Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 27 - Chapter 2 again

Yu-Gi-Oh story. I do not own yu-gi-oh, or any of the cahracters in this story, except Ana-Gaelle and Marc.

Chapter 27 - Chapter 2 again

Chapter 27 - Chapter 2 again


I was sitting on the bottom of the pool, when I saw Honda's hand waving in front of my face. I clasped it, and he pulled me to the surface of the water once again. Smiling, he swum over to the steps, pulling me with him. Chatte was standing on these, her feet in the water, and her tail wagging furiously, causing waves to span out everywhere.  She wasn't really a big dog, and as an English foxhound, was small for her breed as well, but she did have a hell of a lot of energy, having just turned one, and being extremely excitable. After standing on the steps for a while, and seeing us swimming over towards her, she bent down to the steps a bit more, and then jumped into the water, causing a tidal wave of water to cascade over Honda and myself, as she came paddling towards us.

We were laughing and pointing at her as she pounced all over us, when I heard someone speak, “You guys look like your having fun, but what about your guests?” and looked up to see Sakura standing there, looking very pretty with her blonde hair messily pulled back, wearing a pair of long white board shorts, decorated with different colour pink hibiscus flowers, and also a pale pink strappy top. She smiled at us, and sat down on one of the chairs by the pool, starting to talk to us, and gradually more of the guests started to appear, with Duke and Yuula being the last to emerge from the rooms.

“Are you guys all ok with a BBQ tonight?” Honda asked, climbing out of the pool, which the two of us were still in. I was leaning on the side of the pool, and kicking my legs out behind me.

There was a chorus of acquiescence, and Honda made his way to the house, to change. I stayed in the pool a little longer, and spoke with my friends, before noticing how wrinkly my skin was getting. I jumped out of the pool, and grabbed the towel off Sakura, before jogging to the house, Chatte following me, and yelling behind me that I would be back soon. I quickly jumped into a shower, and washed my hair, before pulling on a white summer dress, that floated out behind me. I pulled my wavy hair up into a thick ponytail-bun thing, and finding a sunflower in the hall, inserted that into the tie, before making my way back outside, still shoeless.

My friends were now sitting on the lawn, with Honda, as the servants had laid out the table or us, and Honda had pulled the barbeque onto the lawn, which was happily sizzling and smoking. There was laughter, and I leapt across the lawn to join them, laying my hand on Honda's arm in a quick greeting as I sat in the chair close to him. I soon gathered that their conversation was about what everyone had been up to in the past years, and it was quite fast moving.

Tea was speaking, and I began to half-listen to what she was saying,  “Yeah, Marc and I, we've been wanting kids for a while now, so now that I am actually pregnant—”

“WHAT?!” I exploded. It had taken me long enough to accept their relationship, and then there marriage…but this? “I mean, I'm really happy for you guys, congrats!” I swallowed my surprise.

At that moment, Honda turned to me, and asked me to go and get the salads from the kitchen, “Urh, yeah, sure.” I jumped up, and rushed to the kitchen, grabbing Yuula and Sakura to take them with me. I would need their help to carry the bowls of salad and garlic bread prepared earlier, as there was a number. I noticed that Honda was following, presumably to get the wine that came from a local vineyard that belonged to a family friend.

When we had all returned to the table, and taken our seats, everyone began to tuck into to the delicious looking meal of barbecued sausages, veggie burgers and spare ribs, with the warm and home-made garlic bread, and the large and different salads. Honda poured everyone some wine, and we raised a toast, "To friendship", before taking a sip. It was a good wine, not too dry, and not too sweet. The grapes were delicious too, as I had gone along to help with the harvest, and somehow eaten a lot of grapes in the progress.

 When all eating was done, the sun was still quite high in the sky, and so we decided to go for a walk, to ease off our meal. Whilst everyone grabbed some shoes, and I grabbed the dog, the servants quickly cleared the table, before returning home for the night. And so, the group of us slowly made our way down to the beach, Chatte bounding in front of us like the very mad mad-thing she was. Climbing down the cliff face, along the coastal path, the air filled with our laughter, and happiness. Finally on the beach, the white sand squishing between our feet, we made our way down to the softly splashing waves, and I waded into them, holding my skirt up, although swathes of it were soon floating on the surface of the sea.

“Uh, Ana, you're sorta ruining you dress,” Kaede informed me, from where she was sitting, dabbling her feet in the water.

I looked at her, and smiled mischievously, before pulling the dress over my head, and rolling it into a ball, throwing it back onto the sand, “Sod the dress.” Having discarded the dress, and standing only in my underwear, I began to swim, only returning to the shore to encourage everyone else in, “Come on, its so warm. The sun's been on it all day.”

Eventually they all got in…and so we swum, in the light of the setting sun, and mucked about in the warm water, the guys in their boxers, the girls in their underwear. After about half an hour, we were all pretty bored, and so we climbed out, and sat in the last rays of the sun, talking.

“How are your kids then, Yuula?” I asked.

“What kids?” she looked at me, her face a blank. Duke hit her over the head, “Our kids, you idiot.”

“What're you hitting me for? How dare you hit me, you scum!”

We all laughed at them, and then Duke answered the question, “They're fine, thanks. Kaiba managed to get a babysitter for their kids, as well as ours.” The old habit of calling everyone by the surname hadn't gone away, but I hoped the two's hostilities had.

“Heh, I hope Esme and Haru haven't been murdered by your kids yet, Yuu,” Kaede spoke, from where she was sitting, leaning against Seto.

“Heh, I hope they have, I hope they all die,” Yuula muttered in an undertone, obviously not meant to be heard by anyone. “Stupid Duke-children.”

“HEY!” we all yelled, “WE HEARD THAT!” and everyone grabbed sand and threw it at her, causing her to yell out, and Duke to still protect her.

“WHAT?!?! What did I say?”

We ignored her after that, for a little while, as she sat and fumed.

“So, Kara, when are you and Honda going to have kids?” Yumiko asked.

A small smile appeared on Honda's face, as his hand found mine and squeezed it. I sat bolt upright in the sand, a look of pure terror on my face, “WHAT?!?! I'M SUPPOSED TO BE HAVING KIDS??????”

Everyone buts out laughing, and I tried to calm down, “No, I meant are you planning to have kids?”

“I'd like to,” said Honda quietly. “They'd be so cute! Lots of little me's.”

“NO! NO WAY! I am NOT having little you's…Dream on.”

He looked at me, a hurt expression on his face.

“Look, I'm not ready for little you's, or little anyones. I'm just not ready yet. I'm too young!!!”

“No you're not.”

“We are not having this conversation now,” I indicated our guests, and he looked as if he wanted to say more, but held back.

Together, we all slowly made our ways back to the house, as the evening drew in, and the others were tired. I quickly fed the cats, and then made my own way to our room, in which Honda was waiting, already getting ready for bed. I shut the door behind me, and began to take my own clothes off, pulling on my pyjamas as I took off the clothes. He started speaking.

“I meant what I said earlier, Ana.”

“About what?”

“About kids.”

I looked at him in surprise.

“I've always wanted them, I suppose. I mean, my nephew was annoying, but I didn't mind looking after him occasionally, and I suppose its different with your own, isn't it.”

I was now looking uncertain.

“Don't you want them?” he asked.

“Not yet. I'm not ready, yet. I'm still growing up. You know me, you know me so well. I'm not ready. Give me a few more years.”

He smiled, one of understanding, and hugged me, “Ok.” Pulling me with him, he fell onto the bed, turning out the bedside light, and pulling us both under the covers, in the thick summer night.


Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

angel_of_beauty_and_light on March 29, 2006, 1:15:51 AM

angel_of_beauty_and_light on
angel_of_beauty_and_lightHa ha, I was just re-reading this, and you said Kara instead of Ana. Hee hee

Tillyenna on January 27, 2006, 3:20:19 AM

Tillyenna on
Tillyennanot baby hondas.......ugh

Nemya on January 25, 2006, 4:54:18 AM

Nemya on
NemyaNOOO D: Yuula doesn't hate her kids xP But ah well, this is your story eh?

UGH. Honda children! "little mes" Argh how awful! Little HONDAS! Also, he mentioned Johji, what if your kids turned out to be like him eh?! Ew xP

angel_of_beauty_and_light on January 25, 2006, 1:34:17 AM

angel_of_beauty_and_light on
angel_of_beauty_and_lightWheeee, I really like the names Haru and Esme actually, so I'm gonna use them! ^^ Thankies, great names!
Such a chappy dude! Yuula is a little bit strange >< Weirdo, why the hell did she marry Duke if she doesn't love him, and why the hell did they have kids? What a loser!
Hey, first to comment *looks smug* cool cool, want to read more! Yay, write more soon ^^ Pleasey weasey *begs*
Welly welly, gotta go, neighbours in a few seconds. Bye bye love it write more soon xxxxxx