Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Veloralesca's Lament, Ani's Bliss

Caught in the doorway to the world of adulthood, a young Duchess is sold away to marriage, to Sakyo! When she's in love with ANOTHER! OC X Sakyo X Ani

Chapter 1 - Veloralesca's Lament, Ani's Bliss

Chapter 1 - Veloralesca's Lament, Ani's Bliss
Disclaimer: I own nothing of YYh or the characters. I am not making a profit of of this in any way so don't sue me. If you do, I will have Sakyo pay for it!

You Die When You Fall In Love
Chapter 1: Veloralesca's Lament, Ani's Bliss

"It's not FAIR!" Veloralesca screamed. She threw her small jewel covered fist into the stone wall, making it crack. She miserably slumped onto her crimson velvet bed with the gold fringes. Her father had given the luxurious bedset from the Makai before he "mysteryously shot himself", but Veloralesca knew better. She knew her mother had Arch-Duke Veiroijh, Veloralesca's father, assasinated. Veloralesca had cried for her fathers death then, and she cried for herself now. Deciding that since her pompous mother was out in the orchard, and therefore, the rest of the kingdom was focused on the court yard, she wailed. She wailed out loud, her voice growing rough, almost frightening. As she released her emotions in her wild screaming, her personal body guard, Toguro Oto, entered. He pushed the door open and strode to her.
"Mi'lady!" He yelled over her hysterical screaming. As the sound of his deep voice, she stopped and watched him. One of the corners of his lips turned up as his fingertips brushed her cheek. "May I ask what caused this commotion, never in you seventeen years, have you made so much noise?" Veloralesca sat down and sighed. She looked up at him and dreamily sighed. She pat the bed next to her and he sat down.
"It's just......I am to marry a man named Sakyo.......I DON'T KNOOW A MAN NAMED SAKYO!!!" She yelled. She slowly slid her hand up her upper arm and looked down sadly. There was no more point in crying, it wouldn't do any good, the millionair was to be her husband, and she would have to bear him strong children to continue his bloodline. She looked up to Oto, fighting to keep her lip from trembling.
"Do you love him?" Oto asked. Veloralesca gave a short dry laugh that quivered. Blinking back stinging tears, she tossed her dark cerulean hair back over her shoulder and blinked
"How could I?" She asked. "I've only met him once. When I saw him, he looked at me and began to ask questions....I could tell by his attitude that he was a very important man, but I coulnd't help but watch as he just walked around with an air that just totally disusted me.....I hate men like that." Oto thoughtfully watched her. He then rose. Veloralesca looked up at him, not wanting him to leave her, she felt a sense of belonging to him.
"I have someone who might be able to help you with your problem. He can talk to you and help you cope." He said before walking to the door. He stopped and slowly turned to talk to her.
"He's my brother, Ani. He can help you..." He then left her.
"Thank you." She called to him. She waited until she heard his footstep fade. Then she finally opened her large window to look out into the courtyard. Her mother was in the orchard, simply walking around and enjoying the lavishing attention that was being showered upon her. Veloralesca was just getting a creeping thought about dramatically throwing her slender body from the window, when another man entered. She turned to look as a small demon entered. SHe stared at his long gray hair and peircing golden eyes. His sharp facial features made him look young. Perhaps in his late twenties. He lightly bowed, not taking his golden eyes off of her
"Lady?" He quietly asked. Veloralesca nodded and stood. "I am Ani." He said. He took her hand and kissed the back of it, a gesture of respect from a man to a woman. She smiled and motioned for him to sit. He obeyed and calmly watched her.
"I've never seen you before." She said. "You new?" He shook his head. He carefulled watched her, in a way that made her feel exposed and uncomfortable. His lips turned into a smile. "Are you married?"
"No." He replied. "I dedicate myself to my brother and his devotion." Veloralesca nodded, not realizing what Ani had just said to her. Perhaps it was best left that way, if she knew about Ani and Oto, she would be appalled. "What do you want to talk about, mi'lady?" Veloralesca shook her head.
"I can't really confide it in anyone. It's just, I'm to marry Sakyo, he's offered my mother 5 billion dollars, for my hand in marriage, she was unsatisfied, so he offered 10 more billion. She then accepted, with 15 billion in her pocket, with THAT much money, she's going to over throw King Urameshi and she'll take the throne. With me and Sakyou as her heirs." Ani thought for a moment and nodded.
"You want me to tell you a little about him?" Ani asked. Veloralesca turned to look at Ani, her gray eyes fillied with confusion she walked to him. She fell to her knees and placed her hands clasped together in his lap. He smiled at her curiosity.
"Could you?" She asked. Ani nodded. He took her hands in her own and caressed them in a comforting manner. She leaned closer, her lips close to his face. He gazed down into her eyes and gently touched her hair. 'You look like Genkai.....' He thought 'A blue haired Genkai with an even more graceful appearence.' Without warning, a fire that had been diminished to a spark since over fifty years twitched. As he gazed into her Genkai-like face, that spark was blown on and the fire was ignited once again. The fire that was burned for the young pink-haired Genkai. He tighlty gripped her hands and smiled darkly. She didn't notice it.
"Sakyo, is.....Well, a protective man. He's daring, and slightly reserved, but, you can tell he would make a very loving husband, but if you want my advise, then listen well, you have to go with his lifestyle. Don't complain or speak out against his wishes. He loves his gambling life. He's probably just lonely, he wants a wife, a good wife to cook him meals, kiss him goodnight, make his coffee in the morning, and make love to him to show him that he was loved and wanted." Veloralesca slowly got up and walked to the window and placed her hands on the stone widnowsill. Night had fallen, her mother had moved from the ochard to the lakes edge. Veloralesca could see the northern lights swiftly moving. The purplish mounains seemed to glow.
"Better yet....Why don;t you meet him, your mother wouldn't mind. He's been lodged in the castle for several days. He hasn't met you yet, he doesn't want to upset you. I can go get him." Veloralesca nodded and opened the window wider. Ani stood and lightly bowed.
"I will be back, Mi'lady."


Chapter 2 Review: Veloralesca meets her gambler in shining armor, and she finds that she is rather.............................

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FrostToguro on June 15, 2005, 5:51:24 AM

FrostToguro on
FrostToguroOh, just tell me to shut the hell up and get on with the Ani stuff alread. i get it...... ^_^

Natalya on June 15, 2005, 3:52:34 AM

Natalya on
NatalyaHmmm, this is...interesting. I like it so far and I can't wait to see what happens. Please don't forget to work on your other stories, I want to know how they end!