Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Recovery

After being in a coma-like state for an hour the questions have been answered, but more arise.
Kind of an end to my earlier one-shot Poisoned

Chapter 1 - Recovery

Chapter 1 - Recovery
She lay once more in bed, her eyes swimming with fatigue from the past events. A coma for an hour; sleep felt good after it. Juno, the red-headed devil child’s twin brother, lay curled up in the deepest parts of her soul; tired from his own ordeal. In a human form he had short, black hair and innocent blue eyes; in his true form he was a six tailed sleek black wolf. Seraya had, earlier, done something; whether it was poison, or something else the woman will never know, that had given her human system such a shock that it put her into a coma-like state for an hour.

"He shouldn’t have removed it," a silky voice came through her mind as she lay there exhausted.The voice belonged to a waist-length red head with silver eyes; in true form the demon was an eighteen-tailed cat with fire red fur that was striped dark red over light red; the last of her kind, or family, as far as anyone knew, this was Kaika.

"Like you knew what was going to happen," the woman replied with a grumble as she rolled onto her side to try and go back to sleep.

"The way she reacted to protect it, one may have guessed it would have done something of the sort," Kaika answered softly. That floral design which has been moved from her hand to her side had been the cause of her suffering. In wanting to protect it Seraya had used her weakened poison and something else; that Juno relayed was a second attack if her poison became weak. The topper that led the human to be placed in a coma-like state was something the design had emitted upon being washed away, something of a very strong miasma that filled her lungs and quickly shut down her brain. Thank god for Mintaku, the only one in her body who could deal with such a high intensity of poisonous substance; the only one in her body who is immune to all type of poison.

"What can we do?" Mintaku sighed heavily, "If we try and remove the design, it puts the human in danger,"

"But if we leave it, the danger stays," Kaika finished for the snake demon. Mintaku nodded with another heavy sigh.

"As long as Seraya remains, the human and Juno, and all of you, aren’t safe," Mintaku said, "We already know she’s willing to stoop low enough to endanger the very life of the human just to remain inside this body and keep that design on the human’s flesh,"

"Enough," the woman groaned as she shut her eyes, "I don’t care if she stays, I don’t care if this design stays on my body," she said strongly, "We need to find a way to make her stop what she’s doing,"

"I wouldn’t have to bother any of you if that insolent human and his demons would just leave me alone,"

That voice, so innocent yet insanity filled it. Seraya’s voice relayed some of her insanity, but when something made her crack her true insanity showed through her voice. "If they would just leave me alone and let me do what I know, then there would be no problem," her voice was growing with insanity. She was about to crack again, no doubt. And crack she did, her voice grew in insanity and her eyes grew in diameter until they were fully open, a strange smile appeared on her used to be innocent looking face.

"Here we go," Mintaku muttered.

"Big brother only wants Juno, I only want to hurt Juno," she said in a melodic voice that could only belong to a mentally unstable child, "I don’t want to hurt anyone else,"

"Then why do you?" Kaika hissed in her cat-like manor, growing tired of the child and Lucifer.

"Because the insolent human and those mean demons won’t leave us alone," Seraya’s voice sounded genuinely sad as her smile faded, "If they left us alone, this human wouldn’t get hurt; none of you would get hurt for that matter."

"Only Juno,"

"Only Juno," Seraya repeated, the twisted smile returning to her face.

"You realize Nikuru will always get in your way," Mintaku said, her voice sounding disgusted when she pronounced the name 'Nikuru'. Seraya’s face darkened and the woman sighed heavily.

"Enough; all of you," she said quietly, "Just let me sleep, I have to deal with school in the morning," she paused, "Now unless any of YOU would like to take my place during my courses, I suggest you shut up and let me sleep,"

Silence resounded in her head and the woman smiled a little, "That’s what I thought," she said in satisfaction.

"Good night," Kaika said softly as she herself curled up, ready for sleep.

"Good night," the woman answered before yawning wide and falling fast asleep for the night. All questions answered, but the fight against Seraya and the ever quiet Lucifer was far, far from over. The woman would need her strength if she intended on surviving through the entire ordeal with little long term effects, but was that possible? Would Lucifer let her survive unscathed? They disliked those who were bi, gay or lesbian and the woman herself was bi. A soft sigh escaped her as she nuzzled her pillow, growing still for the rest of the night. Only the strength of those inside her body and their mates would tell if she would make it out without any damage.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nedj77 on October 15, 2011, 9:40:15 AM

nedj77 on
nedj77Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Terific secound-shot, I guess that's what you would call it.