Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Working Late

She stole weaponry. He stole her heart.

Chapter 1 - Working Late

Chapter 1 - Working Late
Spitting out fur, Flare yelled in surprise. "What!? We don't need guards! If you could have seen how we just evaded those Crimson Guard goons, you-"

"That's exactly my point Flare. You and Neera are getting to risky when you dodge them. I did see your escape. It was plastered all over the news as it was going on. Luckily, your face wasn't seen clearly in any of the video, and the only part of Neera that could be seen was her bandanna. Do you know how damaging it could have been for The Resistance if you had been seen!? Or, even worse, captured!? That would be out only mechanical expert, gone. And, if you had been caught, who knows what ways of torture they would have used to get information out of you!? The two'll make sure you don't do anything like that again, and that's final."

"But, Torn I-"

"I said enough. Now, while Jak and Daxter are your guards, they will be staying in your apartment."

If Flare had been drinking anything at the moment, it would have been spit across the room. "WHAT!?!?!?!?"

"You never said anything about that, Torn." growled Jak. If it hadn't been for that, Daxter might have thought he went back to being a mute.

"Well, it's still part of your mission. Flare, lead Jak to you apartment on your cycle when you're done here."

"Torn, sometimes I think you're insane." sighed Flare. She walked over to another door which slid open, revealing a work-table surrounded by wrenches and power-tools. The group saw her put the load onto the the table, and lost sight of her as the door slid shut.

Neera jumped off of Torn's shoulder and up onto the top bunk of one of the beds. "You two may wanna get comfortable. We may be here for a while before she's finished."

"Flare's our mech girl. She reboots all of the guns, hover-boards, and the other equipment she brings back from her missions. She's a hot-head, and prefers to do things on her own. You'll have to keep your eye on her." said Torn. With that, he headed up the stairs.
~~~

It was almost midnight. Neera was asleep on one of the beds, and Daxter was asleep on the other end. Jak was leaning against the wall, his eyes closed. The door slid open, revealing a half-asleep Flare trudging out of it. Jak opened his eyes, watching her wake up Neera. The ottsel half jumped/half fell onto her shoulder.

Jak then proceeded to go and wake up Daxter. "Wait Jak," said Neera. "Let's leave him here."

"Neera, up shut* please?" sighed Flare. "I'm too tired to fight right now." She walked up the stairs, then waited at the top for Jak. Walking over to her cycle, she cranked it to life, rising higher up into the air, then waited until Jak joined her on his 'borrowed' bike.
~~~~

The lock clicked open and Flare walked inside, followed by Jak. Flare stopped dead, eyes wide in their sockets. "Neera, you were the last one in here... right?"

"Yeah..."

"Okay... um... frack the what*!?"

"FLARE!! YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING THOSE TYPES OF THINGS!!!!"

"What the-" said Daxter.

"I'M OLDER THAN YOU, NEERA!!"

"BY A YEAR!!!"

"YOU WANNA GO*!? DO YOU WANT TO GO YA' LITTLE PINK FUZZBAG!?!?

"OH, THAT'S IT!!!" At that point, the girls proceeded to roll around, fighting each other on the insanely messy floor. "BESIDES, JAK PROBABLY ISN'T EVEN CLEAN!!!" The fight stopped for approximately 5 nano-seconds, just long enough for Flare's face to turn beat red. Neera thought she had won, but, unfortunately, she was wrong. The fight started back up immediately. A series of small grunts and squeaks came from the now accumulated fight-cloud. "OW!! QUIT BITING MY TAIL!!"

The boys were still standing in the doorway, apparently very entertained. "Eh... now I see why they need guards." said Daxter.

"WE DON'T NEED GUARDS!!!" the two girls screamed in response. Actually stopping for a second to look around at the incredibly messy apartment, they dropped their eyelids. "Ah, frack."

*******
~up shut: our teachers don't like us saying 'shut up', so we say up shut. XD

~ frack the what: me and my friends say it like this cuz we're just insane like that. XP IT'S BETTER CUZ IT'S BACKWARDS!!! XD

~You wanna go?: thats just a little phrase everyone says at my school as a joke XD. It's when we ave mock arguments. Yeah. my entire school is a little crazy. X3 XD XP

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

AnimeAngel87 on December 7, 2007, 10:46:15 AM

AnimeAngel87 on
AnimeAngel87Lol Up Shut
XD

This Chappie is Funneh and Awesome

Must read More!!!!!