Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - ONE

Okay long story short-college girl is hit on by lead singer&drummer of an upcoming band. lead singer's a jerk with charisma and the drummer's a nice-guy-who-can't-catch-a-break. read and learn. have fun.=)

Chapter 1 - ONE

Chapter 1 - ONE
~A girl in big police style sunglasses, her hair pulled back into a loose pony tail that drapes over her slender neck and lean yet strong back, sits at a cafe. She crosses her legs, dressed in a flowy textured skirt and yawns.  Her coffee has yet to be brought to her and shake the tire and fatigue from her eyes.  Looking across the room, she thinks to herself.  Wow.  How exciting.  Just another day in boreville.
~"Ma'am?"
~She glances over her shoulder.  A waiter stands next to her, sporting her coffee on a platter.  He smiles at her and says, "Your coffee, ma'am?"
~She weakly smiles back at the toothy waiter to mumble her thanks.  Taking her coffee from him, she turns away and begins to patiently sip the caffeinated drink.  A funny feeling strikes her, and she glances over her shoulder again.  The waiter still stood, smiling at her.
~She gives him an odd look and asks, "Yes?"
~He laughs and apologizes.  "I'm sorry.  I don't usually do this, but you're so beautiful that I simply can't let this chance pass me by.  I was wondering whether you would be interested in going out with me on Saturday night...that is, unless you're already engaged.  I wouldn't be surprised, considering how beautiful you are," he says, grinning broadly.
~The girl looks up at the waiter.  She had to admit, he was outrageously handsome, the tall, dark and handsome type, and extremely polite in his proposal, but unfortunately for him, she found herself uninterested in his offer.  She attempts to sound as gracious as she can as she denies his suggestion.
~"I'm sorry, but I do find myself engaged at the moment.  So sorry."  With that, she turns away from him and continues to sip at her coffee.
~The waiter must have sensed her lie by the tone of her voice.  He chuckles to himself and replies, "Oh, I see.  I understand," and he walks away.
~Laura finds herself regretting her decision and feeling sorry for the waiter.  But, what has been done has been done, she muses.
~Going back to her coffee, she picks up her book and begins to read.  Her phone rings abruptly as she jumps from her seat and drops her book, momentarily startled.  regrouping, she digs through her Gucci purse and retrieves her cell phone.  She flips it open and answers.
~"Hello?"
~"Hey Girl!"  It's Kim, her rambunctious best friend.  "How's it goin', Lady?  You up for some partying?  Well, you better be, 'cuz we going to a concert tonight!  WOOT!"
~In the background, Laura hears a bunch of other people hollering and cheering.  She must be at another party, she thinks.  Smiling to herself, she laughs and says, "I'm sorry, Kimmy.  But I've got plans."
~"Yeah, right, Girl!  Like, staying at home and studying your pretty @$$ off?  Hah!"  Laughter in the background.  "Come on!  You're always studying and preparing and shoot.  why don't you just relax and have some fun for a change, Girl?"  She always calls me Girl, Laura thinks to herself.
~"I'm sorry, Kimmy.  I really have stuff to do.  Go without me.  You'll have fun," Laura suggests.
~"Chyea I will!  But I'll have an even better time with you there!" Kim retorts cheerfully.  "Come on, everybody!  Holler with me!" she says to the people in the background.  "Laura!  Laura!  Laura!  Laura!" they chant.
~Laura laughs.  "Guys, cut it out!  I'm not goin'!"  She has to yell for Kim to hear, so in effect, a few people in the cafe turn and stare.  Still, incessant chanting.
~"Laura!  Laura!  Laura!"
~Sensing her defeat and sensing the cafe's customer's unease, she concedes.  "Alright!  Alright!  You all win!"  More cheers over the other line.  "When will you pick me up?"
~Kim has to bellow over the celebrating cheers to say, "Five o'clock at your place!  Wear something party worthy!"
~"Okay!" Laura shouts.  "See you then!"
~"Bye, Girl!"
~The yelling ends abruptly.
~Laura closes her cell with a grin on her face.  Then she returns it to her purse and looks around.  All eyes are on her.  Blushing, she finishes the last of her coffee, nods to no one in particular, and leaves.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

HeeroYuyFan on July 11, 2007, 11:40:29 AM

HeeroYuyFan on
HeeroYuyFanHahah wow this is a cool story

Fluffykins on July 12, 2007, 12:39:59 AM

Fluffykins on
Fluffykinsthnx buddy! =D  I still have a lot more to add tho =P

Fluffykins on July 11, 2007, 3:47:20 AM

Fluffykins on
Fluffykinsokay, so i just started this new story without finishing the last one i started, but w/e.  hope y'all like it =P