Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Prologue

We need YOU to be the next recruit!

Chapter 3 - Prologue

Chapter 3 - Prologue
Okay, Maria(Shadowlover8) had created this wonderful, in depth prologue for Imperial Soldiers. Please be serious about it and don't joke around, things similar to this have happened before.



God makes out a difficult path for us. Does he really love us? Many people question that. To see a bloody body, the crimson color all over a friend or one who bears your own blood, your family. To be so deep down you take you own life? To see the fights and cold looks on the streets. Rape, violence, blood, murder, poverty, loneliness, tragedy, death, war…the list goes on.
Does God really love us?
A cloaked figure walks, shaded from the night’s blanket of darkness. The cloak’s hood covered her face, her eyes. It was amazing that she was able to see with the pitch-black night sky. Not a single star shone. The only light was from the figure’s old, dusty lamp. But, it worked, so who could complain? War makes you appreciate what you have.
“Wake up…”
Wake up…?
“Wake up…”
Wake up from what…?
“You need to wake up…”
Wake up from this nightmare? That’s impossible.
“You have to wake up…”
“Wake up…”
“Wake up into the realm of dreams…”
Into dreams…? I already told you…I can’t…
“You have to wake up…”
“Wake up…”
Why? Why do I have to wake up…?
“Wake up…”

“The game is about to begin.”

Game…?
“You have to wake up…”
What…game…?
“Wake up…”

A girl opened her eyes to a dark area. Her hands were still chained up, and she had no strength to move anymore. Who was telling her to wake up? What game?
With no strength left, she couldn’t even lift her head up to seek answers.
“You woke up…”
From the light voice from above, she finally pulled her head up to wonder exactly who wanted her to wake up.
A girl.
Two girls.
Twins.
Twins in the appearance of a mirror. One in black, and one in white.
The one in black reached out her hands to the one chained up. She held her face, the one stripped of freedom, feeling the scarlet blood.
“You’ve been through so much…” she smiled weakly.
The twins set their pair of feet down on the black abyss.
“I’m Kira…” she spoke her name. “She is my sister, Hikari…” she said, referring to the one in white. Hikari smiled and waved.
“We’re glad that you woke up…”
Why?
“Because of the game…”
What game are you talking about?
“The game between you and the demon…”
“Lilith, an evil demon, and you, a god, have been fighting since the dawn of time. You, immortal, have ruled and watched over the ones who need guidance…” Hikari smiled.
“And then there’s Lilith, the one who has been reincarnating over and over to gain knowledge and power,” Kira had a stern face while she spoke.
“Centuries ago, after you reincarnated self was killed, the counsel incarnated your soul to a new body,” Hikari spoke firmly, even though the one she talked to didn’t seem to show an interest. “One that would be able to uphold a lot of damage…” she said, looking at the girl’s scars.
“After fifty years of training, you met up with Neo-Queen Serenity, Usagi at that time.”
“The present queen, Cosmic-Queen Serenity came to that time seeking for help as well. That was the first time you and Rini met.”
“Many years patched, catching up to the thirtieth century, Rini met you from Usagi, Neo-Queen Serenity.”
“The young princess strongly admired you, seeing almost a copy of her mother in you. She seeked guidance mostly from you, talking with you about everything that troubled her, to scarred to face her real mother at the time.”
“She grew up quickly, realizing the true cruelties of the world from Sailor Pluto’s death. Her wedding soon came, and the announcement of being coroneted officially as Neo-Princess Serenity in the years after.”
“But…” her lips dried as she uttered the single word.
"During that time, Lilith was sealed in the body of a young girl. The demon could not awaken though, it was now in the body of a sailor soldier. Unable to wake up due to the girl’s powers, many demons sought to wake her up…You know this part…” Kira smiled. “A horde of demons tried to awaken Lilith, but you saved her…”
“Seeing you as the most powerful soldier in every dimension, she asked for a lock of your hair.”
“Although, a little cat had seen too much…” Kira said annoyingly. “He planted a seed in the girl’s body to awaken that demon.”
There is no eraser in this world, we cannot erase the things we say…or the actions we take…
“She awakened after Nowari’s capture of her…”
All it takes is one word to be spoken…
“With the demon world at hand, she destroyed Crystal Tokyo and made it her own.”
Then the echoes that follow out…will consume it…
“The counsel never imagined that something like this would happen…”
All it takes is one word…
For the whole world to be destroyed.

Crackles and crunches went out to the world as the figure walked on the broken bones of the roads. The crumbled buildings stood in shame to the figure’s presence.
Chains rattled on the pegasus’ armor that walked behind the cloaked one. Its ears flicked, a few snorts went out from time to time.
A few demons snarled at the site of the person. They slipped out of the shadows and crawled to the person.
A wry smile grew on the figure’s face, not worried or fearful from the over confident beasts.
She pulled up a bottle with a liquid in it. Gasoline.
The demons stopped and lifted their heads up, curious to the new item.
She popped the cap off and threw the liquid at their feet. They were a little startled at it, but soon shrugged it off and growled to show fear at their enemy.
Her grin only grew bigger. She whisked the lantern towards them; it slid down the road quickly with the liquid. The metallic silver shone as she pulled out a gun, aimed, and shot.
Flames shot up to where the liquid used to rest. The only light in town. Sounds of groans and whimpers went out from the demons, growing to the figure’s cockiness.
A few demons broke out from the treacherous fire, some waiting for a better chance to attack. They slid on the pavement, their nails scratching the ground. They were attempting to bite her head off.
She slid back a little, the smile still wide along her face, both guns now in hand, loaded and ready for battle.
“You had visited Rini from the past for the coronation…soon after going back to your own time and home…”

“But, Lilith had a lock of you hair, the DNA of the most powerful soldier; cloning would take place.”
“She went in secret hiding, working on her army…”
“She used many tricks to gain what she wanted. She sent a clone to seem like it was you just visiting, until it happened that the clone put a sword to the queen’s neck. Crystal Tokyo was easy for her…”
“The queen and the other sailor soldiers are frozen in the palace.”
“But before the queen was put to rest…she split the silver crystal into shards…”
“A maiden is in each shard, and there are seven of them. Find them and reconfigure the crystal…The queen did this for three reasons…to keep the crystal's power safe, give power to her citizens while she is trapped inside the frozen castle, and to prevent the crystal from having too much power if it falls into the wrong hands. The crystal's shards have individual power, but only five people are able to wield the crystal's full power, you, Neo-Queen Serenity, Cosmic-Queen Serenity, Princess Hazel, the one who has been dethroned by Lilith, and the heir. And all but one of them have been immobilized, which is you…”
“You are the only one who can save the dimensions from this crisis. The counsel has specifically asked for you to help. Right now, many sailor soldiers are in hiding, not wanting to get killed by the hand of Lilith. You must find more help and train them, soon to gather the seven maidens. Sailor Pluto is guarding the Door of Time left by Chronos. She will seek for help from the soldiers of the past.”
“Collect the seven maidens and you win the game. The counsel awaits for the final battle.”
“The game has begun…The Alice Game…”

Shots echoed throughout the town, blood spurting everywhere. Her smile only grew bigger after every death of a monster she dealt. The flames made it a little harder, the smoke clogging her lungs and the heat unbearable. But, it protected her from sneak attacks from behind.
“There is one more thing…”
She ran up and slid up a demon’s arm, the leftover gasoline making it easier. She flipped to where she was upside down in midair, a perfect place for her gun. The shot banged out, and she slid on the ground. She grinned at her clean headshot.
“A baby will soon be born in town, the mother has been hiding her state…the father is dead…”
She raised an arm up, arcane circles flown up around her, wisps of energy whipped out around. The fire died and was being consumed by the magic she had summoned. Her arm flopped down back to her side, soon letting out a big sigh. A few cuts, some pretty deep, and burns here and there, but she was alive. That was all that mattered.
She raised a hand up, signaling the pegasus to follow her. No light now, but they continued on their path anyways.
“The baby will be raised by the hand of Eva, but you must find him and relocate to a safer area.”
They walked up to an old building; it didn’t even look like a building anymore with how shattered it was. But the wailing of a baby could be heard.
“The counsel hopes that you will take care of him…”
She walked in, the darkness made it look that no one was there. She followed the sound of a women singing. His mother? A music box seemed to be playing along, but it was hard to tell.
The girl walked up the stairs, following the enchanting sound and the mysterious voice.
A woman in a white dress sat in a chair next to the crying baby on the floor. A warm light circled around the room, the curtains softly blowing with it. She had long brown hair draped over her left shoulder in a ponytail.
The girl stepped into the warm room. The woman looked up and smiled, still singing the nostalgic tune. A fury of wind blew, the woman fading into strips of light, on her way to heaven.
“I was waiting for you to care for my baby…” her soft voice echoed.
The girl pulled off her hood, a stream of light passed around her, circling her, then leaving off for heaven. She looked up to the sky, as if waiting for another sign.
She walked toward the bailing baby. She caressed her hands under the fragile being, slowly lifting him into her arms.
She ignored the sight of the dead mother lying to the side.
The tune strung from her voice, soon calming the child down.

A girl sat on the steps of the Moon Kingdom. A magazine covered her eyes. A beer lay next to her head along with a strawberry soon.. A pegasus came up and sniffed her, mostly the magazine, soon snotting on it. Then made his way for the beer.
"You're not very considerate are you?" the girl spoke. The pegasus didn't care. He grabbed the beer with his mouth, for his tongue didn't fit to get the actual drink.
"Hey...That's mine..." she heard the bottle. The pegasus lifted its head up, taking a few gulps. The girl sighed, "Don't get drunk..." was all she said. The pegasus snorted and sniffed her head, asking if he could have the leftover sundae. With no answer, he began his feast.
She went off to the realm of dreams. Even though hers were mostly nightmares these days. Any happy ones were only memories and made her sad that she'd never experience them again. Although, there was a dream where she was in the land of beer and strawberry sundaes...

“An intruder…? But that’s impossible! I’ve captured everyone in Crystal Tokyo and no one can send signals across dimensions!” Crescent Shadow screamed at the guards. Her eyes widened at the new thought that slipped into her mind.
“…Except for her…” she grimaced at the realization.
The woman walked through the cells. Groans, cries of hunger and pain, people weeping, some being beaten for various “crimes” filled the hallways. Some looked down at the ground in silence, their eyes had lost hope.
The latch on the door unlocked to one cell. Ten guards surrounded this one. The walls were made of iron and metal, so nothing could get in…or out. What was so special about this one?
Crescent Shadow stepped in and stared at the prisoner within the metal walls. Her hands were chained up. Blood streaked down her arms, her wrists cut deeply from the chains. She looked that of a corpse. In a sudden movement, Crescent Shadow grabbed the girl’s shirt by the collar and thrust her upwards.
“Who did you call?!” she shrieked at the girl. She remained silent. The devil trembled in anger, resulting in slapping the girl across the face. Fresh blood trickled down the girl’s cheek, along with the new shade of blue that surrounded it. The woman then struck a kick into the girl’s stomach. The chain rattled and the girl clenched her teeth as the chains pulled on her skin, releasing more blood. The silver chain was the only thing that kept her from collapsing to the ground. Crescent Shadow laughed as she watched the girl struggled, trying to get out of the pain. She huffed and panted. The smell of her blood made her feel sick, she felt it slide down her back and drench her clothes in the crimson color. She coughed, her eyes wide, as if she was about to vomit. Blood leaked out of her mouth. She pulled up to see the woman laughing at her. Her blue eyes looked at her with a cry to stop. To stop the torture. Crescent Shadow pulled her hair back and thrust her head up.
“Remember, that is only a little piece of your punishment for keeping silent…” her voice shook with death. She threw the girl aside and stood up.
“I want…” her voice trailed off, giving orders to the guards. The girl only heard the devil’s footsteps echo off.
Why? Why are you doing this? What happened? I still remember…your young, smiling face ten years ago…what happened to that little girl I saw…?
A boy with white hair ran down the corridors, only one thought kept in his mind. Run.
He turned a slipped into a cell with walls covering it. The guards ran, turning onto a different path. The boy looked out and watched them go. He huffed and slumped down to the ground. He turned his head and blinked at his new sight.
A girl. A girl masked in blood. Her arms tied up with a chain that dug into her flesh. She had long golden hair that covered her eyes. She wore black clothing. A jacket, shirt, jeans, and dress shoes. The jacket was torn up, white lining raced around it, and angel wings were printed on the back. She had bruises and cuts…scars…along her body. The boy looked at her with pity.
Who on earth could do such a thing?
“Hey…” he whispered. The girl remained silent. He placed his hand on her shoulder. The chain rattled as the girl flinched.
Whew…so she is alive…
“Hey, what’s your name?” he asked. She didn’t speak a word. He looked at her, trying to figure out what to do.
“Ah!”
The chains! They’re hurting her…
With a swipe of his hand the chains broke. The girl immediately collapsed forward into the boy’s arms.
“Whoa!” he caught her. He looked over his shoulder to make sure no one had heard his sudden cry.
She must be really weak…She’s so skinny…
“Don’t worry…I’ll get you out of here…” he cradled her carefully into his arms and lifted her up.
“So you’re the intruder…Helios…”
The boy froze at the new voice. Crescent Shadow…
The woman stepped into the cell.
“Put the girl down…” she commanded. He looked down at the broken body in his arms.
“Why…?” he cautiously asked. She only made a wry smile appear on her face.
“I’ll be the one to ask questions around here…” she stated.
So she’s important to this cold woman…but why? The boy questioned.
“Put her down…” she repeated. The boy winced at her voice. “Let me make you a deal…the girl will be cared for…and you will rule beside me…”
“Pegasus!” he suddenly screamed. The white horse suddenly appeared.
“No!” Crescent Shadow screamed. He put the girl on the horse and it whisked away. Crescent Shadow leaped forward and dug a golden horn in to the boy’s heart. He screamed in agony, feeling the blood spurt out of him.
“You shouldn’t have refused my offer…” the woman stated.
"Your fools magic is no match for that of the heir... You thought you could kill me, but in truth I am being born, living a life, now...on earth..." Helios' last words trembled, "You guessed right, reincarnation..." the boy’s body suddenly disappeared in wisps of smoke.
Crescent Shadow stood, baffled. She gritted her teeth in anger. So a Young male or female was now trotting around Shadow Tokyo, pretending to be human. The Queen could not allow this.
How had Helios done this? She thought.
But there was no way of knowing... She had but only one thing to do...Find Helios and bring him back to her...
She planned to trap him and make sure he never reincarnated again. For his power was too strong and if the heir he spoke of was real, then she could activate a new team of Soldiers. A grin took over her face.
“You maybe have taken the Goddess of the Moon away from me…but you’ve given me plenty of new options Helios…” she laughed.


The Pegasus landed on the grounds of where the Moon Kingdom stood. The Pegasus turned its head and licked the girl’s face. She slowly pulled herself up, ignoring her body’s screams of agony. She looked around and spotted a mirror. She hadn’t seen herself in years. She walked slowly towards it and looked at the reflection.
The eyes of a corpse stared back at her.
The Pegasus helped the girl steady herself, but she still collapsed. She was so weak, and her body hurt so much. What could she do? The Pegasus sniffed her and nudged her, trying to get her to wake up. But she remained still. The Pegasus snorted.
I’m sorry…I can’t move…it hurts too much…why does it even matter? She took everything away from me…everything I cared about…everything…
Silent tears slid down her cheeks. The water burned her cuts, but she didn’t care anymore.
The Pegasus trotted off into the castle.
At least…I got food in that hell…why did that boy send me here?
She suddenly felt a wet nose nudge the back of her head again. She slowly turned her, trying to be careful not to injure herself too deeply.
An apple.
The Pegasus nudged her. It got an apple for the girl? She weakly grabbed it and began to munch on it slowly, her jaw throbbing in pain. The Pegasus laid down next to her and put its on her legs, hoping to keep her warm of some sort. She swallowed her bitten apple pieces, tasting her own blood that soaked into the apple.


“Ow…” the girl placed her hands on her wrists, they had the slowest recovery. Probably because of how deep the chains had dug into her. She walked slowly, her leg one of the slow recoveries as well. She still was a little too skinny for her age but, she was getting progress on her weight and her pale skin slowly turned back to normal. Her back still had major slashes across it…where Crescent Shadow had lashed her back when she disobeyed, sometimes even just for the pleasure to see her squirm.
Slashes…

The girl trembled while sitting on the bench. Crescent Shadow was behind her…with a whip. The woman put her hand on the girl’s back and whispered in her ear, “I’ll make sure your wings can never come out again…” she snickered. “Now, laid down on your stomach.”
She did as told. She didn’t have a choice. The girl looked off to the side, her whole body shaking violently. Crescent Shadow pulled her jacket and shirt up to reveal her back. The cold air sent more goose bumps along the girl’s skin. She unclipped the girl’s bra and moved it out of the way.
“Let me hear a good scream…” Crescent Shadow laughed, striking the whip down across her back. The girl froze and tried to sustain the sting, feeling her blood drip out. She grew angry at the girl. She pulled her hair, forcing her up.
“Do you plan to hold your tongue forever?” she snarled. She slammed her down, back onto the table. Crimson slid down the girl’s head and created a pool around her.
Twenty-four…left…
Crescent Shadow smiled at the pitiful girl.
“I can’t believe you’re the Goddess of the Moon…” she laughed. Again, the whip. The devil slashed it across the girl’s back.
Fifteen…Fourteen…Thirteen…
“Why don’t you scream?”
Twelve…Twelve left…
The girl huffed and panted, the smell of blood knotted her stomach. Her body no longer moved. It was now numb, the only pain that she could feel was the whip.
Five…more…
Consciousness was fading away. Her vision began to blur, black swarmed her sight. Suddenly, something pulled her beaten body up. The devil.
“You sicken me…I was right…you’re worthless…”
She let out a yelp as the whip cut into her back again.
Four…
The last four seemed to have dug more deeply into her flesh then before. Her back now masked in the crimson red of her blood. This was only the beginning of the suffering pain. The girl’s eyes were becoming lifeless. Her back screamed in agony. The stings from the whip tortured her.
Suddenly, ice cold was thrown onto her head. Her eyes snapped back to the horrific reality she was in.
“Get the hell up, it’s time to go back to your cell…” Crescent Shadow loomed over her. The water burned her back, but she stood up anyways.
“Nork, bring her to her cell…I have things to do…” the woman stated and left the room.
A man then walked in. The girl trembled more at the sight of him. His cold touch grabbed her arms, making sure the chain was secure around her wrists. The girl flinched as he lifted her shirt up to examine the damage on her back. He put her bra back in place and yanked the chain, leading her to the metal cell.
At the cell, he linked the chain to the ceiling and the girl sat on the cold floor. She tried not to think about the pain in her back, but it was no use. The chain that dug into her wrists didn’t help either. Suddenly, the chain grew a bit longer, long enough so she could lie down.
“Don’t tell her…” the man smiled. “You had a rough time though, lie down.” The girl obeyed, but the man caught before she went down. She stared at him in confusion.
“Why don’t you become my wife? I’ll care for you and you won’t live like an animal anymore…” he whispered. He kissed her neck and soon pressed onto her lips. The girl froze but couldn’t do anything about it. He released her and laid her down.
“The chain will go back to its original length when she comes back. Goodbye…my Goddess of the Moon…”


Twilight, the Pegasus, trotted behind her. The girl was still silent after the year, only muttering things to herself. The experience seemed to have left her traumatized into not speaking. Twilight ran in front of her, it bit her jacket and pulled.
“I-I’m coming…” she whispered. But Twilight wanted something else. He showed her that he wanted her to get on his back. She silently obeyed. It took a few tries to get on the being, especially with how bad in shape her wrists were. She gritted her teeth to keep from screaming in pain. She took a few deep breaths and waited for the stallion to head off where it wanted to take her.
The beast’s wings outstretched and they were off the ground. The girl wrapped her arms around its neck and closed her eyes, feeling the wind whip her face, her hair flowing throughout the air. They had reached they’re destination. Shadow Tokyo.
The girl trembled.
“W-Why did you take me here…?” she questioned the stallion. It only snorted and began to gallop across the lifeless roads, it soon stopped in front of a door.
Twilight signaled her to get off. She obeyed. The being then nudged her towards the house. Her legs shook violently.
“W-Why…? L-Let’s go back...” she turned around but the Pegasus forced her towards the door. She took a deep breath and headed towards it. Her hand trembled violently as she went up to the door. She knocked, wincing at the pain at something so simple. The door slowly opened to reveal a little boy, about the age of ten.
“W-Who are you…?” the boy asked courageously. “Are you part of Crescent Shadow’s army?”
She blinked a few times and grew a faint smile.
“N-No..I’m-“
“Don’t move!!” a voice shouted. The girl’s body began to shake terribly and she slowly turned around to face the voice.
Guards. Everywhere. Twilight fought the ropes being thrown at him.
Not again…not again…
Her mind traced back to the horrific memories. Children being killed right before her eyes. Screams and flames everywhere.
She took everything from me…
“Get down! Your under arrest of Crescent Shadow!” he shouted.
Everything…
“Under the commandment of her holiness…”
Everything…
Her mind flashed the image of that devil woman.
“That’s my baby!” “Stop this madness!” “Where’s my child?!”
Voices echoed throughout her mind. She raised her head. Her eyes now crimson.
This place…is full of apes…
“You are not allowed to be here and must be in the base…”
Your nothing but a bunch of apes…
“Of Crescent Shadow…If you refuse…”
The girl took a few steps forward, her hair covered her face, no one could see her eyes.
You burn and slaughter children…babies…with grins on your face…You don’t have a bit of humanity in yourself…That woman took everything away from me…
You won’t take anything more away from me…
“You will be killed…”
The man’s head flew off and soon every soldier was ripped to shreds. The boy stared in shock and covered his mouth.
She turned around and the boy trembled. She gave a smile. He stared at her red eye that showed.
“…I’m Maria…”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment