Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The Unbreakable Samsara

Another story of mine that i did a few years back. This isn't like your typical stories but this is more like a creation story about how the world and other things came to be. But it eventually sounds like a story when i give it a main character XD.

Chapter 4 - The Unbreakable Samsara

Chapter 4 - The Unbreakable Samsara
The seven Deities were now more restless than ever. Each wanted to be the one and only Deity but all were equally matched. The seven Deities each created large armies of Humans to try and conquer the other cities. This war lasted for many weeks and each city had great number of casualties. All hope seemed lost the Humans would all kill each other in this war for power.

The entire world was now consumed by chaos. The sun no longer shone and the wind refused to blow. The seven Deities would surely destroy the earth in their rampage.

Then light broke out across the sky. The Humans and Beasts alike looked up to the bright light that shone down upon them. This light was not from the sun but from another Deity. This Deity came down from the sky and landed in the middle of the battle. Just by her presence she had stopped the battle that had been going on for so long.

The seven Deities did not know of where this light could be coming from or why they armies have stopped battling. They each went out to the battlefield to see a mere child standing among the soldiers. She was no ordinary child for she has a mysterious white aura that surrounded her presence. The seven Deities asked for her name and the child called herself Sapheneia. Sapheneia called out to her brothers but the seven Deities roared in laughter, as far as they knew, they had no sister. Sapheneia pleaded for her brothers to stop the war, as it would surely be the end of all life on earth.

Beautiful singing then filled the air, such a sweet sound no earthly being could possibly produce. The seven Deities were mesmerized and could not stop listening, their eyelids grew heavy, each became drowsy, and finally they all collapsed in a deep slumber. Sapheneia stopped singing and went to each of her brothers and drew something from each of their chests. From each chest she drew an orb, this orb contained their very soul. She placed their souls in the giant statues that each of the Deities created in honor of themselves. Her seven brothers would be sealed for all eternity within the statues. While the seven bodies of each Deity turned in lotus petals and were swept away by the wind, their evil had been left upon the world. The feelings of Pride, Wrath, Lust, Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, and Lust now filled every creature on earth.

The Humans and Beasts came together for one glorious moment and cheered as the war was finally over. They praised Sapheneia as their hero and threw a festival in her honor. Sapheneia knew that she would be sealed once again into the Lotus and revealed a prophecy to the Humans and Beasts.

“A girl, half Beast and half Sprite, with flowing snow white hair and eyes so green they look like emeralds. A mark upon her forehead will reveal who she is, a lotus. She will become your humble Empress and maintain peace within the seven cities.”

The Humans and Beasts were appalled at the idea of this girl. How can someone that was neither Human nor Beast become the Empress? As they looked angrily at Sapheneia, all Sapheneia did was smile.

“This girl has within her the best of both worlds; the intellect of the Beasts and great magical powers, while from the Sprites she has great strength and bravery. Do not question anymore, as she is the reincarnation of the very Goddess who gave you this earth to live upon and warms you with the sun. Who with all her love created the very “hero” you were honoring. This girl is the reincarnation of Cour.”

With that the anger subsided and both Humans and Beasts embraced the idea of this girl. Sapheneia’s job was complete and started to return to the Lotus for eternal slumber. The crowd called out to Sapheneia and asked for the name of their Empress, and Sapheneia whispered.

“Emmelyn.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment