Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Mai is just your average Japanese/American pre-teen. Except for 1 thing. To the CIA, she's known as agent 4160.

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1
Mai woke up at exactly 5:00 AM, got dressed, and headed out for her morning jog, just like every day.

Ever since that insane operation the government had done on her, she had acted just like a soldier. Apparently, they had messed with her brain as well as her physical strength and speed. She had been altered from her old lazy, rebel, hormone-crazed body, into quite possibly one of the most serious government agents. That is... when she wanted to be. Hey, she was still a pre-teen after all.

Lets get the time strait shall we? the year- 2060. The month- July. The 26th to be exact, only two days before Mai's birthday. Like she really cared. In the CIA, your birthday just meant the start of another wave of training.

She turned her iPod on, and immediately went to the rock genre. that was basically the only thing that the operation hadn't taken from her- her love of music. Especially her rock and roll. Her favorite band? An older one, Sum 41.

Just as she was about to really get into her music, and started jogging to the beat, the tiny chip in her brain went off.

"Agent 4160, we need you in HQ, stat. Be here in 10 minutes. No exceptions." the deep voice rand through her head.

'Ah crap.' she thought. Mai hated it when one of her daily routines was interrupted.

"We heard that." the voice replied.

'Damn-it, I'm still on that thought-phone thing, aren't I?" She heard a small 'click', but no reply. 'Guess not.'

She changed her direction, as a hover-car passed overhead, and started for Head-Quarters.

*~*~/*\~*~*

As she walked inside, Mai saw that every one was surrounding the super-computer at the far end of base.

She squeezed through the many people in the crowd, trying to get to the giant screen. It was fairly easy, thanks to her small frame.

On the monitor was an infra-red screen shot of the sky-line. everything was the normal colors of blue and green, except for one big blotch just above the
Washington Memorial. It stuck out just like a sore thumb, just one big blob of orange, red, and yellow.

"What's that heat coming from?" she asked.

"That's exactly what we're trying try figure out." said the man at the keyboard.

"Hello, Chief."

"Mai." he responded, nodding his head. "I want you to go up to the top of the Memorial and check it out."

"Right. But can I go home and change first?"

"Fine." he sighed. Sometimes, he forgot that Mai wasn't even 13 yet.

*~*~/*\~*~*

Mai had gotten home, changed, grabbed her hover-board, and to the top of the Washington Memorial in 5 minutes flat, thanks to her amazing speed.

She took a good look up at the sky, but couldn't see anything unusual. Only the occasional cloud and small flocks of birds were visible. She pulled out the special binoculars that the Chief had given her. She switched through the screens, until she got to infra-red. She put the lenses up to her eyes, and saw the same blotch of heat.

Just as Mai pulled down the binoculars, a giant black cloud formed in the sky. Before she could even begin to act, a giant fighter robot crashed into the top of the Memorial, sending thousands of pounds of stone (and more importantly, Mai) flying.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

vesblondie on November 25, 2007, 4:20:11 AM

vesblondie on
vesblondiewow. This shounds really cool :3 Lol I loved the thing about the mind-phone XDDD lol I can't wait for the next chapter! :P