Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Dawning of Sorrow

Another story of mine that i did a few years back. This isn't like your typical stories but this is more like a creation story about how the world and other things came to be. But it eventually sounds like a story when i give it a main character XD.

Chapter 1 - The Dawning of Sorrow

Chapter 1 - The Dawning of Sorrow
Long, long ago before the earth and the heavens were created, there lived two Deities, The Elder Deity went by the name of Psych; he could peer into the soul of any creature. While the Younger Deity was known as Cour, she has the ability to read the heart of any creature. Thus creating a balance between the two, and both were satisfied.

One day Psyche accidentally broke Cour's staff. Cour who read her brother’s heart was furious that he had not told her the truth. Cour retaliated by breaking her brother's sword with her broken staff. The sword had broken in half and Psyche exploded with anger.

Both were so outraged that they declared war upon one another. The battle had lasted seven day and seven nights. And on each of the seven days, the two Deities' emotions were so strong that they created Gods. On the first day there came to be the God, Vir. Vir embodied the feeling of pride and vanity and he thought he was the best among the other Deities. The second day created the God Ceive, who embodied the emotion of envy, he wanted everything that the other Gods had. The third day brought Solus, who embodied gluttony and would not be happy until he had all his hearts desires. With the fourth day came Aphrodesia who embodied the feelings of lust and he had an inordinate craving for pleasures of the body. The fifth day brought rise to Cid the embodiment of wrath and he wanted to destroy the other Deities. The sixth day created Vest, who embodied Greed and wanted nothing more than the greatest treasures in the entire world. And lastly with the last day came Cede who embodied the feelings of sloth and he would lazily do nothing but enjoy the comforts of life. These seven Gods would come to be known as the Seven Deadly Sins.

On the eighth day, Cour realized that her and her brother were being foolish and went to go apologize. Upon the return for Cour's love for her brother, another Deity was born. This Deity was a Goddess who embodied love, hope, and everything pure. But unlike the other seven Deities who were previously born before her, she took the shape of a mere child. Cour who adored this new Deity gave her the name of Sapheneia, but Cour feared for Sapheneia's life, as she was naive. So Cour sealed her away inside a giant lotus. Sapheneia would only awaken once the entire world was consumed by chaos.

Cour went to go request a truce but Psych was still blind with fury. Psych then impaled Cour straight in the heart and took her life. Cour's body then became the earth, and her heart the sun. Cour's last words gave sound to the world and created the heavens. While the sword that had impaled her became the moon and the stars. Mourning his sister's death, Psych had realized the terrible thing that he had done. His tears fell upon earth thus creating rain and made pools of water, forming oceans.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment