, a load of loud French expletives erupted from my mouth and sounded down the phone. I could hear the shock and silence they caused in the church, or wherever it was they were getting married. And then I heard Yuula.



“Um, sorry,” she spoke, and I could imagine the look on her face, “thought Ana might want to know,” and then she spoke into the phone, “Hey, Ana, yeah, I've gotta go now. By-eeeee” and she hung up.



She phoned back again, in what I presumed was the reception, and I spoke to her briefly, before speaking to Kaede, “I can't believe you didn't tell me!”



“I'm so sorry, Ana, we wanted to. Well, I did, its just I don't have you number in France.”



“You have my mobile number!!!! And I gave it to Seto, for if anything bad happened, and you forgot how to use your phone, and needed to tell me something!!! WELL YOU DID NEED TO TELL ME SOMETHING!!”



“Um, sorry?!”



“Hmph. And congratulations.”



“Thank you!” she fairly squeaked down the phone, before handing it over to Seto. I quickly congratulated him, and we spoke briefly, before I heard someone asking politely for the phone, in the form of Sakura.



“Hiya!” she sounded happy, maybe a little tipsy, and like she was having a good time. The opposite of me. I felt left out, and very lonely.



“Hey,” I spoke dejectedly.



“How are you?”



“Not too great. You?”



“WHAT DO YOU MEAN? Not too great?”



“I mean, not to great.”



“Oh, ok. I'm absolutely brilliant. I've been having loads of fun, doing loads of dancing.”



I burst into tears, and it hurt, as my body shook, causing me to start to moan and scream in pain, as well as cry.



“Um…was it something I said?”



Honda came and took the phone from me, and spoke into it, although Sakura had gone, and I somehow gathered that he was talking to Ryou, he not getting on with Sakura.



***



Honda had taken the phone off Ana, when she had begun to cry, and he spoke into it, thinking he would speak to Sakura. He was shocked, therefore, when Ryou came onto the line. It didn't really matter who he told, about the accident, he supposed, but he though that maybe Sakura would have been better.



“Hey, Ryou.”



“Hello, how are you? And are you having a good time?”



“I'm fine, and yeah, we were having a great time.”



“What do you mean, were?”



“I mean, the first evening wasn't bad. After that, things got steadily worse.”



“Tell me!”



Ana was lying on the bed, stiller now, but tears still streaming down her face.



“Ana had an accident.”



“What sort of accident?”



“She fell of her horse.”



“HOW? What? Is it bad?”



“Yeah, sorta. She broke her back.”



“WHAT???”



Honda heard Ryou repeat it to their friends, and could hear their gasps of shock, and pity. What she didn't want. He looked down at her, and tried to smile, brighten her fears. It didn't seem to work. Finally, Ryou came back to him.



“That's awful, is she ok?”



“Well, she can't feel her legs, but she managed to sit up for the first time yesterday, which is good.”



“Oh, ok then. Well, Yuula is telling me I have to go, as this is costing her money. So, we'll all see you guys soon, ok? Tell Ana we all hope she feels better soon.”



“Will do. Bye!”



He hung up, and looked at Ana sadly, “Do you need a drink or anything?”



She shook her head, and he decided to leave her for a while. Placing the phone once more within her reach, he left the room.



***



A few more weeks passed, and the date drew nearer for when we were due to return to France. I was sitting in a chair, by an open window in my room, my legs covered by a thin blanket, when the phone rang. I had been listening to the wildlife surrounding the creeper.



I answered the phone, and listened carefully to the caller. I had since regained usage of my arms, and was then able to move, albeit slowly and painfully, but it was better than nothing.



By the time I had finished the phone call, and large smile had spread across my face, and, nearly laughing, I called Honda, Marc and my father.



The three men came rushing into the room, and I told them all the new I had just received, “I just got a phone call from the Japanese Olympic Riding Team. They've offered me a place. I start training as soon as I return to Japan. Isn't that incredible?”



They didn't seem to share my enthusiasm. I waited expectantly for their congratulations, but received none. I repeated myself, “Isn't that incredible?”



My father spoke. “It is, honey. But it just isn't possible.”



“What do you mean? What do you mean it isn't possible?”



“Honey, we didn't want to tell you before, we couldn't bear to. But, darling, the doctors thing that you could be paralysed…”



“Well, I am at the moment, but I wont be for long.”



“They think you might be paralysed for life.”



All were silent, as the words sunk in. I was shocked, they hadn't told me? They all seemed to know, even Honda. They all knew my fate, before I did. I was bursting with emotions of pain, sadness, sheer grief. How could they not? I was angry.



“My life is ruined, and you didn't tell me? My dreams are destroyed, and you didn't say, because you wanted to protect me? How could you? How could you do that to me?” I rounded on Honda, “its all your fault. It's your fault I had the accident. You've ruined my life. I hate you. I hate you all.”



I broke down into tears.



“I hate you.”

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Tillyenna on December 1, 2005, 3:40:23 AM

Tillyenna on
Tillyennaagain....you poooor poooor darling....(oh and SOMEONE cant count)

angel_of_beauty_and_light on November 30, 2005, 6:23:42 AM

angel_of_beauty_and_light on
angel_of_beauty_and_lightAww, poor Ana, it is the most boring thing in the world, espechially if you are in pain at the same time. Ahhhh, and it is my wedding! Ledgend! Wheeeeeeeeee, that is going to be so much fun to write.
But, ahhhhhhh, you're paralysed?!?!?! Bloody Honda, it's all his fault, dump him and get a better boyfriend, one who does not have such odd hard. In fact, get a lot more boyfriends, and pick the one who has the best hair/taste in music/clothes style/voice/looks/and mother stuff. Ahhhhhhhh, I am gonna have to go soon and read HP, but before I go I will leave you with this short message:

Ahhhhhhhh, Cedric Diggory.....