Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Part Four

[Complete] Their arranged marriage was a tug–of–war: a war–of–wits, a war–of–pride, a war–of–dominance. But if both ever succumb to each other, will either survive the other's trials or the real war brewing around them? [Draco & Angelina]

Chapter 4 - Part Four

Chapter 4 - Part Four

 
Chapter Sixteen: To Keep - To Break

Lord Voldemort sat on his throne with one leg tucked under himself, leaning on his left armrest with his chin in his hand looking down at one of his Death Eaters. “So you''re telling me, that thirteen of you couldn’t bring me one man?”

“Like you said yourself my Lord, he’s the best,” Draco explained.

“Yet he kept you alive?” Voldemort’s young face looked at him suspiciously.

Draco shrugged. “What can I say; my father is more sentimental than I once thought.”

Ginny, who was sitting in her throne next to Voldermort spoke up. “And yourself, Malfoy, you just watched him escape?”

“I’m afraid I did. Like I said before my Lady, he stupefied me first before killing the others.” Draco avoided making eye contact with Ginny. “I thought he was just saving me for last, but after killing the others, he just looked at me like I betrayed him.”

Ginny noticed Draco’s lack of eye contact, but he had never made a lot of eye contact with her before, even in school. It was his way of denying his attraction to her. But after he had stopped dating Pansy in the beginning of his last year of school, he no longer saw the need in avoiding his desires for her.

Then during that holiday break, Ginny learned of his engagement to Angelina Johnson, and when he came back to school he had started avoiding her again. But their separation didn’t last long, because after school ended he came back to her, even though by that time she was with Voldemort again. But denying Draco, after she had already had him, was something she couldn’t seem to stop herself for doing, even though she loved Voldemort and couldn’t care less about Draco.

“You’re dismissed, Malfoy,” Voldemort told him. Draco lowered his head in a bow and existed from the throne room. “What do you think, love?”

“I think he’s lying,” she told him. “To protect his father.”

“As do I,” he agreed. “Should we have him killed?”

“No,” Ginny said a little too quickly for Voldemort''s comfort. “I mean not yet anyway. I want Lucius first. So I think we should have someone keep an eye on Draco. If we wait long enough he’ll lead us to Lucius. Then as you promised me, I want to watch him die.”

Voldemort reached out and took Ginny’s hand; he then brought it to his lips and kissed it. “Whatever you wish, love.”

Ginny smiled. “You spoil me, Tom.”

“As a Queen should be.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Rosalina cried as she flared her plump arms splashing water, from the sink she was sitting in, all over her mother as she tried to bathe her. “I’m guessing she doesn’t like baths,” Percy commented from a safe distance at the kitchen table.

“No, that’s not it.” Angelina washed the soap off of Rosalina. “She’s just missing her father. She’s never gone this long without seeing him before.”

“How about you?" Percy asked, just trying to make conversation. "What’s the longest you’ve ever been away from Malfoy?”

“Since we’ve been married?” Angelina let out the water in the sink. “I would say, a little over five months, but that was only because of school.” She lifted her daughter out of the sink and headed towards the guest bedroom she had settled into over the last two weeks. “Calm down, Rose.” Who was still fussing as she got her dressed.

“Quite a handful isn’t she?” Percy asked, leaning on the door frame.

“Would you expect anything less from a Malfoy?” Angelina asked with a smile. She dressed Rosalina in a cute red and green outfit. She was planning on taking some pictures and sending them to Draco, knowing that he was missing them as much as they were missing him.

“Do you know your daughter’s wardrobe is more expensive than this house?”

Angelina laughed. “Yeah, I did.” Knowing that the clothes packed were only a small faction of the ones that were left at home. “Draco has very expensive taste. He’s buys most of Rose’s clothes.” She then added, “And the majority of mine.”

“He doesn’t even let you pick out your own clothes?” Percy asked in disbelief.

Angelina turned her focus to him. “You make it sound like a bad thing.”

“Come on now, Lina, doesn’t that sound a bit controlling to you?”

She shrugged. “I just always thought of it as cute.”

“Malfoy? Doing something cute?" Percy shuddered. "Scary.” He smiled as he left before Angelina could throw something at him.

“Come on, babe,” she tied a bib around Rosalina’s neck, “let’s go get you something to eat.” Then as Angelina walked back to the kitchen she started to wonder about Percy’s words. Was Draco controlling? Was she giving in to him slowly as the years went on? Was she really becoming one of those wives who husbands said, ‘Jump’ and she answered with, ‘How high?’ and if so, why did it take her so long to notice?

“Percy.” She joined him in the living room, he was watching TV. Angelina had spoken to Draco about getting a TV once, because she often got bored in the house, but he told her it was stupid Muggle invention that only existed to rot the brain. A week after that, Draco had found her job application for Gringotts. He tore it up in front of her and told her that her only job was to raise his child and be an obedient wife.“Were you playing or do you really think that Draco may-” There came a knock at the door.

“Hold that thought,” he told her as he went to answer it and found a postman waiting there. “That’s strange,” he said after he had closed the door. “It’s for you.”

“I got mail, through the Muggle post?” Angelina watched as Percy put her package on the table. Then handed Rosalina over to him so she could she what it was.

“Yes, sometimes it’s faster than sending an owl.” Percy watched as Angelina’s face lit up when she realized who it was from. As if anyone else knows she’s here, he thought shaking his head.

“It’s from Draco.” She tore open the post box to find the present she had been shaking under the tree just a few weeks ago. She put it close to her ear and shook it once more. “What do you think? Should I wait till Christmas?” she asked Percy.

He shrugged. “I would, but that''s me.”

Angelina smiled at him. She then tore the wrapping off the box and next the tape that sealed it. She giggled as she took out a teddy bear dressed like an angel. “He got me the bear.” She held it tightly as she thought about the first time she had seen it.

She and Draco had gone Christmas shopping for Rosalina when they discovered this new toy store. As they passed the window to enter through the doors Angelina noticed this amazing arrangement of teddy bears. So as they were looking for something for their daughter, Angelina’s eyes kept wandering back to the display of bears, especially the one dressed like an angel with a golden halo around its head.

“See something you like for yourself?” Draco had asked after a few moments. She shook her head no. “Good,” he walked away from her to look at something that had caught his eye, “proper grown women don’t need toys.” The comment had hurt her, but she smiled and went on about her business.

Angelina then reached for the card, that was still inside the box, it read: For a marriage that has never been described as ''Proper'', but always full of love.

She looked at her bear once more and realized that it didn’t have the golden halo she had seen it with in the store. Instead the halo was green and handed painted on it were tulips that spelled out the words, ‘Little Angel’ which was the meaning of her name.

“Lina?” Percy called. “You were saying something before. What was it?”

Angelina just smiled at her bear. “Nothing.” She shook her head. “Just a silly thought.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Draco couldn’t sleep, he was tossing and turning, it was just too warm for his taste as he kicked off his sheets to the floor. He was wearing nothing more than a pair of boxers that Angelina had bought him. “Just so when we''re in public and I’m stripping you down in my mind''s eye, I don''t have to guess between boxers, briefs, or commando,” was what she jokingly said to him that day.

Draco groaned as he looked at the clock on the night stand, it was nearly three thirty in the morning on December thirty-first. “Ahhh!” He threw Angelina’s pillow across the room in frustration. He thought it strange that he could never remember their anniversary, for some reason he always thought it was January first. It figured that the first time he remembered the right day it would be the first time he had to go without her.

He looked at the little date in the corner of the alarm clock; it was mocking him, taunting him really. He just wanted to slam it up against the wall and watch it break into a million pieces. He sat up knowing sleep was defiantly not on the list for this early morning. He turned on a light and reached inside the night stand drawer.

He pulled out a packet of photos that Angelina had sent him and flipped through them. He smiled at the photo where his wife winked and blew him a kiss. She was dressed in a red and green outfit that matched their daughter’s. He was so happy the day the pictures had arrived, he was missing his family more than he should have allowed himself, but he just couldn’t help it. So he decided he would surprise his wife and go to Percy’s the next morning.

When he chose Percy to look after his family, it wasn''t for his own comfort, but for Angelina''s. That and he knew the possibly of Fred coming around was next to none. He had seen the way Fred looked at his brother in disgust. He didn''t know what their deal was and honestly he didn''t care. All that mattered was that Angelina felt safe. And so he chose her a fellow former Gryffindor and was glad he had accepted to help.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It was about ten in the morning when Draco arrived at Percy''s. Percy, with a slight hesitation, let him in and then headed towards the kitchen to prepare breakfast for the three of them.

Draco headed down the hall to the guest room and tried to open the door, but it was locked. He pulled out his wand and used a simple spell to unlock it, but strangely it didn''t work, so he used a more powerful one and then he heard the click of the lock. He went inside and first checked on his daughter who was sleeping peacefully.

He then turned to Angelina who had a troubled expression on her face as she slept. Draco kicked off his shoes and climbed into bed with her. “Angelina,” he softly called. “Angelina, wake up.” He snaked his arm around her waist and then gave her a kiss on her cheek.

All of sudden, Angelina jumped and yelled, “Stop Percy. No!” Her hand then immediately went to her forehead and her eyes were bloodshot, clear signs to Draco that she had been drinking. He had never approved of her drinking, she had a tendency to go overboard with it and he often had to stop her before she did.

And then he noticed something odd as her hand was on her forehead. There was a slight discoloration on her wrist. “Tulip?” Angelina’s face was full of surprise as her eyes now focused on her husband.

“Draco!” she said excitedly and wrapped her arms around him. “I’ve missed you so much. Is it safe to come home yet?”

“Tulip,” Draco pushed her away slightly. “Why did you think I was Weasley?” Draco watched as Angelina’s eyes looked towards the bedroom door and then shook her head. “Did something happen?” Draco asked with concern. “Something I should know about?”

“No,” she said calmly, but a bit too quickly.

Draco could sense something wasn’t right as he thought, Why did she yell out like that? She couldn''t possibly be afraid of. . . “Did Weasley touch you?” He asked angrily and started to rise out of bed. “If he has, I swear I’ll kill him this day.”

“No. Heavens no!” Angelina shook her head feverishly. “It was just a bad dream, love, honest.” She pulled him back to her. “Percy has been a perfect host.”

“Are you sure?” he asked looking at her wrist. Angelina nodded her head. Draco forced a believable smile; something told him this went beyond a bad dream, but he would give his wife the benefit of the doubt. “Look at me, jumping to conclusions. See how crazy I go without you?” he asked as he and his wife embraced. “Besides, Weasley wouldn’t know what do with a woman even if he had an instruction manual.”

“Yeah,” Angelina said too softly to hear as she reveled being in Draco’s arms. She then closed her eyes as she remembered the night before, wishing it would all just fade away.

“Just one kiss,” Percy had said to her as they sat like they did every night in front of the fire. “To celebrate the new year.” His smile was sweet. “What harm could come from one kiss?” he had asked.

So Angelina shrugged and agreed, Yeah, what harm? And the kiss was harmless. It was sweet, shy, and childlike, just like the first kiss they had ever shared. And maybe it would have stopped at one kiss, if they hadn’t spent the last few hours drinking a couple bottles of champagne and firewhiskey in celebration.

So maybe it was the high level of alcohol or the soft music playing in the background or maybe, more than likely, the fact that they were both still very attracted to each other, because the moment their lips touched a flash of past delight resurfaced in their heads.

And Percy realized he wanted more than a memory, he wanted to feel the way he did back when they were together and so he kissed her again, but this time with more purpose. Angelina soon found herself kissing him back, until she realized what she was doing, so rather slowly she pulled away from his inviting mouth. "Stop Percy," she shook her head. "No."

Percy was flushed with embarrassment as he nodded in understanding, but it appeared that his hands had a mind of their own as they reached for Angelina once more and pulled her to him. He fell back onto the floor as he firmly held Angelina pressed against his body.

Angelina struggled to get out of his bear like grip. Percy only chuckled softly. "You''re not even trying, Lina," he teased.

"Percy, let go," she demanded.

And he did what was requested of him, but Angelina stayed right where she was. In fact, a smile threaten her features as she stared into his blue eyes, licking her lips, wanting more. And so she closed her eyes and once again her lips found Percy’s which were as firm as his grip had been, but as gentle as anything she could imagine.

Her hands soon found his soft red hair as she felt his hands once again find her body. She moaned in pleasure as he stroked her back and gradually work his way down to her butt which he eagerly began to squeeze. “Lina,” he panted as she broke the kiss and straddled him. His hands then began moving up her smooth thighs, lifting her green nightgown.

Angelina could now feel the bulge in his pants as it was pressed up between her legs. “Well, hello there big boy. Are you ready to come out and play?” She reached down and snapped the band of his pajamas.

Percy brought her back down to him and they rolled over on the floor, placing him on top. “Come on, Lina, you know I’m always up for a good time.” Angelina giggled as Percy sat on his knees and reached under her gown where he pulled off, or more like tore off, her blue cotton panties. He then threw them over his shoulder with a wicked smile on his face. A smile that Angelina knew only appeared when he was having fun, so it was quite rare to see.

Being a little tipsy, he was a little clumsy with his pajama bottoms before successfully taking them off. He then mounted Angelina and she took a hold of either side of his face as they began kissing again. “This isn’t how you like it and this isn’t how I want it,” she told him huskily into his ear after a moment.

Angelina was referring to their position. Percy always liked to be on the bottom; he liked being dominated over, which Angelina never quite understood. Percy was the kind of person who liked to be in control in everything that he did, but in bed it was different, he liked to be ordered around, taking the submissive role.

Percy chuckled and that smile reappeared on his face. “Then tell me what you want,” he said between kisses. “Tell me what you need.” He then sat up pulling Angelina with him. “Tell me if you want it on the floor or if you want to take this to the bedroom.” He began kissing several parts of her face and neck. Angelina closed her eyes and tilted her head back.

Then suddenly she thought, You’re actually thinking about it, aren’t you?

She then proceeded to answer herself, I’ve already gone this far. Why not?

Why not! How about Draco?

Angelina rolled her eyes. What about him?

You promised him no more affairs!

Do you forget he made me that same promise? Angelina was tired of lying to herself. But I know he was with someone else. I could sense it. Damn that, I could smell it!

You’re overreacting.

Bull-

Draco loves you! Besides, what if he didn’t do anything wrong and he finds out about you and Percy? You know very well he won’t forgive another betrayal. Angelina wasn''t as drunk as she thought she was, because this conversation in her head was very clear. He may not stop at Percy.

And you call that love? If you do, then I don''t understand. Am I just suppose to spend the rest of my life. . . afraid. . . of my husband?

No, you’re just suppose to live the life you’ve chosen.

I didn’t choose this life!

Yes, you did, when you made the choice to stay. Not because you were afraid of him or even his father, but because you love him. Now come on! Are you really ready to throw that away?

Angelina sighed. “Percy,” she said slowly. “I need - oh, hmm. . .” she moaned with the touch of his hand moving up and then beyond her thigh. “I need you to. . .” she gasped loudly as she felt Percy''s finger and then another slip inside of her.

Percy then brought his face close to hers, his breath suductive on her lips as he purred, “Go on, Lina, tell me.”

“Percy," she murmured, closing her eyes before letting the gap between their lips disappear. Angelina savored his taste as their tongues dance a dance once thought forgotten. Why did I leave this man? she thought as she ran one hand up his chest while the other combed through his hair.

Still kissing, Percy brought up his free hand to meet Angelina''s. At his movement, Angelina opened her eyes and caught sight of Percy''s wedding band. She closed her eyes again, trying to imagine that they were still teenagers back at Hogwarts, but couldn''t as she finally, but slowly, broke the kiss. She then saw her own wedding ring, the one Draco had given her. "Percy," she whispered.

With a playful smirk coming back to his face he looked to her. "Have you made up you mind?" he asked her.

"Yes," she shallowed hard, reaching down for his hand and removing it from her body. "I need you to stop."

Percy slightly pulled away a bit confused as he looked at her. “Stop?”

She shook her head. “I can’t do this,” she simply stated. “Besides, we’ve both had way too much to drink. We’ll only regret it in the morning, so let’s just stop.” She took a moment to pull down her nightgown and cover herself. She then started to get up, but as soon as she did, she was roughly pulled back down to the floor. "Hey!"

"Why do you always toy with me?" Percy asked in a sudden burst of anger, his eyes becoming ice cold.

"Let me go." He was holding her wrists tightly, pinning her to the floor.

"Why was I never good enough for you!" he yelled. "What made Fred better than me! Why did you kill my child!" he then breathed heavily as he stared at Angelina, waiting for her response. He then leaned down, placing himself in between her legs before nestling his face against her neck before whispering in her ear. "Why won''t you answer me Lina? Hmm? Why?" he asked in agony before roughly crushing his lips against hers.

Angelina fought underneath him as she struggled to get up. "Percy, stop!" she yelled when his mouth left hers.

"You used to ask for me to give to you rough. Don''t you remember, Lina? Don''t you remember how good we used to make each other feel?" Angelina began to breath heavily, not believing this was happening. There was no way he could be capable of this. "Dammit, Lina!" he yelled when she once again gave him no response, pulling her from the ground and pushing her back down. "Answer me!"

"Stop it, Percy!" she cried loudly, refusing the urge to tell him he was hurting her. "Get off!" She struggled once again.

"Just calm down!" he shouted. "I''m not going to hurt you," he said calmly.

"Then get off." Her eyes began to water. "Because I swear to God, if you don''t . . ."

Percy straightened himself back up and looked at Angelina''s distraught face beneath him. He sulked as he backed away from her, mentally cursing himself for his uncharacteristic behavior as she sat up. He then said gently, "Lina, I didn''t mean to-"

"Don''t," she interrupted him as she closed her eyes tightly and held herself. "Percy. . ." she said slowly. "I''m sorry."

"What?" If Percy thought he was confused before. "Lina, no. You''re not the one that-"

"Percy, please," she cut him off again, but this time looked at him. "I know back then, that I hurt you and badly. It''s just, it got to a point where I couldn''t handle being runner up to Clearwater anymore." She shook her head. "Then when I got pregnant, it was just too much for me. You don’t know how ashamed I felt about myself and how ashamed I still feel. It was just easier to pretend it didn''t happen, which meant pretending we never happened and for that I am sorry."

She wiped away her tears. "And then when I arrived back at school the next year, I just clanged on to Fred and George for dear life. I fancied George because he never judged me, never took anything too seriously, and always had my back, even if it went against the grain. But then I fell for Fred, and he was everything you weren''t and I loved him for it. He was this open book who was willing and ready for me to read. And being with him, made me realize just how messed up we were."

"I loved you, Lina," was Percy''s only response.

"Yes, but not enough." She rose from the floor and walked passed Percy.

"And Malfoy?" he called after her. "You''re telling me that you would rather be with someone him than me?"

She turned around. "Yes."

"Why? I bet he hasn''t even told you he loves you."

"You''re right, he hasn''t, but he shows me through what he does. And that''s more than you ever did." She turned back around.

Percy picked himself up off the floor. And gently grabbed Angelina''s arm and turned her to him. "Then let me show you tonight." He put his hand on her hip, gradually guiding her towards the wall. "I was only a boy then, but let me show you the man I''ve become." He caressed her face.

Angelina stared into his eyes, she so tempted. She then sighed taking his hand in her own and kissing his palm. She then lowered his hand as she shook her head. "I''m sorry, but no." She explained, "I just can’t break another promise to my husband.” Draco and Angelina had made a lot of rules and promises when it came to each other and together they had broken a lot of them. But Angelina was determined to keep one, this one. She then slipped away from her former lover''s touch. “Happy New Year, Percival.”

Percy was dumbfounded as he let her slip away, for the second time in his life. “Happy New Year, Angelina,” he replied bitterly and then watched her walk down the hallway towards her room. He then heard the click of the lock.

And now Angelina was back in Draco’s arms and she was glad that she had had enough restraint to stop herself from doing something she knew she would have surely regretted. “I’ve missed you, Draco.”

“I’ve missed you, too.”

And then a horrifying thought crossed Angelina’s mind which made her hang on even tighter to Draco. You were able to resist temptation of the one you considered your first love, but what if it had been the one you still find yourself secretly thinking about, the one you still consider the love of your life? What if it had been the Weasley you know you couldn’t resist? What if it had been Fred?

“Tulip, what’s wrong? You’re shaking.”

 
Chapter Seventeen: Come What May

Percy, Angelina, and Draco sat around the kitchen table to eat the breakfast that Percy had prepared. Draco noticed how Angelina and Percy purposely sat as far as they could from each other and avoided speaking with one another, other than the ‘good morning’ they had greeted each other with.

Angelina had told him that nothing had happened and he believed her, though the scene in front of him was making him think otherwise. “Ow!” Angelina dropped her fork and reached under the table. “Draco, move your hand,” she demanded.

Draco had been resting his hand on Angelina’s leg and without realizing it, he had started squeezing it. He let go and rose from the table, he knew needed to calm down. “Excuse me a moment.” He walked towards the kitchen door, pushed it opened and walked out.

“Lina, about last night, I truly am sorry,” Percy stated as soon as Draco was out of sight.

Angelina rubbed her leg. “It’s okay. We were both a little out of it.”

"Yeah, I know." He picked at his food. "It''s just I don’t want things to be weird between us,” Percy confessed. “It’s been nice having you here.”

Angelina smiled. “I’ve enjoyed being here myself.”

“So, are you going to tell him about last night?” Percy asked referring to Draco.

Angelina shook her head. “No. There''s no need in talking about something that didn’t happen, right?”

“Right,” he agreed. He then stared at her for a moment. "I want to be honest with you, Lina."

Angelina looked back at him. "About what?"

He sighed. "I want you to know, that the offer I made last night, is still on the table. So if you ever change your mind."

"I won''t," she said immediately.

"But if you do," he continued, as he reached across the table and took her hand. "Know that I''m always here." Angelina stared down at their hands for a moment and then looked at the man before her. He was right; he was certainly not the boy he had once been and before she even realized, she was nodding her head.

Percy smiled and feeling good about their conversation he relaxed and started to enjoy his breakfast. But that state of relaxation didn’t last long as the kitchen door abruptly swung open and something swift and silver went flying through the air. “Ahhh!” A familiar looking dagger struck Percy in the shoulder and he fell out of his seat.

“Draco!” Angelina rose from her seat, but got up too quickly and fell back down into her chair.

Draco went over and pushed the raising Percy back down onto the floor. Taking the handle of the dagger he began to twist it and Percy once again yelled out.

“Draco! What in Merlin’s name are you doing?” Angelina rose from her seat again and went to pull Draco off of Percy.

Draco removed the hand holding down Percy and replaced it with a knee. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a balled up piece of blue fabric. Percy stared at it for a moment and then a dawning look slowly appeared on his face. They were Angelina’s cotton panties. “Yeah, I found these in the living room under the chair. Care to explain?”

“Draco,” Angelina spoke up, trying to think quickly. “I- I um- I was folding laundry in the living room, I must have dropped them. Now get off of him!”

“Why are you protecting him?” Draco looked up at her.

“Huh?” Angelina was confused.

Draco looked back down at Percy. “What did you do? Threaten her not to tell me?” He twisted the dagger again. “Thought I was too stupid to figure it out? Huh?”

“Draco, what the hell are you talking about?” Angelina asked as she looked at Percy gritting his teeth trying to hold in his shouts of pain.

“Your hangover and bruised wrist, Tulip? Then there was the double-charmed lock door, the bad dream where you’re yelling out, ‘Stop Percy, no,’ and your torn underwear in the living room.” He yanked out the dagger and blood spurted all over the kitchen floor. “You bastard, you took advantage of my wife and now I’m going to cut off your little dick," he growled. "You said I could trust you!”

“That’s not what happened, Draco!” Angelina got on her knees and applied pressure to Percy’s wound. All the shouting had woken Rosalina up and they could hear faint crying coming from the guest room.

“I didn’t betray your goddamn trust, Malfoy!” Percy finally spoke out.

“Shut up!” Draco jabbed the dagger once again into Percy.

“Stop!” Angelina yelled. She then slowly reached for Draco''s hand holding the dagger and said softly, “Love, please let him go. He didn’t hurt me. We were a little drunk, yes, and things got a bit out of hand-”

“So you fracked him?” She was cut off as she felt Draco’s hand tighten around the dagger as he stared down Percy.

“No! That’s what I’m trying to say. Nothing happened,” she replied. “Now let him go!” But he would not move. "Draco, baby, believe me. . . please."

Draco looked into his pleading wife''s eyes. He then slowly pulled out his dagger, wiped it on Percy’s shirt and placed it back into his holster. “Go see about Rose.”

“No.” She didn’t trust him alone with Percy. “I’ll see to Percy, you go check on Rosalina.”

It took a moment before he spoke. “Fine.” He stood. “See to him, but then we’re leaving, you’re not staying here anymore.” Draco then left the kitchen.

Angelina said nothing as she pulled out her wand and addressed Percy’s wounds. She was no Madam Pomfrey, but after having to deal with Draco that night he had come home after the Final Battle, she thought it was best to learn a few new skills.

“Thank you,” Angelina finally said.

“For what?” Percy asked as he sat up.

“For not killing him,” she stated. “I don’t think Draco noticed in his anger, but I saw your hand, it was on your wand the whole time.”

Percy shrugged. “How could I have attacked a man, who thought he was doing nothing more, than coming to the defense of his wife?" He sighed. "Besides, I was kind of a jerk last night.”

“No, you''re a good man, Percy.”

He shook his head. “Now we both know that isn’t true.” He lifted himself off the floor and Angelina followed suit. “If I were, I wouldn’t have the uncanny ability to drive everyone that I know or care about away.”

“You’re too hard on yourself.” She put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

“You may want to check on Malfoy before he starts to think we’re doing something else in here.”

At the mention of Draco, Angelina’s ears perked up. “Do you hear that?” she asked.

There was a moment of silence before Percy shook his head. “I don’t hear anything.”

“Exactly. We should at least be able to hear Draco. He likes to sing to Rose to keep her calm.”

Percy arched an eyebrow. “Malfoy sings?”

“I’m serious. Something’s not right.” Angelina’s hand went to her stomach. “I''ll be back.”

Angelina left the kitchen; everything seemed fine in the living room, so she went down the hall to the guest bedroom. She stood in the doorway and saw Draco leaning on the crib stroking his daughter’s head, as she fell back to sleep. “You lied to me,” he said sensing her. “You said you would never lie to me and I believed you.”

“I just didn’t want you to harm him.”

“I thought he had hurt you.” He then turned his head to her. “So tell me, what else have you lied to me about?”

Angelina crossed her arms and shifted her weight to one side. “What secrets are you hiding from me? Because trust is a two way street, if you didn’t know.”

Draco weighed his options, he knew if he forced Angelina to play her hand, he would be forced to play is own and he wasn’t ready to fold just yet. “Fine,” his voice was dark as his focus went back to Rosalina. “You just better hope I don’t find out on my own, because I will not be forgiving.”

Angelina walked up to him and pulled him away from the crib until he was looking down at her. “Is that a threat, Draco?”

Draco narrowed his eyes and bared his teeth. His expression then turned into one of concern as he shook his head and took a step back. “No, of course not. I didn’t mean for it to come out that way.”

Angelina sighed in relief. “I don’t want to fight with you,” she admitted.

“I don’t want to fight either, but-” he groaned in frustration. “Dammit, Tulip.” He stepped around her and began pacing the room. “I don’t know what you want from me. Haven’t I given you everything, haven’t I. . . ”

He went on, but Angelina was no longer paying attention as she recalled a conversation she had earlier that month. He has given you everything right down to his very soul and that has left him vulnerable.

She then thought, He didn’t see the wand in Percy’s hand because he was too worried thinking about me. If it had been anyone other than Percy they would have attacked. If I don’t do something, Draco is going to get himself killed over me.

“. . . so we’ll pack and when Rose wakes up we’ll go home.” She caught the end of Draco’s speech.

“No.” Angelina looked to the floor. “I’m staying here.”

Draco arched an eyebrow as he lowered his head and looked to his wife. “Excuse me?”

“We’re trying too hard Draco.” She shook her head slowly. “Love isn’t supposed to be this hard or have this many trials.” Draco looked at her in disbelief. “Maybe we should just finally stop lying to ourselves and admit that we were never a good match.”

“Tulip, what are you doing?” he asked as he watched her take off her rings.

“I’m taking you up on your offer. Like I should have done the first time,” she explained. “I want out, Draco.” She reached for his hand and turned it palm up. She then gently gave him back the rings and closed his fingers around them. “I want out.” The words were as painful to say as they were to hear.

Draco opened his hand and stared at the rings sitting there. He then squeezed them tightly in his hand as he put them in his pocket. “I’m not just going to allow you to leave me, you know that.”

“You said you wouldn’t stop me.”

“That was then.” His face showed no sign of the pain and fear Angelina knew he was going through, but refused to show.

“Did you cheat on me?” Angelina suddenly asked.

“What?” His stoic expression was now gone as he heard the question.

“I didn’t stutter,” she replied. “I want to know.”

“Angelina.” He reached out for her, but she maneuvered herself out his reach.

“For once Draco, tell me the truth about something. Did you cheat on me?” she asked again.

Draco sighed and swallowed hard before saying. “Yes, and I regret it.” He held his head high. Angelina wrapped her arms around herself and closed her eyes tightly. “Don’t do that. Don’t act like you’re hurt,” he said cruelly. “Because you’re no better than I am; getting piss arse drunk and fooling around with Weasley.”

“Maybe, but I didn’t sleep with Percy.”

“Yeah, that really gives me comfort. Because I''m sure if anything, Weasley was just too damn drunk to get it up.”

“Oh, believe me,” she smirked. “Unlike some people, Percy had no trouble in that department,” she then gasped as the last syllable escaped her mouth. Draco’s hand had snapped up and tightened itself around her small neck.

He then hissed, “Don’t you dare-”

“What?” she cut him off. “Did I say something you didn’t like? Did I offend the Great Draco Malfoy?” Her hands came up and she tried to loosen Draco’s grip. “Huh? Are you going to beat me now?” Her face was impassive, but Draco could feel her tremble over his touch. “In front of our daughter no less?”

Draco turned his attention towards the crib, to see Rosalina had not fallen back to sleep, but was watching silently at the actions taking place between him and Angelina. He then yanked Angelina closer to him and said with his mouth close to her ear. “You want to leave me?” he thought a moment. “Fine. But don’t you come crawling back when you realize you need me.”

“Need you? Don’t you get it Draco?” she asked. He could feel her warm breath on his neck. “I never needed,” she hesitated, “or loved you. And it''s funny that you think you were the reason I was sticking around. Come on now, I live the life of a fracking princess. A big house on a large estate with all the money I could ever spend. Plus the name ‘Malfoy’ that demands respect wherever I go,” she chuckled.

“Being your wife was only a mild irritation that I simply put up with. Because who could ever love a controlling, possessive, cold-hearted, sadistic murderer, void of any real emotions?” She felt Draco’s hand quickly drop from her neck and watched him step back. With her last words ringing in her ear, Angelina realized she couldn’t do this to him. “Draco, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it,” she said immediately and reached out to hug him, but Draco just stood there.

“Sad thing is, Tulip, somewhere deep inside of you, I think you did. Now take your filthy hands off me, before I make you,” he snarled.

Angelina pulled away and as she did Draco turned and walked over to the crib. “What are you doing?” she asked in a panic.

“Taking what’s mine,” he said over his shoulder as he went to gather Rosalina in his arms.

“Stop!” She went and yanked him away from the crib. “She’s my daughter too.”

“As far as you should be concerned, you no longer have a daughter,” he thought over his words. “Or a husband. You got what you want okay? So I hope you’re very happy with Weasley.”

“Draco, don’t take her.” She gently rested her hand upon his arm.

"Woman, you do not want to get in my way."

“Please, don’t do this. Please, don''t take her. I''m sorry, okay? I take it back, I take it all back," she grew upset. "Draco, I''m begging you, please-" Then without thinking she blurted out. "I can’t lose another child!” Her body shook.

Draco’s forehead creased as he swiftly turned to her. “Another?”

“You want to know the truth? Fine, I’ll give you the truth; just don’t take her from me!” She suddenly crumbled to her knees. “Please!” She was desperate.

“Tulip, what do you mean another?” He dropped to his knees in front of her and grabbed her arms. "Tell me now."

"Draco," she shook her head.

"Now woman," he demanded.

Angelina licked her lips and leaned her forehead against Draco’s chest. She then began slowly. “I became pregnant at the end of my fifth year,” she said in a small voice. “And I had convinced myself that the father of the child didn’t want it, but it was me, I didn’t want it. That summer I had already planned to go to South America to visit my aunt, so while I was there I found a clinic and I- I uh- had an um. . .” her voice trailed off.

Draco whispered something she couldn''t hear as he securely wrapped his arms around her.

“I killed my baby and I wanted nothing more than to pushed it out of my mind and forget about it, like it never happened, but then. . .” She lifted her head and looked into husband’s eye. “The real reason, I didn’t tell you I was pregnant with Rose was because I didn’t think I was going to be able to carry her to term. You see, something had gone wrong doing the procedure in South America and. . .”

She shook her head. “Draco, I can’t give you anymore children. I can’t give you an heir. Rosalina was a miracle within herself,” she explained. “Your father knows, but I don’t think he found out till after we were married. He tried to blackmail me with it, saying if you found out, you wouldn’t want me."

Angelina then thought about Fred and what he had said to her that night he had found out about her and Draco''s engagement.

But I always thought eventually we would be together. That you would one day take my name and be my wife. That one day you would have my children and we would grow old together. And if we can’t have that, if we can’t have it all, then there’s no point in being together.

Before then Angelina had feared what would happen, if Fred had ever found out the truth, but they had never gotten that far in their relationship. That night when she broke down after he left, it wasn''t only because he had left her because of Draco, but because he would have eventually left her anyway.

As she thought this she continued on with her conversation with Draco. "When I didn’t give in to that, he told me, if I didn’t leave you, I would be the reason you died. I didn’t believe him before, but then this very morning. . . Draco, I don’t want to leave you, but I will if it means you’ll live. I need you to live.”

“Tulip,” he said gently as he took either side of her face. “Don’t let my father manipulate you. Don’t let him tear us apart.”

“Did you see his wand?” she asked. “Did you see it?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t you get it?" she asked angrily. "When it comes to me, you don’t think straight and you''re blind to everything around you, missing the obvious.”

“Baby, now you’re just talking nonsense. Nothing is going to happen to me, okay? Everything is under control. My father was doing nothing more than putting crazy ideas into your head. You just have to have faith in us.”

“How? When we don’t have faith in each other.”

“You''re wrong," he pulled her rings out of his pocket and slipped them back onto her finger. "Because I have faith in you. And as long as you love me, that will never change. So know, no matter what I do or what I say or how angry we get at each other; know that you are my heart- No," he changed his mind quickly. "You''re more than that. You are my soul. The reason I wake, the very reason I breathe.” Angelina inwardly smiled, it was the most he had ever said about how he felt for her.

Angelina squeezed his hands. “I’m sorry, Draco, about what I said before.”

“Don’t be. You were only trying to protect me, I see that now. And if anyone should be apologizing it’s me.” He put his hand on her cheek. “I should know you better, I should have seen through it.” He shook his head. “I never meant to hurt you. . . I never mean to hurt you.” He lightly kissed her forehead, her nose, and her lips. “You know that right?” She nodded her head. “It''s just you caught me off guard and instinct kicked in. The thought of you being with someone else, the thought of you leaving me. . .” he paused and then said firmly, almost angrily. “Don’t ever leave me, you understand?” She nodded again. “Say it,” he demanded.

“I promise. I’ll never leave you.”

“Good,” he said, beginning again with his butterfly kisses.

“I love you,” Angelina said knowing Draco would never say it back to her, it just wasn’t in his nature, but she realized that his warming eyes and relieved smile was all she ever needed as he pulled her close, but then all of sudden, there came a loud boom and a crashing sound from the front of the house. “What the hell was that?” Angelina asked as she lifted her head away from Draco.

“I don''t know.” He stood and pulled out his wand. “Stay here.”

“No.” She reached for her own wand on the nightstand.

“Angelina.”

“Draco,” she said sternly.

His shoulders drop, her tone was one he would not argue with. “Fine, but you will stay behind me.” He then lifted his wand above his head and made a circle, putting up a ward to protect his daughter.

He then left the room with Angelina only a few steps behind. He immediately felt the cold winter air rush through the hall. He stepped into the living room to find the front door on the other side of the room. “Draco, watch out!” he suddenly heard Angelina yell, but before he could respond he saw a burst of bright light and then everything faded to black.

 
Chapter Eighteen: The Other Brother

Draco’s head was pounding as his heavy eyelids began to open. He groaned slightly as he began to make the motion of lifting his hand to his head, but found only that his hand was heavier than usual. His eyes then snapped open as he realized he was no longer in Percy’s home, but back in England. . . in the Dark Lord’s castle.

He was sitting on the floor with his wrists in chains, attached to the wall. The chains were spell proof, not even his wandless abilities could help him now. He was in the dungeon, but his own fate was not what he was concerned about at the moment. “Tulip, Rose,” he whispered weakly.

The dungeon was dark, cold, and damp as he looked around, thinking about how he had gotten himself into this situation, and how the hell he was going to get himself out. Just then a light started to shine in the distance above his head, a door was being opened. A person stepped through, but all Draco could make out was the silhouette. He could hear the sound of the person’s shoes as they descended the stairs towards him.

“Well, well, well, look what we’ve got here,” said the man as he approached.

“Where is my family? I demand to know.” Draco looked up at the face of his childhood rival, through half opened eyes, still fighting back the sleep.

Voldemort stepped closer. “You are in no position to demand anything, now are you?” He smirked as he squatted down in front of Draco. “But I’ll tell you what, tell me where your father is, and I’ll tell you all you need to know.”

“I don’t know where he is,” Draco spoke the truth as he cast his gaze downward. His father had left his house before Angelina went to Percy’s and he had not heard from him since.

“That’s a shame,” Voldemort began. “You have a beautiful child, you know. My Queen has become quite fond of her. She’s kind of taken her under her wing, as if she were her own,” he explained. “And I’m only happy when my Queen is happy, so we’ve decided to keep her as our own. Of course, we will have to change that ridiculous name of hers.” Draco held in his anger, this was neither the time nor the place to have Voldemort riled up. “And your wife. . .” Draco’s eyes immediately shoot towards him. The reaction made Voldemort grin. “Are you sure you don’t know where your father is? Because you know I could always have it tortured out of you.”

“And I still wouldn’t know,” Draco explained.

“Well, if you don’t know, maybe Mrs. Malfoy does. I should go and pay her a visit. From what I’ve been told, I understand she has a very nice set of. . .” he made a small gesture towards his chest. “Lungs,” he laughed. “And me, well, I’m always up for a screamer.”

Draco then furiously lunged at him, completely forgetting he was chained to the wall. “I’ll kill you! Mark my words Riddle, I’ll kill you!” he yelled though clenched teeth.

Voldemort rose from his squatted position. He then drew back his hand as he balled it into a fist and struck Draco across the face. Draco’s head went flying back at the speed of which Voldemort used. “Don’t make me lose my patience,” Voldemort warned.

As Draco turned his head back towards Voldemort with narrowed eye, blood streamed down from the corner of his mouth and slid down the length of his chin and jaw. And then, for some reason Voldemort could not explain, he gradually reached out his hand and gently wiped away the blood with his finger. Voldemort looked at his hand strangely; he couldn’t control what he was doing.

He then brought his finger, covered in Draco’s blood, to rest within his mouth and sucked the blood off of it. Draco’s narrowed eyes eased as he looked at the actions of Voldemort. He then said softly, “Potter? Are you still in there?”

At the sound of Harry’s name, Voldemort seemed to regain control and once again assaulted Draco’s face with his fist. “What the hell did you do?”

“I did nothing!” Draco yelled as he lifted his arms to show. “My magic, as you know, is bound.” Disturbed by what just happened Voldemort turned on his heels and retreated out the dungeon, once again leaving Draco alone in the dark.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Percy yawned and stretched his body freely as he began to wake. He didn''t remember much, he didn''t even remember falling asleep. All he knew was that earlier he was eating breakfast and then was confronted with a very pissed off Draco before being cleaned up by Angelina. Then after she left the room he went back to his breakfast and everything after that was kind of a blur. He yawned again he scratched his head as he sat up and looked at his surroundings.

The walls were made of stone and there were decorative tapestries hanging from the walls to keep in the warmth. The place was dreary and lightly lit. A shiver ran down Percy’s spine. “Well, I''m definitely not in Kansas anymore,” he said to himself. His eyes then made their way to the door as it slowly opened. “No,” he whispered. “No. Why do you haunt me?”

“Hello, Percy,” greeted his little sister.

“No.” He shook his head and closed his eyes. “You’re not real. You’re just a figment of my imagination.” Percy had had a hard time dealing with his younger siblings’ deaths and had a mental breakdown a few years earlier, where he couldn’t tell what was real and what wasn’t. He had lots of hallucinations before getting the help that he needed, but there had been days where he had forgotten to take his medication, like today, and had to suffer through the thoughts of actually thinking his siblings were still alive.

Ginny walked over to the bed and climbed in. “Brother, look at me.”

“Go away. You’re not real. None of this is real. My brothers and sister are dead. Dead!”

“No, I’m here brother and I am very real. So look at me,” she begged. “Please, I need you to look at me. I need you to see me.”

“I can’t,” he told her. “Because as soon as I open my eyes and I start to believe, you’re going to disappear. Just like you always do.”

“Not this time. I’m not going to disappear, I promise.”

Percy opened one eye and then the other as he stared at his little sister’s face. “Ginny?” he said slowly. “You look different.” He reached out with tears in his eyes and ran his fingers through her flamed colored hair. “You’re real?”

“I am,” she beamed. “I’m real.”

“My God.” He pulled his sister close and hugged her. He began laughing with joy as he realized that this was not a dream or a hallucination and that his sister was actually here with him. And then it hit him and he slowly pulled away from her with wide eyes. “Am I dead? Are we in hell?”

Ginny snorted back a laugh. “Of course not. We’re in my home,” she clarified.

“Your home?” he said a little confused and looked around again. “Ginny, where exactly are we?”

“England,” she replied.

“What!” He nearly jumped out of his skin. “We’re not supposed to be here!”

“Percy calm down.” She put a hand on his shoulder. “We’re perfectly safe.”

“How is that possible?” fe asked, but before she could answer, the door reopened and another person came stepping through.

“Love, is he awake?”

“Yes, beloved.”

“Harry?” Percy said confused beginning to think he was dreaming.

“No, brother.” Ginny got out of bed and walked over to Voldemort. She took his hand and led him to her brother. “Percy, this Lord Voldemort, this is my husband.” The only thing Percy could manage to do was blink. “Brother?” He just stared in disbelief. “Brother, speak to me.”

“Sister, what have you done?”

“I did nothing, but fall in love,” she declared. “He’s my family now. . . and you can still be too. And all you have to do,” she stretched out her arm and extended her hand, “is reach.”

Percy looked upon his sister’s face. He had never seen her look so frightened, not since her first year at Hogwarts. Her whole expression wordlessly pleaded with him to take her hand.

If he does not accept, Voldemort mentally spoke with Ginny. I’m sorry my Queen, but he will be killed. . . immediately.

No, he’ll accept. I know he will. I know it, she told him. I will not watch another one of my brothers die. She then cut off her link with him and thought, Not like George, please not like George.

Ginny thought back to the last moments she shared with George. It had been about several months since the Final Battle, where Harry was killed, and only a couple of weeks since Hermione had found Ron’s dead body in the apartment they shared, and so the Weasley family was in a period of mourning.

Ginny had woken up early that day. She liked the quietness of it before the rest of the family woke, but this morning she was surprised to see that she was not alone. “George?” she called as she rubbed the sleep from her eye as she entered the kitchen.

“Morning, sleepy head. Care to join me?” He held up a skillet of bacon.

“Um. . .no.” Ginny had learned long ago to be weary of her brothers’ cooking.

“Come on now, trust me. It’s just bacon.”

“Fine,” she gave in. “I’ll make toast.”

The two siblings sat and enjoyed their breakfast together as they spoke. “I miss him, George,” Ginny confessed into her plate.

“We all do, Ginny.”

“I just. . . I should have done something,” she whispered to herself.

“There was nothing any of us could do.”

Ginny looked up, not realizing he had heard her. “You’re right,” she sighed then looked around. “Did we cook the last of the bacon?”

“Yeah, but no big deal. There’s still sausage for everyone else.”

“Well, I’m going to go get dress anyway and head into town to buy some more, before everyone else wakes up.”

“I’ll go with.”

“No,” Ginny said quickly. “That’s okay. I’ll go on my own.”

“Nonsense. No one should be venturing out on their own, not after everything.” He rose from his seat and took his and Ginny’s plates over to the sink.

“Brother, please it’s a small trip into town. I’ll be fine on my own. I’ll be gone two, three hours tops.” Ginny at that time was not old enough to Apparate so she would have to walk.

“You’re a big girl, I know that, but it would put my mind at ease, if I came with you. Okay?” he explained.

Ginny only nodded before heading upstairs. About half an hour later, George wrote a note telling the rest of the family where they had gone and then the two were out the door. The Muggle village they were headed to was about a three mile walk, but everyone in the Weasley family was quite used to the journey.

They started their journey by heading into the woods and following the well beaten path that led to the village. Ginny hung on to her older brother’s arm as they spoke. “I don’t know what the future holds, now that You-Know-Who has won and will now be rapidly gaining strength with Harry being gone, but I want to think positive. A lot of his people were killed during the battle, but of course, along with a lot of ours.”

“Losing Dumbledore was a great lost. He will be missed.”

“Yes, he will be.”

They walked in silence for a little while. “Are you thinking about Fred?” Ginny asked.

George smiled. “Of course, it’s kind of a twin default thing.”

“How is he and Faith?” she asked about the girl Fred had been seeing recently.

“He pretends to be happy with her, but she’s no Angie, far from it.”

“You went to her wedding with Malfoy, didn’t you?”

George stopped. “How did you know?”

“Because you’d do anything for her.”

“Okay, don’t go there.” He shook his head. “I know very well the rumors that went around about me and Angie. They were just rumors, okay?” He then laughed. “There was even that crazy one, where people thought she was pregnant our fifth year and that it was mine. Come on now please, it was never like that between us. Besides, you know very well how I feel about Alicia.” He smiled at the thought of her.

“Really now?” They began walking again. “That didn’t stop you from going against your own brother’s wishes when it came to Angie.”

“Look, I have my own mind, okay? And Angie is already going through enough and all Fred wants to do is punish her more for something she can’t control." He shook his head. "I just couldn’t turn my back on her, not when everyone else had.”

“I’m glad to hear that.” She let go of her brother’s arm as there came a rustle in the trees around them. Unknown to George, Ginny had picked his pocket and tucked his wand safely next to her own.

“You hear that? It sounds like it’s coming closer.” And then from the greenery a group of Death Eaters materialized. “Ginny! Stay close.” George ordered.

“You were supposed to come alone,” spoke one of the Death Eaters.

“I know, put he would not let me leave his sight.”

“Sister?” George looked at her confused, but she paid him no mind.

“Lower your masks, I wish to know whom I am speaking to.” George watched as his sister’s demeanor change before his eyes. She no longer appeared to be the little fragile girl he had always known. She held her head high and carried herself with a refine dignity as she watched the Death Eaters lower their masks. “Ah, Montague, good to see you lived.”

“Thank you, your highness.” Montague bowed followed by the others.

“Ginny, what’s going on?” George asked.

She turned to him, her hair whipping wildly in the wind. “I’m going home, to my soon-to-be husband.”

George looked at the Death Eaters surrounding them. “Sister, you can’t possibly mean. . .” he looked at her face. “Ginny, no.”

“Yes. The facts are I will be Queen and the world in which you know it will crumble and fall, only to be replaced by me and my love’s vision.” She smiled at the thought. “And I have decided I want you to come with me. The three of us can be a family.”

“We already have a family,” George stated angry.

“Brother, please. . . just come with me.” She stretched out her hand for her brother to take. “I can keep you safe, and all you have to do, is reach.”

George smacked her hand down. “Are you crazy!” The Death Eaters started to advance towards him, but Ginny put her hand in the air and signaled for them to stop. “That man - No, that monster had our brother killed! And you love him!”

“I know.” She lowered her head in shame. “There was nothing I could do about Ron.” She looked at him again. “And there is nothing I can do about who my heart loves. But I need you, brother, to help keep me sane. So please, just reach.” She extended her hand once again.

George looked at his little sister who once again looked fragile and his instincts yelled at him to take her hand and to save her somehow, but doing that meant betraying the rest of the family and that, he could not do. “No, sister, I can not.”

Ginny lowered her arm as Montague put his hand on her shoulder and whispered. “I have my orders. They are to think you are dead, until the Dark Lord has seized full power. He can not be left alive,” he explained.

Ginny sighed as she looked to George. Her lip quivered as she spoke. “So be it.”

Montague smirked evilly as he spoke again. “You may not prefer to watch.”

“Just do what needs to be done and leave me alone.” She turned around and began to walk off.

After a few moments, the only sound that could be heard were George’s screams. Ginny dropped to her knees and held herself as she heard the horrifying sound. But then she heard the most alarming thing her ears had ever heard in her sixteen years of life. She heard laughter and it was filled with a joy that went beyond words. Despite herself, Ginny slowly turned her torso towards the amused sound.

She gasped at the image of George, on the ground, crawling away from Montague, who was still laughing as he spoke. “Where do you think you’re going, Fred, can’t take a little joke? Hmm?” He kicked George in the ribs and knocked him to his side before rolling him over on his back. “Settle down now, because I’ve only just begun.”

“Montague,” spoke another Death Eater. “There’s no reason for this. Let’s just kill him quickly and go.”

“Nonsense, Moon. I’ve waited a long time for his day. And I plan on enjoying every, single, moment.” He viciously stomped down on George’s chest making him spit up blood. “Isn’t that right, Weasley? Not so tough without your brother and your little bag of tricks.” Montague squatted down with his wand now in hand. “Infermo,” he whispered and the tip of his wand glowed in a bright reddish color. “You two,” he directed at a couple of Death Eaters, “hold down his arms,” he told them and they obeyed because he was of higher rank.

Montague then traced the tip of his wand from the rim of George’s shirt down to right below his navel. He pushed the shirt out the way. “So tell me, can you feel the burn?” Montague than lowered the point of his wand onto George’s skin. George immediately jumped at the sudden sensation, but was being held down.

He clenched his teeth together trying to hold in his pain. “Come on now, Weasley, you know you want to scream for me.” Montague laughed as the smell of hair and flesh polluted the air. “I said scream!” Montague yelled, getting impatience he dug the ignited tip further into George’s skin piercing through it.

George’s whole body felt as if it were on fire. He opened his mouth to scream, but no sound came out. “Montague, stop!” Ginny yelled from where she sat, her eyes full of tears. “Stop right now!”

Montague didn’t even look at her. “Come, your highness,” Moon helped her to her feet, “I’ll take you to the Dark Lord.”

The moment before they Apparated, Ginny saw George looking at her gasping for air. “Ginny,” he barely got out, “no,” they were the last words she ever heard him say.

And now Ginny stood before Percy, with her outstretched hand, hoping he would make the choice that George did not. “Please, Percy, just reach and take my hand. We can be a family.” A tear slid down her face.

“A family?” Percy whispered as he stared at her hand.

“Yes,” she smiled and nodded. “A family.” Percy’s arm slowly rose from his side and reached for his sister. That’s it Percy, that’s it, she thought excitedly.

Percy then gently took his sister’s hand and said, “I’ve missed being part of a family.”

“Well then, you should want no more, because a family is now what you have,” Voldemort spoke.

“Thank you,” Percy slowly replied.

Ginny giggled joyfully and jumped into her brother’s arms. “I told you, Tom. I told you he would accept.”

Voldemort smiled as he watched his wife and brother-in-law. His Queen was happy, but better yet, she had someone from her past to keep her sane and endure the bearings of T.A.S.

When Ginny entered the diary in her first year, she became a part of Voldemort’s past, a key to keeping him sane. She was someone who would be there to remind him what he was and what he wanted, but he could not do the same for her, so they needed someone else. She wanted George because she thought he was the best bet, but it did not work out well and there were moments where her mind would slip and she actually frightened him.

That would not do from a queen, so they were actually very lucky that they had had Malfoy followed in hopes of finding where his father was hidden, only to find him with the Weasley member who was the most likely to accept Ginny’s offer of being in a new family, the Voldemort family.

“Come, my Queen, let him rest,” he told her as he headed towards the door. “We now know where the ones who had fled are located. I must make plans and I may want your opinion.”

“Of course, Tom,” she smiled and followed him out. Before closing the door behind her she turned to her brother. “You made the right choice, Percy. So sleep well.”

“I will, sister, no doubt about it,” Percy said as he returned her smile. When she was gone he curled up into his bed, inside of the room of his new home and as he drifted back to sleep he thought happily, a family.

 
Chapter Nineteen: Having Faith

The sun was starting to set as Frederick Weasley stifled a laugh as he gathered a good amount of snow in his hands. When he was satisfied with the creation of his new snowball he tossed it in the air towards his target.

“Hey!” the woman yelled as she wiped the snow off her face. “Alright you asked for it.” She smiled evilly as she made her own snowball and threw it at Fred, but it went flying passed his head.

“Ha! You missed!” He ran up to her and picked her off the ground. “Got you,” she laughed as Fred spun her around. The two then fell into the soft snow.

“Freddy?” The woman shivered.

“Yeah, Faith?” He held her tighter to keep her warm.

“Let’s get married.”

Fred exhaled loudly. “Couldn’t just enjoy the moment could you?” He sat up which forced Faith to abandon her place in his arms.

She watched as he stood up and dusted the snow off his coat. She then stood up and did the same. “Come on, Freddy, we’ve been together for almost six years, engaged for two. What’s wrong with taking the next step?”

Fred started walking back towards their home as Faith followed. “Faith, I’m just not ready and you know this.”

“I know it’s just. . .” she said sadly as she lowered her head.

Fred turned to her as he reached the door. “I know you put up with a lot, but just be patient with me, okay?” he asked gently.

She smiled as she took his hand. “Aren’t I always?” Fred returned her smile before the two went inside.

“So,” Fred let go of her hand and headed towards the kitchen. “What do you want for dinner tonight?”

“Let’s see?” She pretended to think it over. “You, naked, on the kitchen counter,” was her reply.

Fred laughed as he said loudly from the kitchen, “You had that last night.”

“And it was good.” She came into the kitchen as Fred was putting on an apron.

“You want to give me a hand?” he asked and she started applauding. “Funny.” He tossed her a matching apron and the two prepared dinner together.

When dinner was completed and the table was set, Fred and Faith sat down and ate their dinner by candlelight. Fred rubbed Faith’s leg tenderly as she fed him. “Here comes the choo-choo,” she said in her sing-song way that Fred adored.

Fred had met Faith Himsworth about a month after he found out about Angelina’s engagement to Malfoy. She had been coming into the shop about every other day, but had never bought anything. It wasn’t until three weeks later that she had finally gathered up her courage and started a conversation with him.

They hit it off right away, which was not to Fred’s surprise; she had a childlike demeanor that was much like his own. At first it had been hard for Fred to start seeing Faith on a regular basis because it always felt like he was cheating on Angelina. He had to remind himself that he was no longer with her and that he had to move on, even if at that time he didn’t want to.

But Fred had grown to love Faith, more than he thought he ever could after being with someone like Angelina. But something inside of him prevented him from completely moving on with her. He wanted to marry her, he truly did, but every time he even thought about setting a date, this sinking feeling would overcome him and something would tell him to just wait. His mother had always told him to follow his gut, so Fred figured in was his gut telling him to wait and so he complied.

“All done,” Faith said as she wiped a bit of sauce off of Fred’s chin. She then looked at the clock on the wall. “I should be getting ready for work.” And she stood from the table and gathered their plates.

Fred looked out the window. “It’s looking bad out there, maybe you should just call in sick or something.”

“I’ll be fine.” She emerged from the kitchen. “Besides, you’re exaggerating, it’s only a little snow.”

“I wish you would quit,” he told her as she prepared herself in the bedroom.

“We’ve discussed this Fred. I like my job.” She zipped up her coat. “And the money isn’t half bad either.” She kissed him. “I’ll be back in the morning okay? Love you.” She then grabbed her purse and was out the door.

Fred walked over to the dresser to find something to sleep in. He opened one of his drawers and found a small blue box. He pulled it out and opened it, inside was a necklace he had received long ago. The pendant was odd shaped and it reminded Fred of a teardrop. On the back was inscribed ‘AP’ which stood for ‘Angelina’s Property’. Fred smiled as he remembered the Christmas that his angel had given it to him.

“So how long do I have to compete?” Fred immediately put the necklace back into the box and back into the drawer.

“What?” he said as he closed it and turned around to see Faith.

“I said, ‘so how long do I have to compete?’ It’s a simple question really,” Faith said as she went to retrieve her forgotten car keys, which she thought had been in her purse.

“Compete with what?” he asked her bewildered.

“Not with what Fred, who,” she stated. “How long do I have to compete with a memory?”

“Faith,” he shook his head, “you’re not in competition with anyone, let alone a memory.”

“Really?” She looked at him skeptically. “What about Angelina Malfoy?” Fred looked away from her. “When will you get it through you’re head that she is a happily married woman?”

“How do you know they’re happy?” Fred asked her.

“Because when Malfoy talks about her, his eyes light up and it’s like he talking about his entire world.” She then looked down and pretended to play with her keys. “Just like yours does, whenever I catch you thinking about her.” Fred didn’t know how to respond to that. “I’m going to be late for work.” She turned and walked out of the bedroom.

“Faith,” she heard him call after her. “Faith, wait.” He caught up with her and took her hand and turned her around to look at him. He could see her eyes brimming with tears that where threatening to fall. “Let’s set a date,” he said with a small smile. “Right now.”

“No,” she told him. “I want you to marry me because you want to and not because you feel like you have something to prove to me. I love you, Freddy, and just you. I just wish you felt the same when it came to me,” she made clear. “Now if you don’t mind, I really have to get to work.” And she pulled her hand away from Fred’s.

Fred nodded knowing that the argument was a lost cause. “Fine. I’ll see you in the morning.” He then headed back to the bedroom.

Faith then walked towards the front door. As the door opened a large dark figure appeared in the doorway, which made Faith gasp loudly before realizing who it was. “My goodness you scared me.”

“I''m sorry,” said the figure. “May I come in?”

“Of course.” Faith let the man in and as he stepped inside he shook the snow from his hay colored hair.

“Is Weasley here?” he asked quietly and reached out for Faith.

She took a step back and nervously pushed a bit of her brown hair behind her ear. “Yes,” she said just as quietly. “Now we’ve talked about this, you’re not supposed to be here this often, you could be caught.”

“I’ll risk it to be able to see you,” he told her.

Faith shook her head. “Don’t say things like that. For crying out loud, I''m engaged.”

“Please,” he said a little too loudly. “Weasley wouldn’t know a good woman if she fell out the sky. I mean, can’t you tell he’s still caught up on Malfoy’s wife? Whom he also took for granted back when he was dating her. Don’t you see he’s never going to marry you, as long as he thinks he still has the slightest chance with her?” he asked and then said gently. “But me on the other hand, I would gladly make you Faith Eleanora-”

“Crabbe?” Fred emerged for the bedroom.

Crabbe looked in Fred’s direction as he took a discreet step back from Faith. “Weasley,” he greeted.

“I didn’t hear you knock.” Fred walked over to them not realizing how uncomfortable Faith looked.

“I should really head out now.”

“No, wait,” Crabbe said quickly. “This affects you too.”

Fred’s forehead furrowed. “You’re not here for an update are you?”

“I’m afraid not,” he confirmed.

Faith began to peel off her coat. “You boys sit. I’ll make tea and call in sick.” And she disappeared into the kitchen.

Fred and Crabbe sat down in the living room. Fred sat with his back to the kitchen door. “So what’s happening?”

“I just got out of meeting; the Dark Lord knows where you are. He’s planning a full on attack in a matter of weeks.”

“No, that can’t be right. How the hell did that happen?”

“One of our own was captured.”

“But that’s happened before. No one has ever given anything up.”

“He didn’t give us up on purpose. He had his family in hiding, for reasons I don’t know, and when he went to visit them, he didn’t know the Dark Lord was having him followed. He and his family were captured along with their host.”

“His family was here? How come I didn’t know about this? I’m supposed to know everything that goes on in my sector.”

“I don’t think he wanted to come to you, most likely because it would have affected his family in a different way. Besides I didn’t even learn about it until later.”

“Wait, something’s not right, no one has been reported missing.”

“No one you would care about going missing.”

Fred looked at him funny. “What the hell does that mean?”

Crabbe scoffed at Fred in disbelief. “It was your own brother, Weasley.”

Fred thought a moment. Charlie was in Egypt and Bill was living in Canada with his wife and three kids. “Percy?” he asked quietly. Crabbe only nodded. “shoot!” Fred stood up. “shoot!” he yelled again.

“That’s not all, Weasley,” Crabbe stated.

“What else could there possibly be? They know where we are and they have my brother. Sure I still can’t stand the git, but that is my blood nevertheless,” Fred said angrily.

“Don’t you want to know what family he was hosting?” Crabbe asked.

Fred took a calming breath. “Fine, who were they?”

“They are the Malfoys,” Crabbe said not liking how Fred had put them in past tense.

All the color slowly drained from Fred’s face. “Angelina?”

“Yes.”

“Oh God.” Fred reached for the chair behind him and slowly sat down. “I think I’m going to be sick.”

“You don’t have time to be sick. You need to pull yourself together and fast, because everything we’ve planned over all this time is no longer viable. We have lost the upper hand and we can no longer sit back and enjoy the pleasures of life. We’ve waited far too long. We’ve practically handed ourselves over on a china dish. So you need to contact the other sector leaders and tell them what’s going on. Tell them it’s time to prepare for war. Tell them it’s time to fight, to die, and to win for our cause,” Crabbe said to Fred, who didn’t seem to be listening.

This annoyed Crabbe, because he’s wasn’t the type of person to always speak; he just never saw the point of talking just to be talking, but when he did speak, he expected to be heard. “Snap out of it Weasley!” He resisted the urge to smack him up side the head. “There are worst things in this world than losing some woman you had already lost.”

Fred’s head snapped up at Crabbe’s comment. He then slowly shook his head with fixed eyes on Crabbe. “There is nothing in my world that would be worst than losing Angelina. You understand me? Nothing. I love that woman so deeply and so strongly, that I would move Heaven and Hell just to see her smile. Yet I know, no matter what I do now, my time with her has come and gone. Yet I sit here and I wait. I wait, hope, and pray that despite everything, we’ll be together again someday. I know it’s a false hope, but,” his fixed eyes relaxed and his expression became melancholy. “I mean, haven’t you ever loved a woman so badly?”

Just then the kitchen door swung open and Faith came stepping out. Crabbe looked over Fred’s shoulder to see her walking towards them with a cup of tea in each hand and a soft smile on her face. “Yeah,” Crabbe breathed and looked back at Fred. “I have.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Dammit!” Angelina yelled for the fifteenth time. She was trapped in a little room with nothing more than a bed, a sink, and a toilet. Unlike Draco she was not chained to the wall, for she had no wandless abilities and so the threat of her escaping the cell without her wand was nonexistent. “shoot,” she whispered to herself with her face in her hands as she fell back onto the bed. She had been trapped in the cell for two days and her mind raced with worry. She had no idea where her family was. She didn’t even know if they were still alive.

Just then she heard footsteps outside her door and the sound of keys. Not knowing what waited for her on the other side Angelina stood up, she then took a breath and held it as the door opened. “Malfoy,” came a man’s voice.

“Goyle?” Angelina said softly. Goyle stepped inside and closed the door. He was surprised at how quickly Angelina rushed to him and threw her arms around him. She was just so happy to see a friendly face. “Goyle where are they? Where are Draco and Rose?”

Goyle pulled away from Angelina, he wasn’t comfortable being that close to her, especially after knowing what Draco had done to Montague. “Rosalina is fine. Lady Dark Lord is taking very good care of her.”

“Lady Dark Lord? Who’s she?”

“Just know Rosalina is well.”

“I want to know who has my daughter!” Angelina grew upset.

“Malfoy, please,” Goyle said in a hush tone as he looked at the door. “I can’t be caught in here.”

Angelina took a deep breath. “I’m sorry,” she told him. “Do you think we could sit down? I haven’t been feeling well lately,” she confessed. The two sat down on the bed before Angelina said calmly, “Now tell me of Draco.”

As Goyle shook his head, Angelina immediately thought the worst. “I don’t have access to see him, but he’s alive, that I know.”

“Thank God,” she whispered. She then reached and took Goyle’s hand. He flinched at the gesture. “Can you get us out?”

Goyle thought a moment. “I can get you out, but Lady Dark Lord hasn’t let Rosalina out of her sight. Draco is in the dungeon, but the exact location, I don’t know.”

“Can you find out?”

“I’m his best friend, if I go around and I end up asking the wrong person where he is, then when he comes up missing, they’ll know it was me. It won’t work,” he explained. “Now like I said I can get you out, because they don’t know that I know where you are. So if you escape, I can’t be blamed.” He looked to the door. “But that’s only if I don’t get caught visiting you.”

“Goyle-” she was cut off.

“Call me Gregory. There is no reason to be formal.”

She smiled softly. “Gregory, I don’t think I can leave knowing that my family is still here.”

“But Angelina,” he said cautiously. “There may not be another opportunity to get you out. I’ll found out where Draco is. There are other ways believe me, I’m not going to leave him here either. I love that man as if he were my brother and Rosalina as if she were my own child. You guys and Vincent are my family and I would do anything for you all.”

“As we would for you,” Angelina told him. She then took a deep breath. “Alright, when can you get me out?”

“Tomorrow night,” he told her.

“Okay, but where will I go?”

“I’ll take you to my place, where you’ll only stay for a few days tops. My station is in-house, so I have to be here when they realize you’re gone, that way they won’t look to me as an accomplice. When I’m sure I’m not a suspect, I’ll tell Vincent what’s going on and he’ll take it from there and he’ll come to see you.”

“But what if something happens? What if they find out it was you? What if they suspect Crabbe?”

Goyle shook his head as he took his free hand and rested on Angelina’s shoulder. “They won’t,” he told her. “You just have to stay positive. You just have to have faith. Can you do that?”

Angelina shook her head. “I don’t-” Goyle then squeezed her hand as reassurance. She sighed and then smiled softly, “Okay, I can have faith.”

 
Chapter Twenty: More Than Blood

It was approaching one in the morning, as far as Angelina could tell, as she laid awake in her bed waiting for Goyle. She coughed softly as she pulled the blanket tighter around her body. The damp atmosphere was finally starting to get to her as her eyelids grew heavy with sleep.

“Angelina,” Goyle said quietly as he shook her. “Angelina.” Angelina opened her eyes to see Goyle standing over her. “Get up. We have to hurry before the patrol comes back around.”

She wordlessly stood up and followed Goyle out of the cell and down the hall to a door. The door opened to a spiral staircase. As they stepped inside and closed the door all light disappeared; Angelina couldn’t even see her hand in front of her face. “Gregory, I can’t see.”

“Hold on to the rail,” he instructed her.

“I don’t know where it is.” She felt around in the dark as she continued down the stairs. “Ow.” Goyle had stopped and she ran into him.

“Here.” She felt Goyle’s hand on her elbow and he slid it down to her wrist. He then guided her hand to the rail. “Do you have it?” he asked.

“Yes.”

“Good, now come on. We have to move to the bottom floor where we can apparate.” They then continued down the stairs for what seemed like hours, but it was actually no more than thirty-five minutes. As they came upon the last of their journey, Angelina could see a sparkle of light. From behind she could faintly make out the back of Goyle’s head. “Stop,” he whispered suddenly and Angelina complied. “Back up, now,” he told her.

Angelina hastily ascended the stairs and back into the darkness. She then heard the creaking of a door and light filled the bottom of the stairs where she was once standing. “Goyle?” she heard a man say. “What are you doing here? You’re patrol doesn’t start for another several hours, if I’m not mistaken.”

“No, you’re not mistaken at all,” Goyle began. “But if you must know, I switched times with Lawson.”

“Ah,” said the man. “Yes, I did hear he and his wife just had another child,” he concluded. “Carry on then.” Angelina then heard what she thought were footsteps walking away. The man was so light on his feet that she was astonished that Goyle had even heard him.

“Come on,” she heard Goyle and went back to him. “Stay close to the wall, if I tell you to go, duck into the nearest room. We’ll be able to Aapparate at the end of the hall.” She nodded and after taking a final look they exited from the staircase and walked quickly down the lit hall, which seemed especially bright after being in the dark for so long.

Then abruptly Goyle reached behind him and grabbed Angelina, before she could even react to the sudden movement, she found herself in a different surrounding. “Sorry about that,” Goyle said as he released her. “Someone was coming.” He turned on a light that revealed the makings of his home. “Kitchen is this way; bathroom is down the hall, and you can sleep in the room to the left.”

“Thank you, Gregory,” was all Angelina could manage to say.

Goyle then did something that Angelina had only seen him do on rare occasions, usually when there was food around, he smiled. “You’re welcome. I should be heading back now. Everything you need should be here,” he explained. “I live deep in the woods, so if you go outside it’s okay, but I wouldn’t risk it.”

“I understand.”

“Alright.” He then pulled back his cloak and reached into his pocket. “Here. Hopefully next time I see you, we’ll all be out of danger. Until then.” Goyle handed her back her wand and then Apparated, leaving Angelina once again all alone.

Angelina tucked away her wand and ventured into the kitchen. She looked in the upper cabinets and found a small drinking glass. She squatted and checked the lower cabinets; finding what she was looking for she reached for the small glass and wrapped her fingers around it, but taking another moment she released it and slid to the floor.

Her fingers then pulled at a cork, making a popping sound as it came loose. She gulped down the clear liquid and felt it prick and burn as it slid down her throat. As the contents of her item quickly disappeared Angelina couldn’t help the trace of tears that streamed down her cheeks.

She then placed the glass container on the floor and watched it roll away from her as she lay down on the kitchen floor. She curled herself up into a ball and softly cried until she could cry no more before once again falling back to sleep.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Two days later Crabbe meet with Goyle in Goyle’s room within the castle. “I know what this is about. So just tell me what the plan is and what needs to be done,” Crabbe stated as soon as he sat down.

Goyle sat down across from him. “You know Angelina escaped.”

“Yes.” Crabbe looked at him strangely; he didn’t know that he was on a first name basis with her. “I assumed she had help.”

“Yes. She’s at my home, so listen up,” Goyle explained. “She needs to be taken somewhere where she can stay low. Draco would want us to keep her safe.”

“I can take her back to Iceland, but that may be too obvious,” Crabbe suggested.

“No, there is safety in numbers,” he told him. “So what did Weasley say when you told him about his brother?”

Crabbe shook his head. “I told him what happened and he has alerted the other sectors. They’re preparing as we speak.” Crabbe than began smiling.

“What is it?”

“Just looking at the bright side of things.” His smile grew wider. “I think, I’ll take her to Weasley’s.”

“Draco may not be too fond with that when he finds out.”

“Trust me, it’ll be good for all parties involved,” he reassured him. “So tell me, do you know where Draco is?”

“Yes, I was able to gather some of the others and Lough was able to tell me what part of the dungeons he’s located in, but after Angelina’s escape, they have him very heavily guarded. It won’t be as easy as it was with Angelina.”

Crabbe nodded. “I understand, but we have to get him out of there before the Dark Lord loses patience with him and has him killed.”

“Don’t you think I know that?” Goyle asked angrily as he stood up. It was all starting to become too much for him as he ran his fingers through his dark locks. “shoot! I don’t know what to do, Vince. It wasn’t supposed to go down like this! This isn’t what we planned!” he yelled as he kicked his chair away from him.

“Calm down, Greg. Believe me, I’m as frustrated as you are, but this is not the time to go and lose our heads.” Crabbe stood up and made his way to his friend. He put both hands on his shoulders. “We can not let our failures dictate our futures. If we want to stay ahead of this and stay alive, we’re going to have to be clear minded,” he rationalized. “And take me at my word, I should be the last to speak of this, but we must keep our emotions in check. We can not lead on how invested we are in this, you understand?”

Goyle nodded and finally said, “Yeah.” He found it amazing how Crabbe always knew the right words.

“Good. Now we’ll think of something, okay? We are not going to leave our friend to rot. You just have to remember Draco’s words, we are more than blood, we are a family of our own choosing and there is nothing more powerful in this world, than the bonds of a family,” Crabbe reminded him. “We are strong, we are resilient, and we are smart, so we’re all going to see this through, okay?” Goyle once again agreed and Crabbe finally released him. “Alright, I have a job to do,” he smiled again, “and it may get a little interesting.” Goyle looked at him funny and was going to ask what he meant, but Crabbe Apparated before he got the chance.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Faith laughed happily as Fred lay in her arms on the couch in the living room. “. . . The end,” Fred finished reading the book they had been enjoying.

“I’ll never understand you, Freddy. Don’t you think you’re a bit old for fairy tales?” Faith asked.

Fred turned his head towards her and gave her a little kiss. “Don’t you think everyone deserves a happy ending?”

“I guess, but these Muggle books are so unrealistic. I mean come on, it’s always some princess or some girl in love with some prince. The girl is always in trouble and the guy always has to come and save her. And usually there’s some lie or some false identity and a whole mess of trouble, but yet everything always seems to work out in the end. Now tell me, how is that possible?”

“You said it yourself Faith, it’s love, and love wins out over everything,” he told her matter-of-factly.

“You’re so cute, when you try to sound smart.”

Try?” He sat up and hit her with a pillow.

“Hey, no fair,” she protested before Fred pulled her into his arms.

“I love you, Faith,” he stated out of the blue.

She smiled. “I love you too, Freddy.”

“So,” he began as he held her tighter. “What do you think of a June wedding?”

She looked at him curiously. “Are you serious?”

He shrugged. “I’ve been thinking a lot lately. And you were right, like always I might add. I love you and there is no reason for us not to take what we have to the next step.” He smiled. Faith threw her arms around him as she giggled contently. Fred closed his eyes as he whispered, “And they all lived happily ever after.”

Just then there came a knock at the door. Faith got up off Fred and went to answer it. “Crabbe? What are you doing back here so soon? Did something else happen?”

“Something like that.” He stood outside the door. “Someone needs your help and I hoping she could stay here until we’ve worked a few things out.”

“Of course. Come in. Where is she?” Faith’s question was answered as Crabbe came in followed by a tall, beautiful, black woman.

“Angelina?” Fred stood up from the couch and rushed over to the three. “Thank Merlin, you’re safe. I had thought the worst.”

Faith observed silently as Fred and Angelina embraced as if they had never left each other. Crabbe noticed Faith’s reaction as she watched her fiancé and his former love. “No!” Faith found her voice. “Hell no!” Fred pulled away from Angelina and looked at Faith. “I will not have this woman in my home.”

“Faith, it’s okay,” Fred told her.

“No, it’s not,” she explained. “I have been fighting her memory since the day I met you. I mean, I’ve forgiven you, when you’ve called out her name. I’ve forgiven you, when I caught you thinking about her. I’ve waited patiently, for you to set a date, so we could get married and start a family, only to. . . to,” she became flustered and tried to calm herself down. “I’m tired of it, Freddy, but I love you.” She slowly shook her head. “Yet, if you allow her to stay here and disrespect me like that,” she thought over her words carefully. “Then it’s over.”

Fred was taken back, he had never seen her so upset and she had never given him an ultimatum before. “Faith is it?” Angelina spoke up calmly. “I didn’t realize me coming here would upset you, but believe me, I’m not here to take Fred away for you.”

“Shut up. I’m not talking to you,” Faith said rudely, not even looking at her. “Thinking you can come in here and take what’s mine.”

“What? Uh-uh,” Angelina said angrily. Crabbe had heard stories about Angelina’s temper before, but had never actually witnessed it, so he sat down and smiled as he was about to enjoy the show. “Now look here little Miss Please-don’t-take-my-man, if I was here for Fred, believe me,” she said dangerously, “you would know. So whatever issues you have with me, work them out on your own time, okay? Because right now I have more important things on my mind, like my husband and my child who I need to make sure stay alive,” she paused only to take a breath. “Because I don’t know what planet you’ve been living on, but war is coming and lives will be lost, so you can take your petty insecurities and shove them up your-”

“Whoa! Whoa!” Fred cut in. “There is no need for that Angel.”

“I didn’t start it,” she said childishly.

“Faith, you’re attitude towards Angelina, was uncalled for,” Fred told her.

Faith’s mouth fell open. “Are you defending her? After what she said to me?” She took a moment as if waiting for an answer. “Fine, defend her all you like.” She turned to Angelina. “I apologize, but I’m sorry, you can’t stay here.”

“Faith, don’t be ridiculous.”

“I wasn’t kidding before Freddy. If she stays here, I’m gone.” Her face was full of determination. “So make your choice.”

“Faith, no I-”

“Make it,” she told him.

“Fred it’s okay,” Angelina told him, and then looked to Crabbe. “This was a bad idea, let’s go okay?” Crabbe stood up and began to walk towards the door. Angelina turned to Faith. “If it means anything at all, I apologize too, for everything I never knew I was putting you through.” And with that she and Crabbe were out the door.

“Angel wait!” Fred followed her out so quickly that he failed to see the look on Faith’s face. “Don’t go.”

Angelina turned to him and smiled. “It does my eyes good to see you, even if only for a little while.”

“I’ve missed you too, Angel,” he told her. “I’m sorry about Faith. We’re still working out some issues.”

“That’s okay,” she told him. “But it did make me realize. . . ever mind.”

“No, what? What did you realize?” he asked as he stepped closer looking into her eyes and taking in her scent.

“Well, I guess it made me realize, that I needed to see you, to answer a question that I have been asking myself since the last time I saw you,” she explained. “Because today I’ve realized where my heart truly lies,” she spoke softly.

Fred smiled and whispered. “Oh Angel, I’ve waited so long.” He lifted his hand to cup her face.

“What?” She stepped back. “Wait Fred, I don’t think you understand,” she explained gently with a concerned look on her face. “I meant my heart is with Draco, my husband.” She shook her head. “I didn’t mean. . . Oh, Fred.”

Fred felt his stomach drop as his forehead furrowed and he shook his head. “No. We were supposed to come back together, through anything, remember?”

“I know, but a lot of time has gone by and a lot has changed. Faith loves you, I can tell. And she deserves all of you Fred, not just your body, but your heart and your soul. Give her that and I promise you, your memories of me will fade and you will be happy.”

“But what if I can only be truly happy with you?” he asked her as snow gently began to fall from the afternoon sky.

“Then you’ll be a very sad and lonely man.” She then leaned towards him and gave him the last kiss he would ever receive from her. As her lips pulled away from his forehead she gently whispered. “Good bye, Frederick.” She then stepped away and walked towards a waiting Crabbe, before heading back to the Portkey they had come through.

Fred stood there, shivering in the cold until he could no longer see her disappearing form. He then turned around and headed back inside his home. “Faith,” he called. “Faith!” He began looking around for her.

When he entered the bedroom, he found an envelope on the bed. The note felt damp as he pulled it out and read the words, ‘I guess you made your choice.’ Also within the envelope was the engagement ring he had given her two years prior. Fred suddenly dropped to his knees and finally broke as he realized he not only lost his Angel, but also his Faith.

To Be Continued. . .

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Preview of Next Chapter:

Goyle turned his head towards her, now just realizing how close they were. “What makes you think it’ll work?” he found himself whispering too.

“I don’t, but we have to do something, because if we wait and do nothing, I fear I’ll never see my husband again,” she confessed.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment