Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - Prologue

She stole weaponry. He stole her heart.

Chapter 0 - Prologue

Chapter 0 - Prologue
LOL this is what happens when my friends help me write a fanfic while we're hyper at lunch XD
~~~~~~~~~~~~


The engine gunned to life, dirt flying as the reactors in the hover cycle roared. Before it was even able to rise, the bike had taken off at top speeds.

The wind billowed in Flare's ears, her jet black hair flying behind her. Neera basically clang to the handle-bars for dear life as the bike turned and swerved to dodge the laser fire from the Crimson Guard.

"The thief is escaping! Quickly, get her!" she heard them yell. She gunned the engine again, making the bike go faster.

Strait ahead, a hover screen of Baron Praxis was rapidly coming closer and closer. "Uh, Flare!? Flare!?" yelled Neera. "Are you insane!? Hover-screen at 12 o' clock!!"

"Maybe just a little insane!" she replied, rising her voice above the wind. Gunning it one more time, she popped a wheely and flew upward through the screen. The glass shattered and flew everywhere.

Citizens scattered as the glass fell to the earth. Flare pulled a U-turn, going underground through the dim roadways.
~~~~

Almost a solid half-hour later, Flare had finally shaken off the Guards. Turning a corner, she slowed greatly. Driving into a large back alley, she came to a complete stop, then turned in her seat to make sure that the haul was still in good condition. She flung her leg over the other side of the cycle and hopped off, Neera jumping onto her shoulder. Untying the load from the bike, she headed towards a strange area in the large gray wall.

The crack opened, revealing a dark staircase, the only light coming from the room at the end. The two could hear a high-pitched voice coming from the room, basically yelling. "That @$$-whole Krew just made us go out on the stupidest little mission ever, and now you want us to help this recruit that we've never even heard of!? This is the biggest load of-"

"Excuse me, are we interrupting anything Torn?" asked Flare, reaching the bottom of the stairs.

Everyone turned to face her and the fuzzy pink ottsel on her shoulder. Suddenly, a silent switch clicked on in Daxter's head. He jumped over onto Flare's opposite shoulder, and stared at Neera. "Heell-"

SLAP

"Don't even think about it fuzzy boy." Daxter hit the ground with a loud 'thud' coming from the floor. "Besides, my race is higher up on the food chain."

"... But aren't you an ottsel too?"

"...Well... the female of the species eat the males!"

Cutting in, Flare said, "No they- mmph!" Her mouth had been blocked by Neera's tail.

"N-no, don't listen to Flare! I have the brains! She's had a few to many laser shots to the head! Hehe..."

"MM!" Flare gave Neera a menacing glare.

"YOW!" yelled the pink ottsel, jumping onto Torn's desk, then onto his shoulder. Massaging her tail, she said, "Torn, she bit my tail! Again!"

Torn sighed. "These are the two recruits your suppost to guard."

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

AnimeAngel87 on December 7, 2007, 8:49:39 AM

AnimeAngel87 on
AnimeAngel87Lawl This CHappie is Funny

So Many Bumps Thuds and Bites

Can't Wait Fer More!!

Kouni46892742 on December 7, 2007, 7:40:58 AM

Kouni46892742 on
Kouni46892742A Stolen Treasure ?