Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Catatonia!!

A XS fanfic, it has Hay Lin (xxLennexx) in it as well as me ^^ Hope you enjoy it.

Chapter 4 - Catatonia!!

Chapter 4 - Catatonia!!


XIAOLIN SHOWDOWN - THE NEW DRAGONS





Chapter 4









CONTINUING…





“Rai… I…”

“Um, it's ok if you don't want to, but I just wanted to check. You know, `cause I really like you…”

“I like you too, Rai.”

“So is that a yes?”

“Yes. Yes, yes it is a yes ”





The two went back to the training grounds, constantly smiling at eachother, two pink blushes stuck on their cheeks.

“Hey guys. Where did you go?” Eyumi asked.

“Err… Raimundo wanted to show me… erm…”

“Err… GOO ZOMBIES 2.”

“Yeah. That's it, he wanted to show me GOO ZOMBIES 2.”

Eyumi looked at them as if to say, `Who d'you think you're kidding?'

“Come off it, you two. I can see it on your faces. You're going out now, right? ”

“Errrrr… yeah…” Said Hay Lin sheepishly.

“Awww. You two are so KAWAIRASHII together!!”

“I know! Aren't we just! PINK NOODLES!!! XD”

“XD”

“My new girlfriend is a hyper hottie… -.-;;”







Next day…







“Young monks, today, I want you to practice your element. I have different tasks for each of you. I also would prefer you to use Shen-Gon-Wu.” Said Master Fung. He handed The fist of Tebbigong to Clay, the Sword of the Storm to Rai, the Star Hanabi to Kimiko, the Orb on Tornami to Omi, and the Thorn of Thunderbolt to Eyumi.

“What about Hay Lin? She's Ying and Yang… she doesn't have an elemental Shen-Gon-Wu…” Said Raimundo.

“All in due time, All in due time. Now Hay Lin, I have a special task for you. No Shen-Gon-Wu involved.”

“Oh?” Said Hay Lin.

“Yes. I will set you your task first…wait here.” Master Fung went into the Temple Gardens. Everybody waited.

“I wonder what he's gonna set you?” Said Eyumi.

“Yeah. Whatever it is, I'm sure you can do it.” Said Raimundo.

“Arigato ^^”



He came back, with a large spider on his shoulder. Eyumi, Kimiko and Hay Lin all squealed.

“This is ZhiZhu, he's a very old spider who lives in the Temple Gardens. You task will be—“

“I DON'T HAVE TO TOUCH IT DO I???” Gasped Hay Lin.

“No, you don't. You task will be to separate ZhiZhu's evil side from his good.”

“NANI???”

“You element in Ying Yang, Hay Lin. Ying is good and Yang is evil. Separate ZhiZhu's Ying from his Yang.”

All Hay Lin really heard from that sentence was, `YING YANG YING YANG YANG YING YING YANGY YINGY, but she kind of understood.

“Okay…”

Master Fung lay ZhiZhu down in front of Hay Lin. She shivered.

“Don't concentrate on ZhiZhu. Concentrate on your power. Don't let the way ZhiZhu looks distract you. That's not concentrating…”

“Fung is speaking much weirder than usual today…” Raimundo muttered. Hay Lin heard and giggled.

“Okay. I get it…”

“GAMBATTE Hay Lin!” Said Eyumi,

Hay Lin closed her eyes. She breathed in and out, slowly. She held up her right hand, as if she were saying “stop”, then she held up her left. She opened her eyes. One eye was black with a white iris and the other was white with a black iris. This looked seriously creepy and everyone shivered again.

Suddenly ZhiZhu began to glow white, then black, then white, then black, white black white black, really fast. ZhiZhu's normal brown and black body disappeared and replaced by one black body and one white one.

((Christ my head hurts with all this black/white/ying/yang/good/evil/))

“STEP BACK!!” Master Fung cried, shielding everyone.

The Yang side of ZhiZhu hissed and lashed out at Hay Lin, but she didn't lose focus. She grasped Yang-ZhiZhu in a white light, setting him back down into his body…

She'd completed her task. Everyone was still for a moment then they cheered.

“Linnie that was so keeewwll! Totally kekkou, tomodachi!!” Squealed Eyumi. “But I hate spiders!!! AAAH!!!”

“Yeah!”

“Thanks! It was so weird, like everything went black and white for a minute and I saw the two sides of the spider… kikei… O_O”

“Very well done, Hay Lin. I didn't expect you to do it first time, but you did. There's definitely some potential in you.” Said Master Fung.

“Cool, thanks!”



Later on everyone else is performing their tasks. Hay Lin was allowed to watch ^^











“THORN OF THUNDERBOLT, LIGHT!!!!” Eyumi yelled. Colossal bolts came thrashing out, eliminating her target of flying stones. (Assisted by Raimundo)

“You have a knack of combining your element with the Eye of Dashi and the Thorn of Thunderbolt.” Said Master Fung. “Another sign of potential from the two new dragons.”

“Thanks ^_^”

Potential-ness! ^^





“EVERYONE, GUESS WHAT!!!!” Kimiko suddenly screeched while everyone was doing chores.

“You think you could have yelled louder? The folks in Rio didn't quite get that.”

“Oh shut up Rai. Look here!”

“What?” Asked Eyumi.

Kimiko held up six tickets. They had suspicious looking cat faces on them.

“Are those—?”

“CATATONIA LAND TICKETS!!!”

“WHOA!”

“NO WAY!”

“YES WAY!”

“Well I'll be!”

“Cata-whatika?”

“Catatonia! We're going tonight. I booked them by net and my daddy paid for them!”

Lots of excited gasps and shouts followed from everyone… except Omi because he didn't know what the hell it was.





La-la-later! Everyones getting ready!!









“You two almost ready?” Said Eyumi, putting on her pink eyeliner.

“Yeah. I'm ready. Almost. Well not really actually. Just need to do my hair. And we all know that takes four hours.” Said Hay Lin.

“Well, we have another hour and a half… no rush.” Said Kimiko.

“Oh, okay. I haven't actually don't my hair either… Oh! Hay Lin, did you finish making Omi's clothes?”

“Yeah! I reckon they're gonna look so cute on him!”

“Ditto! ^^ Kimi, can you pass the hair straightener?”

“Sure. I'm just doing my nails…”

“Cool, what pattern are you doing on them?”

“No pattern ^^”

“What then?”

“Panda faces :D”







Later-er. Everyone IS ready ^_^



The girls' outfits (can't resist saying):

Eyumi: Ami's outfit from Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi cartoon, except the hair is in a candyfloss-pink bob and there is a massive lotus flower and fake pink rose in it at the side. Round her neck she's wearing her pink cross necklace (real life necklace, my fave one), her black and white beaded necklace (real life necklace as well) and a tiger's eye necklace round a bright yellow chain. (Not real life) Earrings are rose quartz earrings in the first set of holes, and red heart-with-white wings earrings in the second set. Nails are rainbow with gold and silver sequins on them ^^



Hay Lin: A tight pink off-the-shoulder top with a picture of Domo on it, denim jeans with rainbow hearts on the bottom (I can't remember what it was on the bottom when you told me Linnie so I hope hearts will do ><) Ami's platform shoes from HHPAY except they're red and purple. Hair all in plaits except her special plait is hair-wrapped in black and gold thread. Nails are dark purple one side of each nail and lilac on the other, with a tiny black angel symbol on each nail. Earrings are a dangling black Chinese character for beautiful.



Kimiko: Dark green vest top with gold sequins on it, green wrap-around sari on top of snowy white combats, fake ruby and sapphire studded silver flip-flops, jet-black hair in a bun with green streaks. Nails are pink with panda faces







“Okay… we really ARE ready now. Are the boys ready? I told Clay NOT to wear a cowboy outfit…”

“I think he might have had trouble finding something else… he couldn't borrow Rai's clothes because… well, no offence to him, he's too big ^^”

“He's not THAT big, he is the element of Earth bare in mind, he has to be big ^^”

“Guess so…”

At that moment the boys stepped out. Raimundo looked lushy in a black vest with black combats and white baseball boots. He was wearing his pendant and had washed his hair THEN gelled it so it looked all nice and shiny ^^. Omi was wearing the clothes Hay Lin had made for him, a light-blue hoodie with a DORAEMON face on it and little denim jeans! He looked so kawaii! Clay was wearing a long sleeved white top with a grey t-shirt over it, and his best cowboy jeans. No hat. Hehe.

“Clay! You look coolio! ^^” Said Eyumi.

“I figured that maybe we would go on some sort of fun occasion like this… so I packed some, er, NORMAL clothes… feel a bit strange without ma' hat though…”

“Oh just wear it, silly! ^-^” Eyumi plunked it on his head. He blushed.

“Erm, all you girls look good, too.” Said Rai.

“Yes, I agree, but I still don't understand why I have a strange creature on the front on my top half.” Omi complained, plucking at the Doraemon top.

“That's DORAEMON, and it looks super-cute!” Said Kimiko.

“Okay, shall we get going then?”

“Yup!”

“I can't wait!”

“Let's go!”

“GOLDEN TIGER CLAWS!!” Hay Lin shouted and they all leapt through the portal ^^.







When they arrived, they saw cat EVERTHING. It was getting dark, so they'd lit all the lights and everything was glittering in a feline manner.

“WOW, IT ROCKS HERE! So shiiiiiiiinnnyyyy…” Eyumi mumbled in a daze.

“WHAT SHALL WE GO WHAT SHALL WE GO ON WHAT SHALL WE GO ON WHAT SHALL WE GO ON WHAT SHALL WE GO ON WHAT SHALL WE GO ON????????”

“HAY LIN! Slow down, we'll have time to go on EVERYTHING, don't worry!”

“NINE LIVES COASTER FIRST NIN LIVES COASTER FIRST NINE LIVES COASTER FIRST!!!”

“Slow down, girl. Okay, let's go on it then!”

Everyone headed to the Nine Lives Coaster entrance. There was a tired looking bloke by the measuring stick. He didn't need to look twice at Clay. Raimundo got in, Kimiko got in, Hay Lin got in and Eyumi got in, but the guy stopped Omi.

“Sorry little buddy, no can do. You're way too short.”

“But! But! I am mearly PRETENDING to be short so that…that… I don't make my friends feel bad!! I'm walking on my knees!

“Is that so eh? Well stand up then, Mr. Tall.”

Omi hesitated. “I have been defeated…” He muttered.

“Awww, Omi!” Eyumi gave him a hug. “We're sorry! We'll definitely find some scary ride you can go on, like…” She looked around. All the scary rides we're exactly the same height restriction. “Er, strike that. We'll find some RIDE you can go on…” She mumbled.

“Like, THAT!” Omi pointed to the Meow Meow Baby Coaster, where toddlers sat on the twee little kitten seats as it revolved around at the speed of a snail.

“Erm, no, no, we'll find something…”

“Sorry Omi, but we got to got go before the queue builds up.” Said Kimiko.

“Okay, you go on and have fun, I will remain here until you return…”

“Soz Omi.” Hay Lin gave him a quick hug before they all bounded down the queue fencing.



Finally, they got off. Everyone was still shaking from the intensity of the ride but talking excitedly about it non-stop.

“Did you feel the squeeze in your stomach when it dropped RIGHT down??”

“Yeah! I haven't been whirled about that fast since I tried to tame my cousin's bull!”

“Haha XD”

“They had a job squeezing Clay into the seat, though.”

“Hey!”

“HAHA sorry Clay…”

“My stomach is still trying to turn itself the right way round…”

Omi heard all this. He sighed and went to join them.

“Sorry Omi, no offence, but I really do think you would have fallen out.”

“That makes me feel sooooo much better, Raimundo.”

“Anyway, let's go on something else!”



By midnight they'd managed to go on every ride. Except Omi. When they were thinking of going home, they saw this stage and lights being set up and loads of punky/gothy/cool teenagers gathering around.

“Wow! I think I know what that is! A karaoke!!!” Eyumi squealed.

“Oh, not more singing…” Raimundo sighed.

“But I love singing, I love singing! SO MUCH!”

“Me too! Back home I was taking my Grade 8 in it! The highest level!!”

“REALLY?? That's so cool! And the last time you sung it was so good!”

“Arigato gozaimasu! You too!”

“XD”

“XD”

“Kimiko, you should SO sing something!!”

“Oh… I can't.”

“Yeah, you can. I bet you're a great singer!”

“Well, okay... if we can get up there. There're loads of people.”



“Can we have our next singer please!” Said the DJ.

“Go on Kimi, go on go on!” Squeaked Eyumi and Hay Lin.

“Errrrrrr, I dunno.”

“QUICK, before that stupid goth idiot gets up there. GO! Gambatte! ^^”

Kimiko went up on stage. Her face was scarlet but this time it wasn't from being angry.

“Hey little lady! What's your name?” Asked the DJ, thrusting the mic in her face.

“K-K-Kimiko.”

“Well Kimiko, what ya gonna sing?”

“I-I haven't really made up my mind ^^;;”

“Well you'll have to make it up quick! Look, here's the selection—“

“Wait! I want to sing Sunrise by Puffy AmiYumi!”

“Oh, well okay. I think we've got that song… yes, we have! Okay, the music will start in your own time!”



“GAMBATTE KIMIKO!!!”

“DO YOUR BEST PARTNER!”

“WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

“GO KIM!”

“KILL `EM BY KNOCKIN `EM!”

“Er, that's `knock `em dead', Omi.”

“WHATEVER!”





saa tabidatou hikari no michi wa
chizu ni nai kedo
haranbanjou nan' da yokan ga suru sa
jiyuu nan' da mon'

itsu mo tonari ni kimi ga ite
waratte 'ru ki ga suru

umi no mukou kumo no mukou e!
bokutachi o matte iru
mezasu no wa yubi no sukima o!
surinukeru taiyou no prism…

kimi ga kureta fuwari to saita
yasashii kimochi
ishindenshin nan' da mahou no you sa
kotoba naku te mo…

atatakai yume tsutsumare te
kono mune ni fuite 'ru

kaze no mukou hoshi no mukou wa!
hateshinaku tooi kedo
moeagare kimi yo hashire to!
doko kara ka kikoete 'ru ki ga shoota…

umi no mukou kumo no mukou e!
bokutachi o matte iru
mezasu no wa yubi no sukima o!
surinukeru taiyou no

kaze no mukou hoshi no mukou wa!
hateshinaku tooi kedo
moeagare kimi yo hashire to!
doko kara ka kikoete 'ru ki ga shoota!!

UMI WA! AOKU! KUMO WA! TAKAKU!
KAZE WA! KAORI! HOSHI WA! HIKARU!!
KOE WA! HIBIKU! HARUKA! TOOKU!!
BOKU WA! WARAU! KIMI MO!!






Everyone clapped. Kimiko got down from the stage, smiling her head off.

“That was so fun and it actually went well!”

“Yeah XD Well done Kimi!”

“Looking for our next singer! C'mon, don't be shy!” The DJ beckoned.

“MY TURN MY TURN!!” Hay Lin squealed.

“Hey there, another little lady! What's your name?”

“Hay Lin!”

“Well Hay Lin, what are you gonna sing for us?”

“Cool by Gwen Stefani!”

“Okay!”







It's hard to remember how it felt before

Now I found the love of my life

Passes things, get more comfortable

Everything is going right



And after all the obstacles

It's good to see you now with someone else

And it's such a miracle that you and me are still good friends

After all that we've been through

I know we're cool

I know we're cool



We used to think it was impossible

Now you call me by my new last name

Memories seem like so long ago

Time always kills the pain



Remember Harbour Boulevard

The dreaming days where the mess was made

Look how all the kids have grown, oh

We have changed but we're still the same

After all that we've been through

I know we're cool

I know we're cool



Yeah, I know we're cool



And I'll be happy for you

If you can be happy for me

Circles and triangles

And now we're hanging out with your new girlfriend

So far from where we've been

I know we're cool

I know we're cool



C-cool, I know we're cool

I know we're cool







Everyone clapped again obviously ^^





“Phew! NEXT singer?? The party's not over yet!!”

“Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me!!!” Yelled Eyumi.

“ANOTHER LITTLE LADY, okay! What's your name and what are you gonna sing for us?”

“My name is Eyumi and I'm going to sing Trauma by Ayumi Hamasaki!”

“Okie doke!”





kyou no ureshikatta kao kyou no kanashikatta kao!
kinou yowakatta jibun to ashoota kitto tsuyoi jibun to!
anata nara dare ni miseteru watashi nara dare ni misereba ii!

jikan nante mono wa totemo toki toshoote zankoku de
demo sono zankokusa yue ni ima ga tsukurarete

hito wo motome yamanai no wa isshun no kaihou ga
yagate otozureru kyoufu ni katte iru kara

ashimoto de yurete iru hana ni sae ki zukanai mama de
toorisugite kita watashi wa kagami ni mukaenaku natte iru!!

kyou no ureshikatta kao kyou no kanashikatta kao
kinou iyasareta kizu to kyou fukaku hiraita kuzu wo!
anata nara dare ni miseteru watashi nara dare ni misereba ii!

ataerareta jibun dake no shouki to kyouki ga atte
sono dochira mo hitei sezu ni sonzai suru nara

muda na mono afurete shimatta mono yaku tatanai mono mo
mayowazu ni erabu yo sou watashi ga watashi de aru tame ni ne

shiawase no kijun wa itsumo jibun no mono sashi de kimete kita kara

kyou no ureshikatta kao kyou no kanashikatta kao
kinou iyasareta kizu ga kyou hirakidashoota toshootemo
anata nara dare ni misereru watashi nara ano hito ni misetai!!!





AGAIN, everyone clapped. By this time, everybody was full from eating theme park junk food, had throats sore from singing, had body bones still rattling from all the hardcore rides and they were generally knackered.

“Golden Tiger Claws!!!!”







To be continued







Notes:



Some word meanings I forgot to mention in the last chapter.

Ikimono - Animal (Japanese)

Yuuki - courage, bravery, valour, nerve, boldness (Japanese)



Words from this chapter:

Gambatte - Do your best, stick at it (Japanese)

Kikei - Freak, deformity, abnormality, tricks, wiles (Japanese)

Kekkou - splendid, nice, well enough, tolerably, wonderful

ZhiZhu - Spider (Chinese)

Kawairashii - Lovely, sweet (Japanese)






















































Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

xxLennexx on September 30, 2005, 12:35:23 AM

xxLennexx on
xxLennexxyay needler in story and once again the chapt rox!!!!!!!!!!! how do ya do it?

needler on September 25, 2005, 8:50:58 PM

needler on
needlerYaay,cool...It would be awesome if you could put Lynn in,but its okay because you probably dont know her too well,ah oh well!
---
Awesome work,keep it up!