Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - A Walk in the Park

A story that is about belief and how believing in something may let you see what others cannot see. Sad, Romance, Sweet

Chapter 2 - A Walk in the Park

Chapter 2 - A Walk in the Park
Staring at him for a moment the girl wondered if it would be okay to tell him. With a heavy sigh she sits down and stares directly in front of her, starring at an old tree with some of its leaves bare. “I come from up there.” She points to the sky.
At first the boy didn’t understand, but then his eyes lit up as he pieced it all together, “You’re an angel?” He said in amazement. He didn’t know if she was telling the truth, but nothing else seemed to explain her.
The girl nodded solemnly, with an expression that showed that she wasn’t joking. “Yes, I am an angel.” She looked sad as she confirmed his remark. Looking at him, she saw a look of hope and belief.
He turns away for a moment, and then going back to her first question, “Maybe that’s why I can see you, because I believe in angels.” He spoke softly, as if almost to himself.
She smiled for second, finding this a bit comforting, but then faded as she asked, “Did you ever believe that you could touch an angel?” Sliding her hand along the wood of the bench they were sitting on. She felt the texture of the wood, it’s surface smooth save for some jagged spots.
“No, I didn’t, let alone that I didn’t believe I would see one either, but I do believe in angels.” He looked at her hoping that his disbelief didn’t make her vanish, but no she was still there, her hands rubbing the wood of the bench and her eyes downcast, not meeting his eyes.
The girl stared deeply for a moment as she thought what she might do next, she really wanted to stay here and see all the new things. Maybe she could stay with the boy and he could keep her company. A smile grew on her face as she thought more and more about it. She looked up from the bench, a new hope in her eyes, making the boy curious and wonder what the girl was thinking.
“Can I stay with you?” She blurted out, a sudden doubt that he would deny her stay. She held her breath and crossed her fingers behind her back.
Taken aback by her question only slight, he wondered how he had not seen that coming. He thought about it thoroughly, thinking where she would stay in his house, if she should stay in his house. He also thought about if she were to follow him around how others would think of him if it seemed like he was talking to himself. On the other hand he didn’t want her to leave, and that maybe he could learn some things about heaven. It was more so just because he has never seen an angel and would like her to stay a while at least to get to know her.
Finally as he sorted his thoughts he said, “I don’t see why not.” The shine in her eyes made him smile a bit, “but there are some things I need to lay down.” He said gently but enough to make her listen. “First I don’t mind you following me around, but you can only talk to me when no one else is around or in range, no offense but I don’t want people think I talk to myself since no one else can see you.” He paused to collect his thoughts, and then he continued. “Second I need to know who you are.” He added, smiling gently.
Her eyes widened, “Oh I forgot about the formal greetings, my name is Amelia.” She smiled then asked, “What is yours?”
He nodded then said, “My name is Rodney, Rodney Simons.” He went to reach to shake her hand but forgot he couldn’t touch her and quickly drew back, “I’m sorry…”
She sighs lightly, “It’s fine, that’ll just be something that I’ll have to get used to.” Amelia sighed again.
She watches as Rodney gets off the bench and towered over her slightly, his ponytail swayed as he rose. He had such graceful movement that made him seem he was light. Looking him over again, his face smooth as the soft rays of the sun gently touch his face. In the sun the boy looked quite handsome, he was equal in weight all around with a slight hint of muscle. He stood tall, probably close to 5’6 or 5’8, much taller than her.
Taking a hand to her face she hides a smile, as the boy raises an eyebrow to her in curiosity. He takes his hand and swipes it through his hair and takes in a deep breath and exhales, his mouth jutting out slightly as he exhales. He blended in well with the surrounding scenery, his clothes make him stand out but with the cherry trees being in bloom he looked just looked so natural.
Coughing his embarrassment, Rodney’s eyes sweep over the girl in a once over suddenly feeling a bit conscious as she continued to stare at him, “Would you like to take a walk?” He asked politely, also attempting to break the silence.
Blushing she nodded and rose to her feet, “A walk would be nice.” She replied in a gentle manner, a slight coloration in her face as she realized how long she had been staring at the boy. She took astride next to him as she moved out to the cobbled trail, quietly falling instep behind him. Her eyes casting about as she admired the trees and smelling the scent of spring, a fresh scent of fragrance of a newborn flowers and the sweet smell of a spring breeze. The smells and scents soothed her and made her relax.
They walked quietly for a while, each just enjoying the walk as well as each other’s company. The boy started to hum, a melodic hum, warm and gentle. He turned his face to the side making it appear as though he were looking at the trees but was really watching Amelia out of the corner of his eye.
The girl was in a daze, trailing slowly behind him with a slight awareness of Rodney. Her eyes flickered with confusion and then closed. Her mind trailed, as she gets lost in her thoughts. “Amelia” Rodney called out, to her he sounded distant but a voice that was familiar to her. She opened he eyes as she heard him call her name again.
Rodney comes to a stop with Amelia a few steps behind her. They look out to a broad lake. The lake was surrounded by an orchid of cherry trees, all in bloom with petals falling like snow. It was calm and gentle with a breath of wind tickling the surface of the lake, sending soft ripples to the shore on to the pale golden brown sand. There were a bunch of small pebbles and stones that clustered just below the sand stretching from the left and right.
Rodney picks up a smooth surfaced stone and flicks it out onto the lake, watching as it skipped three times across the lake and then go below the surface. Amelia smiled and applauded.
“How did you do that?” She said excitedly as she started looking at the stones, searching for the perfect one. “Ah hah.” She exclaimed as she picked up a small smooth stone, but when she went to flick it, it fell straight in the water. She frowned and watched as the boy flicked another stone and it skipping about two times.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment